Home Ready Room
Options

VIP bonus crew

If / when I get to VIP lvl 6 soon, it says I'll get 35 extra crew slots. Is that actually true?
Hurry up before those things eat Guy!

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    At VIP 6 a player has a total of 35 extra slots. 10 are gained at VIP 2, 10 at VIP 4 and 15 at VIP 6...

Crew slot chart on the wiki...
    https://stt.wiki/wiki/Crew#Crew_Capacity

Thank you! Thought that was a little generous. TGTBT lol.

Just saw they start new players with 60 crew slots. 60!!!! Unless my memory is worse than I think it is, we got 10 slots to start in 2016. And it wasn't easy getting those 10.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    New players now start with 70 slots IIRC and you can get up to 80 with the two tiers of credit purchases...
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    New players now start with 70 slots IIRC and you can get up to 80 with the two tiers of credit purchases...
    Older players ought to get extra base slots added, then.

Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shy Khan wrote: »

You did. That represents all the "free slots" we have been given over time.

Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    Shy Khan wrote: »

You did. That represents all the "free slots" we have been given over time.

How long have new players been receiving 70 slots, though? If it predates any of the slot giveaways, then the free slots aren’t compensation.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    IrialIrial ✭✭✭✭
    Each time all existing players had their number of slots increased by 5, the starting amount provided to a new player went up by 5 at the same time.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    I understand DB wanting to give new players some help, but there's a wrongness to giving them that many crew slots to start. I hate coming off sounding like, "That's not fair," but frankly its not. Give them 20 to start, fine, but 70? That's a slap in the face to those of us who had none of the advantages they do now, two years ago; and had to grind everything out at first, with much difficulty. Kinda miffed, lol.
  • Options
    Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I understand DB wanting to give new players some help, but there's a wrongness to giving them that many crew slots to start. I hate coming off sounding like, "That's not fair," but frankly its not. Give them 20 to start, fine, but 70? That's a slap in the face to those of us who had none of the advantages they do now, two years ago; and had to grind everything out at first, with much difficulty. Kinda miffed, lol.

I can understand your feelings, but without changing the starting phase to accelerate progress, newer players would never have any potential to catch up to veterans. It would be very difficult to catch up enough to even rank for ultra-rares in events, never mind top 1k which would potentially forever stay out of reach without half the top 1000 potential players quitting the game.

Also, more crew are needed now just to send out voyages since they were introduced as well as fill shuttle seats. Without more slots, F2P would be unreasonably slow progress.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭

I can understand your feelings, but without changing the starting phase to accelerate progress, newer players would never have any potential to catch up to veterans. It would be very difficult to catch up enough to even rank for ultra-rares in events, never mind top 1k which would potentially forever stay out of reach without half the top 1000 potential players quitting the game.

Also, more crew are needed now just to send out voyages since they were introduced as well as fill shuttle seats. Without more slots, F2P would be unreasonably slow progress.

But isn't this issue more to do with when a player joins when the game is already far down the self life? Not to mention the many and various bottlenecks imposed by the ingame dynamics, which isn't exclusive to crew slots. New players can only work on a few cards at a time and this would apply probably to many seasoned or vet players alike.

Limited slots are an annoyance to me but sometimes (and perhaps) a blessing in disguise.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    I've got 180 slots, and I still have to airlock somebody regularly.
  • Options
    al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Captain level could be a good solution for future free slots. Just as long as it's not higher than 40 - by 40 you usually ARE veteran and usually do need all the slots you can get.

And on other hand there was not that many crew initially, while now there are quite more. It's harder to get needed crew now - so more slots make waiting game palatable. And newbies would usually get 1-2 stars on 4* characters and just making airlock them is just asking them to drop the game.