Home Ready Room

Rookie Squadron Question

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
This will be my first event where I can share crew with my squad. When does that become available to do and how do you do it?

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Once the event starts. Open the event screen and you'll see the graphics for Leaderboard & Rewards, --> scroll/slide those over and you'll see the crew share graphic. Click on the empty square and the crew selection screen will pop up so you can pick who you want to share.

Example (the squad leader section is hidden until you side scroll over)...
    ilc9z48a4a0g.png
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Once the event starts. Open the event screen and you'll see the graphics for Leaderboard & Rewards, --> scroll/slide those over and you'll see the crew share graphic. Click on the empty square and the crew selection screen will pop up so you can pick who you want to share.

Example (the squad leader section is hidden until you side scroll over)...
    ilc9z48a4a0g.png

Thank you sir. Much appreciated! So they are going to be waiting on me to do this before they send their first shuttles out.

• Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It probably won't make much of a difference during the early rounds of the quick start unless your squadmates truely have no bonus crew and/or they are set to go the second the event starts. I usually don't start getting points from the shared crew until a couple hours into the event. Plus I like to scope out the missions during the quickstart to decide whom to share (these days it's typically the immortal existing superrare, but sometimes a gold event crew variant wins out. During the Romulan/Vulcan mega I shared T'Rul even though she wasn't event crew beyond being a Romulan; that faction event had a disturbingly large number of ENG slots for a skill so rare in the event theme, and I think I got more mileage out of her than I would had from Surok.
    I have newer captains between levels 25 and 45. They will probably benefit from my 4/5 Rufio cuz I believe some of them didn’t even get one yet. Even if they did I’m sure there will be more than one engineering slot in the whole event

Sorry to attach this to this post but im kinda stuck. I cant seem to find the button to post new threads. Obviously im logged in if I can post comments. Did something change since the last time i was on the forums???

Don’t sweat it. No intrusion taken, you have to meet certain criteria to post new threads. Not entirely sure but I think it’s enough awesomes on your comments. Reason being is we used to be FLOODED with Chinese spam and needed a way to prevent it

I just realized I have an immortalized Pah Wrath Cult Dukat. Would that be a better share?
  • Banjo,
    I have posted new threads before, been a few weeks but thought i was past all that. That's why I'm so confused.
    Banjo,
    I have posted new threads before, been a few weeks but thought i was past all that. That's why I'm so confused.

Oh. Yeah I don’t get it then.

Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I have newer captains between levels 25 and 45. They will probably benefit from my 4/5 Rufio cuz I believe some of them didn’t even get one yet. Even if they did I’m sure there will be more than one engineering slot in the whole event

Ah yes...the event mega is definitely the best, but there are other circumstances to concider. If they are all ready to go Rufio for sure. If they are more casual players, they may not log on until later in the. If someone DYC, make them squad leader, but make sure they know how to and are ready to use the event crew...it does no one a favor hiding behind the threshold rewards like that.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I just realized I have an immortalized Pah Wrath Cult Dukat. Would that be a better share?

Well, without starbase/collection bonuses your Ru'afo would be 3,636 ENG/1,764 CMD/1,341 SCI with a 3X event bonus (& any bonuses you have would of course increase that) which of course makes him the best candidate for sharing on the face of things, but Dukat's stats at 2,138 DIP/2,030 CMD/1,018 SEC with a 2X bonus could end up being more useful depending on what kind of missions we get and whether your players cherry pick their missions or not.

Example: I was squad lead a couple of weeks ago during the faction event for this mega and while I shared Ru'afo initially I ended up switching to Admiral Ross since there was only one ENG seat in the missions most of us were cherry picking and everyone already had their own copy of Ru'afo. I left the choice up to the members of my squad though as to if they wanted the switch or not.

Well, without starbase/collection bonuses your Ru'afo would be 3,636 ENG/1,764 CMD/1,341 SCI with a 3X event bonus (& any bonuses you have would of course increase that) which of course makes him the best candidate for sharing on the face of things, but Dukat's stats at 2,138 DIP/2,030 CMD/1,018 SEC with a 2X bonus could end up being more useful depending on what kind of missions we get and whether your players cherry pick their missions or not.

Example: I was squad lead a couple of weeks ago during the faction event for this mega and while I shared Ru'afo initially I ended up switching to Admiral Ross since there was only one ENG seat in the missions most of us were cherry picking and everyone already had their own copy of Ru'afo. I left the choice up to the members of my squad though as to if they wanted the switch or not.

Oh you can switch during the event? That’s good to know. I did ask them who they wanted but again they are newer. They may not know. I see your point that Rufio is better stat wise but Dukat has more possibilities. Still the numbers don’t lie. I should prolly go Rufio

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ask my squadron who they want after letting them know who I have. The highest level crew doesn't always fill whatever blank spot they have in their roster. Last time I ended up sharing a relatively low crew, but one who filled a gaping hole in the other guy's shuttles.
    I have one vote so far and that’s for Dukat so it looks like that’s what is the case here too
  • Definitely wait until you see the mission compositions. Even if it is 2X crew if it fills more of a need with your squadron you and they will benefit more in the end.
    Being COM/DIP/SEC prolly can’t go wrong with Dukat
    Guess it depends on what's presented.

If theres alot of ENG and ENG/SCI slots in three-seat shuttles, then Rufio

If DIP/COM/SEC dominates, use Dukat

If it's mostly MED nodes (which seriously could happen), use Diseased Founder or Changeling Bashir

• Legate Damar Legate Damar ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dukat is the best answer, there are hardly any engineering shuttles.
    Dukat is the best answer, there are hardly any engineering shuttles.

They asked for Dukat so we started out with him. As you point out, it was a wise choice