Home Strange New Worlds
Options

Advertisement for another Star Trek

WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Strange New Worlds
You got to be kidding. I will not start playing any new mobile or online game after my experience including STT.

I am currently playing some of G5E games. But after an accidental purchase with in game currency that G5e would not return , I stopped buying anything with money. Exception two accidental purchases one for $0.99 (did not bother getting refund, but I thought I had turned off one touch purchase) then a second for $29.99 immediately got refunded from Apple and this time I made sure I turned off one touch purchasing. Also informed Apple of one touch stacking that after a couple of seconds and purchase screen appearing a confirmation occurred because of a two second earlier click of home button to switch ap.

Comments

• Options
    Are you referring to the other Star Trek card game that's floating around out there (Adversaries)?

If so, that's a completely different company and your purchases with one will not affect the other at all.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Are you referring to the other Star Trek card game that's floating around out there (Adversaries)?

If so, that's a completely different company and your purchases with one will not affect the other at all.

Thanks, but I would never get involved with another online game. Nothing to do with them (puppet masters I think) just the whole experience. STT had been one of the better ones. But now Project Restoration which was part of Yahoo games, is my best.

For me the disappointment of Project Restoration was the failure to get game ported over to Facebook. I kept playing until the end on Yahoo at that point Facebook had my game working, but i had made a lot of progress and was not going to go backwards.
  • Options
    Will check out the Adversaries game. Has anyone tried it? Any good?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drone_one wrote: »

There’s a run through or two on youtube. It looks like it would bore me to tears

• Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ya i was not that impressed with the advertisement. You think they would put the best out. And they probably did.
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭

I like adversaries. It is a card duel game. If you like that then you will like the game. They make it so you can get free card packs by playing the game which is good. And you dont have to spend tons of money like other card duel games because you can replicate any card using in game currency you acquire by playing the game. It is still new so they are still adding things but it has lots of potential.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭

I like adversaries. It is a card duel game. If you like that then you will like the game. They make it so you can get free card packs by playing the game which is good. And you dont have to spend tons of money like other card duel games because you can replicate any card using in game currency you acquire by playing the game. It is still new so they are still adding things but it has lots of potential.

I forgot one I play on line that I do not spend any money on.
    I also do not spend the time on it that I do with any of the other online games I have played.
    But I only play solo MTG (Magic the Gathering.)

Sounds similar might be fun.
    But, if I am done with STT. I rather pull myself out of the games I currently am on. Then, start a new one.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I rather enjoy the game. And the devs are very player centric and very friendly and involved in the community. It's very hearthstone-esque, but with deeper mechanics. Also works pretty well free-to-play, there's lots of opportunities to be competitive at the top tiers without spending money.

If you don't like Magic and Hearthstone, and CCGs like that, it may not be for you. But if you had good experiences once upon a time in the genre, it's worth checking out.

P.S. They're also much more generous, and your all in price is thousands a month less than the STT all in price. Also, the art is much higher quality, there's just no contest.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I rather enjoy the game. And the devs are very player centric and very friendly and involved in the community. It's very hearthstone-esque, but with deeper mechanics. Also works pretty well free-to-play, there's lots of opportunities to be competitive at the top tiers without spending money.

If you don't like Magic and Hearthstone, and CCGs like that, it may not be for you. But if you had good experiences once upon a time in the genre, it's worth checking out.

P.S. They're also much more generous, and your all in price is thousands a month less than the STT all in price. Also, the art is much higher quality, there's just no contest.

I will have to give it a try. I have totally forgotten about my good experiences with CCG. Because I rarely played them and when I did it was for small time. They never interfered with my life. I also never spent money on them. Might be the key to real game enjoyment. But those games made getting the in game currency easy. And you can save up without the need to spend it. But there really is nothing else to spend it on but new cards. But MTG puts packs on sale so I wait for that. Currently 11k gold. When sale happens I probably will have half or more that I do not need to spend.
  • Options
    ThurthoradThurthorad ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thumbs up from me for Adversaries. I haven't played it on mobile yet as it wasn't available in my itunes, but I have played it on Steam and it was pretty good. If you like voice clips definitely check it out. Lots of cool ones and lots of characters not yet featured here.
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I did a little searching for a online (not mobile ) CCG I used to play.
    It was Kingdoms CCG
    I had fun when I was playing it. Never spent money on it.
    I think it became a player vs. player only game and I stopped playing it.
    I did play against players occasionally on it.
    But mainly I played solo.

Amazing I forgot my good experiences. And those were the ones I did not spend money on.

Oh, I went to their site Kingdoms CCG it is available as ap.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Started playing Adversaries today (wasn't available on mobile last time I checked)... it's ok... I might like it as I get more used to it but for now I'm just kind of meh on it. I do like how it gives you some tokens to get good cards of your choice right off the bat
  • Options
    WaldoMagWaldoMag ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Yateball wrote: »
    Started playing Adversaries today (wasn't available on mobile last time I checked)... it's ok... I might like it as I get more used to it but for now I'm just kind of meh on it. I do like how it gives you some tokens to get good cards of your choice right off the bat

Not sure if you are into other CCG games.
    I think we tend to forget that STT is a CCG game too.
    But, if not it may not be your type of game.
    STT has managed to make the game somewhat like a strategy game (that is based on RNG)

No they are all strategy as mentioned by @Captain_Who

Just that DB manage to incorporate it differently.
    We need to complete missions, we have energy to do missions etc
    There definitely is a difference not sure how you would classify it.

Edit: I agree too that STT is probably less strategy than other CCGs.
    But when they first introduced episode 8 I could have finished in day one, not sure if I was busy, or just put it off, finished day two.
    But for me the key was failing nodes and still be in able to successfully complete.
    I think I failed a mission a couple times before RNG favored me.
  • Options
    Graphics look good or better than STT. will try this out. Thanks!
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is there is very little tactics or strategy in STT. In actual event play at any rate. And nothing dynamic about it. Tap, click, grind, sigh, macro. At least "real" CCGs there's a dynamic aspect, strategy in deck building, and tactics and strategy in play. STT is much closer to Pokemon than Magic or an actual game.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    The problem is there is very little tactics or strategy in STT. In actual event play at any rate. And nothing dynamic about it. Tap, click, grind, sigh, macro. At least "real" CCGs there's a dynamic aspect, strategy in deck building, and tactics and strategy in play. STT is much closer to Pokemon than Magic or an actual game.

i agree with you. Sometimes I wonder why we are all still doing this.

it is not logical! i wish I am a vulcan.
  • Options

i agree with you. Sometimes I wonder why we are all still doing this.

it is not logical! i wish I am a vulcan.

w38yhgapz9ad.jpg
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just tried to launch Adversaries today after a couple weeks off and see it was shut down... Bit of a shame I enjoyed it
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »
    Just tried to launch Adversaries today after a couple weeks off and see it was shut down... Bit of a shame I enjoyed it

Yup, it seems to be abandonware. Still have it on my iPad but can't find it in the app store now. It had a lot of promise.
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested