Home The Bridge

Welcome back Shan!

Hi Shan-
Hope you had a good vacation. I'm sure you were missed, as it seemed in your absence things went downhill and many problems.
Please let us know what some of DBs plans are for....
1. Fixing the skirmish events for future plays and when we can see an updated video that WILL explain the rules clearly! What is bonus and not.
2. Update on shuttle bug issue. Many people still waiting to hear about that.
3. Having more QA so as not to repeat same rewards 2 weeks in a row in mega-events and also bugs in events.
Thanks and waiting to hear from you.

P.S. tell us about your trip if you can and some picts!😊🖖

Comments

• Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Really? You had to lay all that on her instantly? Sometimes when I get to work there is someone standing outside of my car waiting to lay some bs on me. You’re that guy

Nobody likes the work ambush.
  • edited August 2018
    Hi Shan-
    Hope you had a good vacation. I'm sure you were missed, as it seemed in your absence things went downhill and many problems.
    Please let us know what some of DBs plans are for....
    1. Fixing the skirmish events for future plays and when we can see an updated video that WILL explain the rules clearly! What is bonus and not.
    2. Update on shuttle bug issue. Many people still waiting to hear about that.
    3. Having more QA so as not to repeat same rewards 2 weeks in a row in mega-events and also bugs in events.
    Thanks and waiting to hear from you.

P.S. tell us about your trip if you can and some picts!😊🖖

Couldn't you actually wait until Shan does return tomorrow. Last i checked this was still the 27 with Shan due back on 28
    Shan's PSA: I will be unavailable from 08/16 until 08/27 included.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan was gone? Just kidding :tongue: Welcome back! And thanks to Riker filling in under less than ideal circumstances.
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Oh dear.

I often wonder why a person chose a certain username. Maybe not so much in this particular case.

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really think we can let her return and give her a chance to get a grip on things herself without posts like this needed
  • Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    Wow, rough crowd!

Does he really need to be told a dozen different ways that he made a mistake?
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Guest  wrote: »
    Wow, rough crowd!

Yes. Yes he does. <snip> ˜Shan
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Wow, rough crowd!

Yes. Yes he does. <snip> ˜Shan

At the end of the day, they are people and deserve respect. A snide, sarcastic, insincere "welcome back" message isn't something anyone deserves after returning from a week off.
    Wow, rough crowd!

Yes. Yes he does. And don’t sugar coat Riker. He did an awful job. Silenced us at every turn

At the end of the day, they are people and deserve respect. A snide, sarcastic, insincere "welcome back" message isn't something anyone deserves after returning from a week off.

People should not be made of crystal either
  • Usually, within a day of returning to work, it’ll happen. The specifics of it doesn’t matter. But whatever it is, it will make you feel like you never left in the first place.

Now, if you have an awesome job, that might be a great feeling...

But for the majority of us... well.
  • edited August 2018
    Wow, rough crowd!

Yes. Yes he does. And don’t sugar coat Riker. He did an awful job. Silenced us at every turn

Okay everyone hold the phone, before any more people get rialed up and accuse me of being "snide, sarcastic, & insincere", first off I was being sincere in welcoming Shan back since she does listen to us players and how sorely she was missed during the fiascos that happened in her absence. Maybe she still read posts to see how things were going? but if it were me, I wouldn't have even log on here
    I admit that maybe my timing was off a bit, but I trying to give her a heads up about how many of us were dissatisfied with the representation of Riker and his lack of communication.
    I'll further submit that Riker DID some things to please people(to put very mildly) like changing the rewards last event when they first repeated Dukat from the week before and then changed to the monthly reward Keevan, which everyone and their brother already had. But with Rufee and Yargate in this last M.E., it sucked the thrill and fun out the whole event and with Shan gone it seemed more of an uphill battle dealing with Riker to get some answers and results.
    I know she'll have a lot to deal with upon her return, so in the meantime I'll wait patiently for her to get to the bottom of things, find out what went wrong, and give us some answers when the dust clears and still hope she'll post about her va-ca.
    Elynduil wrote: »
    Well, I guess the worst is thing we could do is to bait her with a “Welcome Back, Shan” thread, and then when she opens it, she is greeted by all of us sniping at each other... :smirk:

So let’s all chill out and not repeat criticisms that have already been aired.

That is solid advice. I am humbled by it

Shan wrote: »
    Thanks for the intent ;)
    Cross posting what I said in the take 2 thread:
    Thanks everyone :)
    Catching up on things of course.
    I am appreciative of the fact that forums remained mostly civil, thank you very much.

Thank you DealWithItJazzRiker for handling things while I was away :)

Y'all, I know it has been rough.
    The goal is of course to improve on things, like often in situations like these, there are unfortunately regressions. So I hope that the coming weeks will show that we are working on it!

DealWithItJazzRiker and myself will continue to be your advocates, thank you for being part of our community.

I hope there will not be a need to close this thread, thank you in advance :)

Ha! You came back refreshed. Good stuff!
  • edited August 2018
    Hey Shan- any updates or news to my original querys at the beginning of this post? Especially #3 with regard to the event this next weekend of the 6th-10th?
    Hey Shan- any updates or news to my original querys at the beginning of this post? Especially #3 with regard to the event this next weekend of the 6th-10th?

You really live up to your name

• Banjo1012 wrote: »

Like you have said before, we won't be silenced, ignored, or put on the back burner.

Like you have said before, we won't be silenced, ignored, or put on the back burner.

Yeah ya got me. I did say that. Good response for I now have been silenced

• Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

There is a time and a place for all things. Welcoming someone back from vacation and then back-handing them with a dueling glove, asking for a bunch of stuff that is unreasonable to ask on the day before they even get back...the place for that is not here.

Most, if not all, of us want answers to recent (and not so recent) problems. Most of us are also able to be polite for more than one sentence at a time.
  • edited September 2018
    Give us an update on those problems Shan!!
    Still waiting..