Home The Bridge
Options

Ad-warp changes?

WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
I was wondering if anybody else has noticed changes in the behavior of ad-warps since the update yesterday, or if I'm just experiencing some sort of glitch?

Normally when I do a scan and get the option to run another scan using an ad-warp, I instead use that ad-warp to run an expensive mission. However, since the update I've had the ad-warp appear after scans twice, and have not been able to use it on a mission. I was only able to use that particular ad-warp to run an extra scan.

Am I the only one to come across this behavior? Should I be reporting this in the Engineering Room?

Comments

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have not experienced this, and I run a lot of adwarps. There is a thread in the engineering room for adwarp issues, I'm sure they'll merge the thread if necessary ☺
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    I've had numerous issues recently but not this one. Yes, the Engineering thread would be the best place for this
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    I've only had it occur once where it was only available as a scan.
    I've run probably 20 or so ad-warps since without any issue.
    Hopefully just a glitch and not a new "Feature".
  • Options
    I had this happen only once as well. In the past it appeared to me that the adwarps were "linked" between additional scans, extra chronitons, and missions (if you use it on one, you cannot immediately use it on another...you must wait). In my case, I wasn't expecting to get the option to use the ad-warp for the scan because I had recently used one for a mission and, for a brief moment, I thought they lifted the cap (waiting period to use it again). However, I was incorrect, it only allowed me to scan.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I stopped running ad-warps until some of the recent issues have been addresssed. That being said, the orange icon still moves from the scan button to the daily rewards screen and back as it always has for me.
  • Options
    No change here. I try to run adwarps every 30 minutes.
  • Options
    I had it happen once to me today as well.
  • Options
    Althea BiermontAlthea Biermont ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only change I've had is they have gone away entirely. Customer Service wanted me to uninstall and reinstall to see if it fixed an issue. All it did was completely eliminate ad warps (over a week now)
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same issue as the OP right after the update. Everything has been back to normal since then.
  • Options
    garnergarner ✭✭✭
    Not had any ad warps in weeks.
  • Options
    ZaphricZaphric ✭✭
    edited August 2018
    The only change I've had is they have gone away entirely. Customer Service wanted me to uninstall and reinstall to see if it fixed an issue. All it did was completely eliminate ad warps (over a week now)

I had the same problem, had to reset the Google ad id to fix it.

On my Android device I had to do this:
    Settings
    Google Services
    Ads
    Reset Advertising ID
  • Options
    elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    Thanks, I wish I'd known about this a year ago.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zaphric wrote: »

I had the same problem, had to reset the Google ad id to fix it.

On my Android device I had to do this:
    Settings
    Google Services
    Ads
    Reset Advertising ID

Well huh. I went through a long dry spell, and it started working again. Never knew why. Had I thought of this, I'd have tried it, but it is a good idea.
  • Options
    FlemmingFlemming ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just once last night, but now working as normal.
    Intentionally Left Blank
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Recently I’ve experienced quite often that I’ll run an adwarp only to be taken back to the game after the ad and nothing has happened. When I click on it the second time it will give me rewards.

And no, I didn’t click somewhere to end the ad early.
  • Options
    I've had ad-warps sticking as well; esp. after a scan.
  • Options
    Also had this happen.
  • Options
    The Scan, and free chronitons can activate the ad a few minutes before the 30 mins have past.

Just wait the full 30 mins, and the ad can be used for a warp as usual.
  • Options
    Same here, having ad-scan sticking after a normal scan. Go to run an ad-warp, no ad to run. Game restart clears it.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here, having ad-scan sticking after a normal scan. Go to run an ad-warp, no ad to run. Game restart clears it.

Thanks for the info on clearing it.
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    I have the camera symbol in the corner of scans but i cant adwarp a mission, indeed since yesterday/today probably from 00:00 31 aug etc, so another downer :( but a restart indeed fixes it; would be exponentially nice if i dont have to restart every single adwarp well see what today brings
  • Options
    Yes, it started a couple days ago for me as well. It also happens if you claim your chron boost when there is an ad-warp within the time, then try to switch to a mission.

I DID notice a way around it is to do a small mission after you have done you scan or chron boost, then the next screen will have the ad-warp available again. I only got to do this once so far.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...