Home The Bridge
Options

August 26th National Dog Day. DB, Where's Porthos?

With today August 26th being National Dog Day it could have been a fun way for DB to introduce a card many have been asking for some time into the game. We could have had Porthos added as a 1 or 2 star card. Would also be cool to see in the future a fun new collection involving pets of Star Trek.

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    gogfnvr0vctw.jpeg

Ah, I LOVE the dog holidays!
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB is likely holding Porthos to be a yearly avatar like the Targ and the Unicorn Dog (I know it isnt officially named unicorn dog but I call it that).
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    DB is likely holding Porthos to be a yearly avatar like the Targ and the Unicorn Dog (I know it isnt officially named unicorn dog but I call it that).

I think Porthos has better card value than a Targ as he was an actual crew/character on Enterprise.
  • Options
    Which one is the dog?😆🤣
  • Options

Na, you call it a horn dog.😆
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    [10F] Newt wrote: »

I think Porthos has better card value than a Targ as he was an actual crew/character on Enterprise.

I believe the Targ they used was in ST III so I don't think it was some random animal....
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down with a captain's avatar for the animals in the game. As a level-able character? That's really a bridge too far and is a lot more in the "silly" department than this game usually is.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm down with a captain's avatar for the animals in the game. As a level-able character? That's really a bridge too far and is a lot more in the "silly" department than this game usually is.

Thank you! I couldn’t possibly imagine Star Trek pet “crew” being anything more than a single-skill 1* crew that is immediate freezer fodder: Porthos would have DIP, Mirror Porthos would have SEC, HornDog would have SCI or MED, Kruge’s targ maybe would have COM.

Whatever they could end up being, it’s not worth the development time...Captain avatars are more than sufficient.
  • Options
    OK, not to be THAT GUY, but there was no Targ in ST3. That was a Dragonhound (only know that b/c of applying for the acting job)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    How bout a Vulcan Salar?
  • Options
    [SJ] Admiral Aki[SJ] Admiral Aki ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Is this just a US thing? There’s no such thing as “National Dog Day” over here in the UK.

From tomorrow (1st September) it’s Alzheimer’s Awareness month in the UK, perhaps that’s why Irumodic Syndrome Picard was released?
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this just a US thing? There’s no such thing as “National Dog Day” over here in the UK.

From tomorrow (1st September) it’s Alzheimer’s Awareness month in the UK, perhaps that’s why Irumodic Syndrome Picard was released?

The great folks across the pond on my Cairn Terrier pages sure new of the holiday. Of course we are all Cairn Terrier fanatics.....
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    OK, not to be THAT GUY, but there was no Targ in ST3. That was a Dragonhound (only know that b/c of applying for the acting job)

Wow. You lost out on that role to a muppet? That’s rough. I better work on my growling when I read for the new Star Trek show. 😇