Home The Bridge

Rank 1000 in Skirmish Event

Comments

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    To anyone who purchased extra rewards.... I'm curious how that worked out. Did you get the extra every time or only when you got a certain basic reward. What was the decision making process behind it and most of all, was it worth it dil to reward payout? Thanks for the info and good job @Paladin 27

I started out with 15,000 dil. I bought the 10 dil bonus after every single battle. The results are above. When I finished I had exactly 1 dil left

I was going to try figure out how many skirmishes you did. But you either rounded or spent on something else.
    Well I will anyhow. 15000/4=3750

And not sure score wise, if this was your worst because of a happy occasion.
    Or, if you managed, to still out do your previous ones.
  • PompeyMagnusPompeyMagnus ✭✭✭✭
    I managed to finish in the top 50, but I am never going all-out on a Skirmish event ever again. That was a tedious grind. So much more of a grind than a Galaxy event.
  • That was the most time I’d spent grinding in an event, only to end up with this

nq4opg3e9096.jpeg

I’m mostly just surprised 1002 other people had at least as much time as I did. Did your nephews give you all summer colds too?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to finish in the top 50, but I am never going all-out on a Skirmish event ever again. That was a tedious grind. So much more of a grind than a Galaxy event.

Totally understand.
    But you get Chron. and honor from skirmish. And using a Chron. for ship battles gives you intel that you can use to skirmish, which gives you Chron. which you can ......
    You know just writing that is tedious
    But you do not have to do more than threshold all the time. Maybe every once
    In a while you go for top 1000 and get some honor in doing in it.
  • Paladin 27 wrote: »
    [...] was ready to try it with only 8-10 hours of sleep in the middle of the event if needed, but luckily I was able to [...] get 4-6 hours of sleep Friday through Sunday nights
    Paladin 27 wrote: »
    I spent about 40k dil total in the event...

But... why?
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    [...] was ready to try it with only 8-10 hours of sleep in the middle of the event if needed, but luckily I was able to [...] get 4-6 hours of sleep Friday through Sunday nights
    I spent about 40k dil total in the event...

But... why?

Because it was there (first in event)
  • Well done Seven, can't believe you had time for all that tapping AND recording notes! Glad the Poly nerf didn't affect your chance to rank high too
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    WaldoMag wrote: »
    To anyone who purchased extra rewards.... I'm curious how that worked out. Did you get the extra every time or only when you got a certain basic reward. What was the decision making process behind it and most of all, was it worth it dil to reward payout? Thanks for the info and good job @Paladin 27

I started out with 15,000 dil. I bought the 10 dil bonus after every single battle. The results are above. When I finished I had exactly 1 dil left

I was going to try figure out how many skirmishes you did. But you either rounded or spent on something else.

I do pay for the quick trip home on every voyage. Over a 4 day event that could amount to close to 2,000. I don’t remember how many points I had but I finished 105. The other two skirmishes I finished 92 and 93.

• WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

I do pay for the quick trip home on every voyage. Over a 4 day event that could amount to close to 2,000. I don’t remember how many points I had but I finished 105. The other two skirmishes I finished 92 and 93.

Hard to say you were in the ball park. Have to see the actual scores from them to know where you ranked. But not bad. It is hard to sit out when there is honor at stake😉🙂
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Hard to say you were in the ball park. Have to see the actual scores from them to know where you ranked. But not bad. It is hard to sit out when there is honor at stake😉🙂

For sure. I sat out all Sunday and Monday but did plenty the other days. I left off Saturday night in 48

• For those that are interested I actually logged every reward I recieved. I spent 120 dilithium on 12 extra rewards, I didn't buy event packs and so the first couple of rewards weren't as high as I was using Ru'Afu and then switched to Goran'Agar. I started with 10,031 chrons and played 439 skirmish.

Credits 1,267,000
    Intel 22,973
    VP 81,000
    Chrons 22,187
    Honor 24,510

Honestly am surprised I went through so many chrons, add on my voyage and fleet chrons and I've probably sank around 35,000 chrons! Also thought the honor would be higher, as I've added around 40,000 since the event start, shows how much it adds up.

It was fun but not planning on playing so hard for a long looooong time (I say this every skirmish!) My fingers hurt, and I can't actually fit Phlox in yet 😅 surprisingly I was No1 in my fleet this week and I'm really proud because we've some awesome players. Guess I cannot call myself a newbie anymore, I've been playing 6 months now and for the last 5 events have ranked under 1000 for 4 of them. i didn't play the Jadzia event past my desired goal because I was hoarding chrons for skirmish.

xqkfxm2l8g7g.jpeg

Whoa! That's some serious math and statistics.😮 Too bad that doesn't keep track of that stuff on the game itself.
    Ya know, if you just played and didn't write all that bet you would've gotton further.😆
  • That was the most time I’d spent grinding in an event, only to end up with this

nq4opg3e9096.jpeg

I’m mostly just surprised 1002 other people had at least as much time as I did. Did your nephews give you all summer colds too?

In the same boat bro. Was trying to get at least 1k finish to "win" my first legend. I hear ya on the grind, but some of us do choose "life" and don't sit by a screen for 4 days straight. 😊
  • WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was the most time I’d spent grinding in an event, only to end up with this

nq4opg3e9096.jpeg

In the same boat bro. Was trying to get at least 1k finish to "win" my first legend. I hear ya on the grind, but some of us do choose "life" and don't sit by a screen for 4 days straight. 😊

Made that 4day mistake with Polywater🙄
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    For those that are interested I actually logged every reward I recieved. I spent 120 dilithium on 12 extra rewards, I didn't buy event packs and so the first couple of rewards weren't as high as I was using Ru'Afu and then switched to Goran'Agar. I started with 10,031 chrons and played 439 skirmish.

Credits 1,267,000
    Intel 22,973
    VP 81,000
    Chrons 22,187
    Honor 24,510

Honestly am surprised I went through so many chrons, add on my voyage and fleet chrons and I've probably sank around 35,000 chrons! Also thought the honor would be higher, as I've added around 40,000 since the event start, shows how much it adds up.

It was fun but not planning on playing so hard for a long looooong time (I say this every skirmish!) My fingers hurt, and I can't actually fit Phlox in yet 😅 surprisingly I was No1 in my fleet this week and I'm really proud because we've some awesome players. Guess I cannot call myself a newbie anymore, I've been playing 6 months now and for the last 5 events have ranked under 1000 for 4 of them. i didn't play the Jadzia event past my desired goal because I was hoarding chrons for skirmish.

xqkfxm2l8g7g.jpeg

Whoa! That's some serious math and statistics.😮 Too bad that doesn't keep track of that stuff on the game itself.
    Ya know, if you just played and didn't write all that bet you would've gotton further.😆

I wrote them down as the next battle was loading and displaying animations, so I didn't actually lose any time. I went shopping on the Friday and so lost most of a day but I doubt it would have put me in the top 15. My battles do take a bit longer than some reported on here (my ship isnt maxed) and for the last hour I was scraping chrons from wherever I could manage. Overall very happy with the result 😊

Captain Ziggy - thanks ☺ used Yar for the first 150 battles and then switched to Ardra who made them finish much faster. Feel I got some use out of her though which made up for the nerf.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Was trying to get at least 1k finish to "win" my first legend … some of us do choose "life" and don't sit by a screen for 4 days straight. 😊

While it is definitely true that a significant amount of time needed to be dedicated to this Event in order to finish in the Top 1000, just to clarify though, it was nowhere close to a 4 day commitment. My approach was the following:

- I released a Supply Kit on Thursday, and did an initial push using up all of the Chronitons we acquired from the Threshold Rewards, plus whatever I earned from Bonus Reward boxes; I exclusively ran Space Missions with regular Chroniton costs that are multiples of 4 to maximize the benefit of the Supply Kit
    - then I took a break from the Event on Friday evening, all day Saturday, and the first half of Sunday, during which time I did not run a single Skirmish; other than running the minimum number of Away Missions (costing only 4 Chronitons each) to complete the Daily Missions, during this time I spent the remainder of my available Chronitons (e.g., those earned from Voyages) on Space Missions to build up Intel
    - Sunday when there were less than 24 hours remaining in the Event, I released a second Supply Kit, allowing me to have its benefits through to the Event's conclusion; at this point in time I was sitting on 41,181 Intel
    - as I ran Skirmishes during the second half of Sunday, with the Chronitons I was acquiring from Bonus Reward boxes (and immediately using up on Space Missions), I actually found it a challenge to use up my Intel; at the time when I had climbed up into the Top 1000 (shown in an earlier Comment in this thread) I still had 33,827 Intel remaining
    - in order to have simply remained in the Top 1000, my time commitment through the balance of the Event would have been relatively small; but since these Events are so rewarding, I decided to grind through using up my available Intel
    - despite having taken the above noted break during the middle of the Event (for life! :) ), I finished with a final Rank of 372

nq4opg3e9096.jpeg

Just because I choose to play a skirmish does not mean I'm not choosing 'life'. I'm actually recovering from an operation I had a couple of weeks ago, and even if I wasn't, what I choose to do with my time is my own concern. Timelines has enriched my life, I've made a lot of new friends, discovered some new series, my sons absolutely love that their mum now gets gaming, and i've discovered how competitive I am with my OH because of this game. It is a part of my life, and I love that. When the game ends, as nothing lives forever, I'll still have those friends, a million or so screenshots and a lifetime of saying 'do you remember when we played that StarTrek game' until I'm 107 and reminiscing on my death bed.
  • Wasn’t a horrible grind to get into the top 1000, roughly the same amount of time as a Galaxy event. I had a slow night shift at work the first night and burnt through 4000 Crons + Supply kit over 8 hours and racked up 1.2 million VP. That put me in the top 25 for a bit and I didn’t touch the event again until close to the end to use up the accumulated Intel and ended up at 238. For the amount of effort, plus the great rewards, this is far better than Galaxy! Ended up with somewhere around 15,000 honor/holoemitters and leveled a ton of crew.
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    NivenFres wrote: »

nq4opg3e9096.jpeg

Was just trying to keep my head above water on this event. Got distracted at work :)

Came back right after the event was over to find myself at 999.

ryo6jf9aa136.png

For those who finished right around rank 1k, how many Victory Points did that end up being? I had about 750k VPs, and finished at rank 1135. I'm curious how many more rounds I would have had to play to rank in the top 1k.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

nq4opg3e9096.jpeg

Was just trying to keep my head above water on this event. Got distracted at work :)

ryo6jf9aa136.png

For those who finished right around rank 1k, how many Victory Points did that end up being? I had about 750k VPs, and finished at rank 1135. I'm curious how many more rounds I would have had to play to rank in the top 1k.

800k ish. I had 860 and ended up around 750.
  • NivenFres wrote: »

nq4opg3e9096.jpeg

ryo6jf9aa136.png

800k ish. I had 860 and ended up around 750.
    A bit more, I guess.
    I had 831k and ranked around 960.
  • edited August 2018
    I had over 2.6 million points for rank 39. Have never scored even a million points and my highest rank to date, in an event, was 15.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭

nq4opg3e9096.jpeg

ryo6jf9aa136.png

Unfortunately I don't know. I didn't take a screenshot of the actual pop up.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Finished 230-something, mostly because skirmishes are my strong suit. I played ten hours and burnt through all five chroniton offers, so I spent $50 bucks, plus $25 for the midlevel offer and got phlox. With phlox, Ru'afo and max level HMS bounty, never even got hull damage but for a few times when the T'ong just ignored I was cloaked (like it does).

I had a dumb strategy. I only bought extra rewards when the free reward was chronitons. It seemed to work more on Sunday and monday in phase two. Last few rounds I kept going until time ran out chrons got very generous and I didnt even cash them all in to Intel.

Did anyone notice portals didnt drop this skirmish? They had in the two previous, at legendary rates. or maybe I was just unlucky? Curious if anyone got a portal in their rewards.

Something I found out that seems to work in arena. If I press the crew immediately before activating they activated and ship battles were measurably faster.

For example. Fourth battle of phase two, the D'deridex warbird. If I activates crew right as or right before it flashed, I could win before their second cloak. If I activated the crew a half second layer, the battle drug on another ten fifteen seconds. Does that sound like anything anyone else noticed?
    TonyZee wrote: »
    Finished 230-something, mostly because skirmishes are my strong suit. I played ten hours and burnt through all five chroniton offers, so I spent $50 bucks, plus $25 for the midlevel offer and got phlox. With phlox, Ru'afo and max level HMS bounty, never even got hull damage but for a few times when the T'ong just ignored I was cloaked (like it does).

I had a dumb strategy. I only bought extra rewards when the free reward was chronitons. It seemed to work more on Sunday and monday in phase two. Last few rounds I kept going until time ran out chrons got very generous and I didnt even cash them all in to Intel.

Did anyone notice portals didnt drop this skirmish? They had in the two previous, at legendary rates. or maybe I was just unlucky? Curious if anyone got a portal in their rewards.

Something I found out that seems to work in arena. If I press the crew immediately before activating they activated and ship battles were measurably faster.

For example. Fourth battle of phase two, the D'deridex warbird. If I activates crew right as or right before it flashed, I could win before their second cloak. If I activated the crew a half second layer, the battle drug on another ten fifteen seconds. Does that sound like anything anyone else noticed?

I had three single rare portals drop.
  • KayJay47KayJay47 ✭✭✭
    Despite playing all three skirmishes extensively, I've never had a portal drop. I'm treating them as a myth.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think I got a single portal once between the first two Skirmish events but none this time around.
  • I got one. Gave me 200 honor, which was nice. A behold, 2 immortals and a Kurros.
  • I got 3 portal drops
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met