Home The Bridge
Options

Iampicard App "Could" Help to Unlock a Frozen Voyage

[10F] NewtonianQBalls[10F] NewtonianQBalls ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Bridge
I woke up today with a voyage sitting at 48 antimatter and a frozen dilemma. I did my usual in and out of the voyage to see if it gets going but had no luck with it. After that, I went to my computer to check to see if the iampicard app would show the dilemma options and it did. I selected an option and went back into the game and found a running voyage once again. The only issue with this is I did not have the dilemma earnings from the dilemma. But for those that have access to the iampicard app we now have a way to continue a voyage that is stuck and can work towards either just running a voyage for chrons and honor or able to get Colonel Worf and Fierce Guinan.

Here is the link to the app download site.
https://github.com/IAmPicard/StarTrekTimelinesSpreadsheet/releases

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think, more accurately, for your instance here, iampicard seemed to unstick your voyage. It's certainly worth others attempting this to verify, but short of identifying the actual mechanism that made it "unfreeze" I'd hesitate to say iampicard fixed it until more have done it.
  • Options
    Also, restart the app. I won The Caretaker through Iampicard and it didn't show up on my phone til I restarted the app on it. Properly freaked out I was!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I think, more accurately, for your instance here, iampicard seemed to unstick your voyage. It's certainly worth others attempting this to verify, but short of identifying the actual mechanism that made it "unfreeze" I'd hesitate to say iampicard fixed it until more have done it.

Definitely, as this is part of the reason I posted this here to make people aware of this as an option in helping with stuck voyages. The last time I had a stuck voyage was a couple months ago and at that time I was wishing that iampicard had the ability to choose on the dilemma. Once I saw the notes on what was updated with the app I was pleased and was actually looking forward to seeing if it would allow me to pick when the game app on my phone would not. I did do my usual close the app try again and then opening up the voyage over and over to see if that would help. Neither of them did and then I went to iampicard. As stated before using the iampicard app did not award me anything from the dilemma and I can only assume the server side ignored the client side thinking I wasn't actually on a dilemma.

Belle'Anna, I did restart the app afterward, as anytime you make changes with the game via iampicard you need to restart the game app as the game isn't designed to have two of the same account running simultaneously.
  • Options
    @Peachtree Rex I changed the title of the thread to apply the potential to be helpful to a locked voyage.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can see this working because of the direct API interaction. It makes sense.
    It also makes sense that things don't show up in your app until a restart (a la aforementioned caretaker), as the app keeps everything in memory and only polls the server upon load or certain conditions (premium currency interaction and other verified updates).
  • Options
    Edited main post.
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I have a suspicion that, the more crew you have, the more likely your voyage is to get stuck. I don't have solid evidence for this, except for the fact that I never had any problems, even though I heard lots of complaints, and then it started happening for me after I increased my crew slots, and has only gotten worse.

Currently have 235 crew slots filled up, 7 crew in overflow, and from 10 hours onwards, my voyage dilemmas always get iffy. Previously, 20 hours + was a breeze. It's like the voyage log and the active crew is competing for memory space.

The device's capabilities could of course also be a factor. This would explain why a different app architecture, which doesn't have the graphics load, and does not continually reload active crew, could succeed where the game app fails, and why I see marginal improvement in voyage performance after I restart my device (not enough to save it, though, in most cases).

Thoughts on this?
  • Options
    Elynduil wrote: »
    I have a suspicion that, the more crew you have, the more likely your voyage is to get stuck. I don't have solid evidence for this, except for the fact that I never had any problems, even though I heard lots of complaints, and then it started getting happening for me after I increased my crew slots, and has only gotten worse.

Currently have 235 crew slots filled up, 7 crew in overflow, and from 10 hours onwards, my voyage dilemmas always get iffy. Previously, 20 hours + was a breeze. It's like the voyage log and the active crew is competing for memory space.

The device's capabilities could of course also be a factor. This would explain why a different app architecture, which doesn't have the graphics load, and does not continually reload active crew, could succeed where the game app fails, and why I see marginal improvement in voyage performance after I restart my device (not enough to save it, though, in most cases).

Thoughts on this?

I am at 271/275 slots and have never had issues.
  • Options
    I have a suspicion that, the more crew you have, the more likely your voyage is to get stuck. I don't have solid evidence for this, except for the fact that I never had any problems, even though I heard lots of complaints, and then it started getting happening for me after I increased my crew slots, and has only gotten worse.

Thoughts on this?

What platform do you play on, though?
  • Options

Thoughts on this?

LG G5, Android
  • Options
    [S14] Elynduil[S14] Elynduil ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018

Thoughts on this?

LG G5, Android

Old-ish iOS here. Next time this happens, I'm gonna try to open FB Gameroom and see what that does... not sure why I haven't thought of that before. (It's slow as mud on my notebook, though.)
  • Options
    FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm stupid.
    What is this thing ?
    Does this actually adjust / work in / interact with / modify the game ?
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hi, I'm stupid.
    What is this thing ?

See here for details, but it’s basically a wonderful thing. 🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Hi, I'm stupid.
    What is this thing ?

It doesn't do anything you can't do with the app. But often, it just organises information/stats more logically and clearly.
  • Options
    NX9BNX9B ✭✭
    Very cool app. I use it for two things, mainly. 1 is looking farther back in fleet conversations and the most important thing is it will pick/sort voyage crew, choosing not to use certain event crew and give an estimated time before first dil refresh. It comes up with some very 'interesting' combinations that I would have NEVER thought of. Very helpful. You can do gauntlet with it as well but I think that part still needs a lot of work, IMO.
  • Options
    @NX9B the gauntlet tab can be very useful giving % chances to win. Have I had a 98% success rates lose? Yes, I have. Definitely needs work. Though the possibilities to lose with 98% is still possible. But if you are looking for quick gauntlets than using the iampicard app is really nice. Makes things easy to pick who you will battle and with you will use to battle them.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    [10F] Newt wrote: »
    @NX9B the gauntlet tab can be very useful giving % chances to win. Have I had a 98% success rates lose? Yes, I have. Definitely needs work. Though the possibilities to lose with 98% is still possible. But if you are looking for quick gauntlets than using the iampicard app is really nice. Makes things easy to pick who you will battle and with you will use to battle them.

This sucker burned thousands of merits on me when I first started to use it. I have to be careful now. Rewards gained with it are quite boring, they could use an update, but SO much faster and it keeps emotional investment out of the gauntlet.

Actually, an update to the app that let you see (especially pick) ship abilities would be great. But the app with it's better layout, direct API access, and better sorting features is great.