Home Engineering Room

Graphical issue with Skirmish (different)

They just keep getting bigger.
Can click what's underneath so if it's anti macro it's pretty stupid, as it just obstructs the ability for any task players affected to see what they're doing..

Happening on at least two of my different Android devices not sure if it's affecting both of the wife's yet.

Seems to start semi slow,
Can get thru one full name set.. maybe two then it turns in to this message.

If this is anti macro gone wrong, id like to suggest moving the buttons a row their own height higher at random times instead. Can't macro that away.

fk8d3dg5tglp.png

Comments

• FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    (or randomly swapping the health bar and the action bar with each other randomly every couple battles, would be a pretty effective counter)
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never saw these before, and about an hour ago they started. Super distracting and takes up almost all of the screen
    Been doing it for me since it started.

Wife just got one of those "are you trapped in the holodeck" messages 20 minutes ago. I ain't seen one yet this event and I've played more then her.
    Ok so it does seem to be a deliberate inclusion into the game from what I can see as after I exit the game and go back in it resets..

First series of battles normal appearance
    Growing with every subsequent set.
    Why this would be implemented makes little sense as it doesn't stop the ability to actually hit the buttons, just see them.

I've never used a macro but from what I understand this seems to favor -them- and hinder Honest players not the reverse.

A macro doesn't need to see, it just runs a preset series of clicks over and over, while honest players can get tripped up by this as it obstructs visual..

I highly suggest that -if- this is indeed a deliberately added function that you rethink it.

Rng swaps of of the vertical alignment of the shield/health bar with the battle buttons with be highly effective so long as it is rng and bit a set pattern.

Having battles 1,3&5 with battle buttons lower every time is not effective, you would need a much longer sequence or maybe even keying their location setting to the servers clock at battle initialization.

Additionally / alternatively horizontal swapping of two battle buttons that are pre-defined would be highly effective as well. For example swapping the cloak / special attack button with the health button randomly between battles. Or simply expanding & contacting their allingment spacing randomly between battles.
    There is enough space in the UI to..
    "Syllable" it..

Conjecture
    Con ject Ure
    Co njec ture.

Or it could be a random graphical bug..
    But it seems pretty.. defined and exact.
    I donno.

Either way hope the ideas help keep the game honest.

If this really is a bug and you want more screen caps or sys info, let me know.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    This morning it switched back to teeny tiny text. If the random text size changes are deliberate to stop macros I don't see how as it only discourages human players by irritating human eyes.

Hope it's a bug and that the intended font size is small as possible.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so it does seem to be a deliberate inclusion into the game from what I can see as after I exit the game and go back in it resets..

First series of battles normal appearance
    Growing with every subsequent set.
    Why this would be implemented makes little sense as it doesn't stop the ability to actually hit the buttons, just see them.

I've never used a macro but from what I understand this seems to favor -them- and hinder Honest players not the reverse.

A macro doesn't need to see, it just runs a preset series of clicks over and over, while honest players can get tripped up by this as it obstructs visual..

I highly suggest that -if- this is indeed a deliberately added function that you rethink it.

Rng swaps of of the vertical alignment of the shield/health bar with the battle buttons with be highly effective so long as it is rng and bit a set pattern.

Having battles 1,3&5 with battle buttons lower every time is not effective, you would need a much longer sequence or maybe even keying their location setting to the servers clock at battle initialization.

Additionally / alternatively horizontal swapping of two battle buttons that are pre-defined would be highly effective as well. For example swapping the cloak / special attack button with the health button randomly between battles. Or simply expanding & contacting their allingment spacing randomly between battles.
    There is enough space in the UI to..
    "Syllable" it..

Conjecture
    Con ject Ure
    Co njec ture.

Or it could be a random graphical bug..
    But it seems pretty.. defined and exact.
    I donno.

Either way hope the ideas help keep the game honest.

If this really is a bug and you want more screen caps or sys info, let me know.

This bug existed in both previous Skirmish events. I believe someone also reported seeing it in the arena. It also happened to the honor display in the crew quarters when some of us airlocked hundreds of crew at a time. My guess is that there are separate operations for temporarily increasing and then decreasing the size of the displayed text, with the decrease-size operation getting easily interrupted to the point of not working.

I suppose the bug could be leveraged into another anti-macro tool but then it would be happening uniformly to everyone rather than those of us who seem to tap faster than others.
    edited August 2018
    Ooh ok, thanks :)

Well, at the least it spawned a few ideas for consideration :D