Home The Bridge
Options

Low-participation

DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
Is it me or is this event really low point wise? compared to other Hybrid faction events... Maybe not enough time has passed yet.

If the participation is low, I wonder if its cause people are cranky with DB, or the rewards are tooo... BLAH:)

Or maybe both?

thoughts;)

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps this is a good time to make a first place run
  • Options
    DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Indeed lol
  • Options
    Cpt. CavemanCpt. Caveman ✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Always a mistake during Hybrid. 2nd phase always skyrockets with people trying for top 1000 or top 5
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    The community rewards are slow, too.

But I think it is people lacking confidence in DB and not needing the 5* and having the ranked 4*. I stopped after threshold Friday and have been running other faction missions.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree that participation must be low. I normally do well in the faction portion and then drop like a rock during the galaxy face because I’m not willing to burn a zillion chronitons.

I haven’t done any of the galaxy portion yet, and almost 8 hours into it I’m ranked at 396.
  • Options
    The last hour is the real test. I can't tell you how many events I thought I had in the bag in the top 100 all the way through, then I find myself scrambling right before it ends to hold on to 999.

Spoiler alert, I usually end up at 1003rd place when that happens.
  • Options
    Average GuyAverage Guy ✭✭✭✭
    I think it's both low participation because of the characters and the cranky response of players to the Polywater gate scandal.
  • Options
    CloneClone ✭✭✭
    I think it's both low participation because of the characters and the cranky response of players to the Polywater gate scandal.

Don't forget the "skirmish events aren't broken, you're just wrong about how they work, deal with it" fiasco. We must ask DB: Y U No Do Better?
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also bank Holliday for people in the tiny island across the pond although it’s due to rain all day today so there maybe a spike in activity
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    It is certainly hammering it down with rain on this tiny island
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my first ever proper threshold and out. I've have both Gliora and Dukat immortilised before the event and Martok at 1/5 probably wouldn't get used in my crew as his stats just aren't high enough. I'm not spending all my chrons on a crew member that's not going to be useful. I went full on last week and so this weekend I'm catching up with family.

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    robownagerobownage ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was my first ever proper threshold and out. I've have both Gliora and Dukat immortilised before the event and Martok at 1/5 probably wouldn't get used in my crew as his stats just aren't high enough. I'm not spending all my chrons on a crew member that's not going to be useful. I went full on last week and so this weekend I'm catching up with family.

Pretty much the same for me; nothing to do with all of the gates of the last week or two.

In regards to the rewards being slow, we should hit the 10x portal pull in an hour or two, and I seem to recall another hybrid a few months ago where it took a good 24 hours to hit it.
  • Options
    Aldude wrote: »
    It is certainly hammering it down with rain on this tiny island

Yup - sunny Walsall isn't very sunny right now...
  • Options
    XanatharXanathar ✭✭✭
    Considering the ranked 4* is someone the vast majority of people will be able to immortalise in a couple of days anyway, coupled with a subpar 5*, this really isn't very surprising (even the threshold character is rubbish and requires an annoyingly large number of Dominion PADDS - probably not worth the effort for a lot of people).

If DB wants money, they sure go about it in a bizarre way.
  • Options
    I finished the thresholds within the shuttle phase without spending a single boost. I've no interest in a mediocre 1/5 and already have the rank rewards immortalised so I've been happy to do thresholds and out in this one. I've even frozen all my Dominion crew including Ikat'ika once the last star dropped and started thawing Mirror crew ready for next week.

If only it wasn't belting down outside so I could enjoy the Bank Holiday..
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also finished the threshold rewards in the shuttle phase. I then did a few galaxy missions to contribute to the community. But now it's over, I am done.

I shall stay in my tent and enjoy the rain.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    It's the worse Mega event so far, period.
  • Options
    Hunter247Hunter247 ✭✭✭✭
    Weakish legendary character with dodgy art plus a reward 4 star that the vast majority will already have typically means people are less willing to burn cron.

I had hot threshold from the first part and was far from alone. So for many a bit of honour and a weak legendary is not worth the cron investment.

I suspect for the vast majority the nerfing of polyester has little to none to do with it.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me, my inventory is still recovering from coming in 11th in the Alt Future Dax event so the plan was to just do the faction portion. I collected my final shuttles a while ago leaving me at just over 300K VP and around rank 700. Have toyed with staying top 1K depending on where things stand later today, but Martok isn’t as good as I’d hoped he’d be so I don’t know if I can be bothered.
  • Options
    V.V. ✭✭✭✭
    23,000 baaaabeeeee
    Jean-Luc Picard: "We think we've come so far. Torture of heretics, burning of witches, is all ancient history. Then, before you can blink an eye, suddenly, it threatens to start all over again."
  • Options
    This M.E. started good, but the last few weeks have been a fiasco with the Yargate, Rufeegate, and the 3* rewards changing every 10 min. for this event. I'm TNO even though I have the best crew I've ever had for an event and was doing well. But the rewards weren't worth the effort and my inventory.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will be honest - I have the resources and the power to finish top 1K... I just don't have any space for another 1/5 with meh stats... And I'd rather stockpile my resources for a future galaxy event with a 1/5 worth fighting for.
    I have no issue with everything that has happened over the last 3 weeks because I haven't spent any money, therefore (IMO) I have no reason to complain!
  • Options
    SoupKitchen RikerSoupKitchen Riker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rewards and out... Jello Martok is not very impressive. This mega event over all was very “blah” imho. Wished that more of the characters made more sense in a Dominion Mega Event. Plus, would have been nice to see a 5* Jem’Hadar.
    “A committee is a cul-de-sac, down which good ideas are lured and quietly strangled.” —Mark TwainMEMBER: [BoB] Barrel of Bloodwine... We are recruiting and putting the “curv” in scurvy! Best Event Finish: #3 Honor Debt: Inconceivable...Honor Bank Account: Slowly building...
  • Options
    Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easy pass on this event. Thresholds and donezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    Same here. After the Yar event, I have decided to stop all spending and reduce the time I waste on the game.
  • Options
    [SSR]Trollhammeren[SSR]Trollhammeren ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Well let me put it this way , with a little over 8h left from the event I'm still sitting at ~2000 with 3 rounds of shuttles sent out after i hit threshold.
    The new 5* being given away is meh stats wise, so just another waste of crew slot @ 1/5, he may be remotely useful when FF/FE but hes a complete waste of honor. Seeing as DB refuses to fix top 1k rewards there new Jelly Martok and they can go sit on a Cactus ....
    Giving away yet another instance of Dominion Dukat.... yey for the handful of people who didn't manage to FF him during the monthly giveaway and the last event weeks ago.
    On to the Galaxy part that is much beloved by people due to the tap on crono's and stockpiled items that you could use to lvl crew. I know people who still refuse to play galaxy events past there threshold even after 2 years of game play.
    Then there is the Yar situation , and the cherry on top of Rua'fo no being high bonus on skirmishes , and then retroactively correcting past skirmish announcements to be inline with this lunacy .... Results one of the lowest participation in an event.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Definitely a low participation event. I crafted a single item and am still sitting inside the top-2000, with just over 2 hours to go (despite starting the event 3 hours late and sleeping through at least 2 waves of shuttles the first two nights). On past hybrid events where I skipped the galaxy portion, I finished in the 2,500 - 5,000 range, so I am sitting much higher in the rankings than I anticipated.

This was to be expected when the ranked 4* reward is the same crew featured as the monthly freebie, and the ranked 5* reward has relatively weak stats in the most common skills.
  • Options
    No time plus FF threshold (w/ the help of the community) = threshold and out. Didn't even have to complete a single recipe. Not sure what to spend all my banked chrons on. If only I could convert it to honor to complete some 3/4 characters.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where did points land, was it really low participation? Lazy shuttles only and threshold and out for me, so I've got no idea what actual points were required to rank.

Frankly, I hope the event was a flop, between crappy crew (though for old players Dukat is good, let them have event crew, or let those that missed a month finish him), and DB's complete lack of player respect and quality control (yes, a little redundant, but both need to be called out) have earned them a stellar ranking on the poor monetary rewards chart.