Home The Bridge
Options

What Do You Do During Skirmishes?

PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Bridge
Derr, I dun goofed! I was trying to submit an error to Engineering, but I must have started this discussion on the wrong Chrome tab!

As these threads cannot be deleted... what do you do to pass the time during Skirmishes?

I marathon TV shows. I originally went through the TNG Remasters (hadn't seen them before - they look fantastic on the big screen! Can clearly see Tasha's mustache in Yesterday's Enterprise), but in the last event I tried Frasier, and it worked much better. Plenty of Trek people about, and can easily use the episode length to schedule ad warps!

Comments

• Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mostly play at work, and in the case of skirmishes since it doesn't really lose you that much to let intel sit idle until later, I do it all Friday and Monday, since on the weekend I could be doing something else, but at work eh what else is there to do, might as well just sit there and grind through battle after battle (honestly the 'grind' in skirmishes doesn't bother me too much). So tv's not an option, in answer to your question, what I'm doing is just trying to look like I'm totally working on something important in case somebody walks into the shop and sees me staring at the screen clicking away at attack buttons.
  • Options
    I can‘t play at work, but skirmish is good for cleaning 🙂. I do the clothes, dishes and then of course tv shows. ✌️
  • Options
    Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    The last Skirmish event I just hit threshold then did something more entertaining, like housework, painting (and watching it dry), that sort of thing.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Options
    Skirmishes are a good opportunity to build up your stock/inventory for G.E.s, so I'll get more Intel by doing the battles.
    But yes, like everyone else I got to "TCOB" and sleep.
  • Options
    PenguinJimPenguinJim ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    The last Skirmish event I just hit threshold then did something more entertaining, like housework, painting (and watching it dry), that sort of thing.

Jim

Huh. I didn't think anyone needed to give Skirmish battles their full attention. I think I would find that extremely boring, too!

Jim
  • Options
    Anything that takes my mind off of the painful, repetitive screen tapping.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hear sitting at a poker table is the way to go.

That works.

Next up on my list are watching some college/nfl football, hopefully those seasons are started by the time we get to the next skirmish.

Maybe they could even make a faction/skirmish hybrid so it’s only two days of boredom in the future.

• Options
    I watch something like documentaries or a movie.

During the last skirmish I got through some on ancient Egypt and the cataclysms at the end of the last Ice Age. Interesting stuff!
  • Options
    This last one I binged a bunch of Joe Rogan and Neil deGrasse Tyson on YouTube.
  • Options
    I find starting the event on the Thursday difficult but once I can seat down and play I,m fine. I have the TV on in the in the back ground. I find it is a good event to stock up on items
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    On Thursdays, Fridays, and Mondays I will do them while working. On the weekends, I will probably do it while binge-watching a show if I do it at all. Of course, now that I have finished all of the Star Trek series I would have to play while watching the movies.
  • Options
    [10F] Belle'Anna [10F] Belle'Anna ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I just watch Netflix, in between cooking, cleaning and whatnot. You can spam quite a lot without thinking too hard. Last event I was just pushing three buttons and heading off to peel potatoes come back, do the buttons, cut the carrots. You can run amd entire skirmish during cigarette breaks, several on the toilet, a few more before bed, first skirmish I had a long train journey, so two hours each way then (except where reception drops out), waiting for my partner to finish her appointment, an hour there, just do it in between things really.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I watched TV mostly... Catching up on shows I missed when my daughter was born and for her first year or so... Major Crimes was on the docket last event. Probably do some more Marvel shows next..