Home Engineering Room

Captain Lorca , missing „Mirror Universe“ trait. Urgent topic.

Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Engineering Room
So, isn t it about time that Lorca finally gets the „Mirror Universe“ trait as well?

He was from the mirror universe. So with a mirror bonus event ahead, its about time he gets this trait(remove „starfleet“ instead).

0qlwfzbavqi1.jpeg
•SSR Delta Flyers•

Comments

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why remove the “Starfleet” trait? Does STD not call the Mirror Universe’s version of Starfleet by the same name?
  • Yes, even in The Original Series "Mirror Mirror", they were still called Starfleet.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I'm inclined to believe they won't be revisiting this particular card. There was obviously a Prime version of Lorca somewhere, and frankly I questioned this card's lack of SEC when he first came out considering the character's obvious obsessions, so I'm inclined to believe this is him. Mirror Leather Daddy Lorca will surely be released at some point, but this is no different than Captain Killy having "Mirror Universe" despite us never actually seeing the real Captain Killy on the show.
  • Mirror CartmanMirror Cartman ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think DB has said they will not be revisiting cards like this.
    robownage wrote: »
    There was obviously a Prime version of Lorca somewhere, and frankly I questioned this card's lack of SEC when he first came out

Yes, this. He is the Prime Lorca. If his card is revisited, it would need a total rework. As well as Mirror Universe, it would need Undercover Operative, Terran Empire, Brutal, Survivalist and Marksman.

The Trait to lose would be "Federation" not "Starfleet", the mirror universe humans had an Empire built by conquest, not a Federation.

His stats would need a total rework, strong security with dip and command re-balanced to stop him becoming to powerful, and some players have expressed disquiet when that has happened to other cards like Polywater Yar.

It would be best if the card was left unaltered.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doesn't that still sort of count as a spoiler? It's the same reason Lt. Tyler doesn't have Klingon and Undercover Operative.
  • robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Doesn't that still sort of count as a spoiler? It's the same reason Lt. Tyler doesn't have Klingon and Undercover Operative.

Yes, but we already got Emperor Georgiou - I think the cat's out of the bag on spoilers for Disco season one. But I do wonder what their timeline on that actually is.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I can't wait for the new Pike card to come out. Anson Mount looks PERFECT in that role.
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, isn t it about time that Lorca finally gets the „Mirror Universe“ trait as well?

He was from the mirror universe. So with a mirror bonus event ahead, its about time he gets this trait(remove „starfleet“ instead).

Your wish has been granted...
  • Commander SinclairCommander Sinclair ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Why remove the “Starfleet” trait? Does STD not call the Mirror Universe’s version of Starfleet by the same name?

Actually, No. TOS & ENT (and I assume DS9 - haven't seen those episodes since the early 90s)
    all talked about Starfleet in the Mirror Universe.

In Discovery - The term "Starfleet" is scoffed at by Emperor Georgiou, so it is reasonable to assume the USS Discovery from the Prime Universe is taken to a Mirror universe that is similar, but NOT the same one as the ENT and TOS crew went to.

As for Lorca in the Game, technically, he IS and has been the Captain of USS Discovery since the loss of the Starship USS Buran, in the Prime universe, and since this is prior to the discovery that he is from the Mirror Universe, his traits should remain "Starfleet" and no Mirror Universe/Terran traits.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...

Actually, No. TOS & ENT (and I assume DS9 - haven't seen those episodes since the early 90s)

In Discovery - The term "Starfleet" is scoffed at by Emperor Georgiou, so it is reasonable to assume the USS Discovery from the Prime Universe is taken to a Mirror universe that is similar, but NOT the same one as the ENT and TOS crew went to.

The quote from that episode was posted somewhere else in the last day or so, where the Emperor scoffs at the idea of the Federation rather than Starfleet itself.

Don’t get me wrong: I would love to consider Discovery’s take on the Mirror Universe (heck, all of Discovery) to be yet another alternate reality but that doesn’t seem to be the case here.
  • Why remove the “Starfleet” trait? Does STD not call the Mirror Universe’s version of Starfleet by the same name?

The quote from that episode was posted somewhere else in the last day or so, where the Emperor scoffs at the idea of the Federation rather than Starfleet itself.

Don’t get me wrong: I would love to consider Discovery’s take on the Mirror Universe (heck, all of Discovery) to be yet another alternate reality but that doesn’t seem to be the case here.

Really? Then how do you explain Starfleet existing in the Mirror Universe in the time of Archer, then during Pike & Kirk, but NOT in the Discovery timeline, which OVERLAPS Pike's time?
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thx, DB. I really did not expect they would add the trait even before the event. Well done. :)
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    Thx, DB. I really did not expect they would add the trait even before the event. Well done. :)

Was just about to say that iampicard was knocking Lorca out of the voyage recommendations and when I looked him up, he was showing it.

I am a little surprised, since I did figure it fell under "this is supposed to be the original".
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."

Really? Then how do you explain Starfleet existing in the Mirror Universe in the time of Archer, then during Pike & Kirk, but NOT in the Discovery timeline, which OVERLAPS Pike's time?

Awful writing on an embarrassment of a show.