Home Make It So!
Options

Replication

KTzKTz ✭✭✭
Please make a way so I can replicate whatever I want not only the crew quarter items.
For example I do not have what to level up, I have over 400 immortalized and I want to replicate daily.
Thank you in advance and please listen to us more often.

Comments

• Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    How would you pick? A catalog of items? Also why would you want to replicate things you don't currently need? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    How would you pick? A catalog of items? Also why would you want to replicate things you don't currently need? Doesn't that sort of defeat the purpose?

There are things I often need like Medical Experiments that I can only get from shuttle missions. While I don't need one now if I could replicate some to have saved up then when I get new crew or get a current crew leveled to a certain point I'll already have the Medical Experiment I need. I don't think replicating things you don't currently need defeats the purpose at all.
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    muwoo wrote: »

There are things I often need like Medical Experiments that I can only get from shuttle missions. While I don't need one now if I could replicate some to have saved up then when I get new crew or get a current crew leveled to a certain point I'll already have the Medical Experiment I need. I don't think replicating things you don't currently need defeats the purpose at all.

That's true, I farm medical experiments every Tuesday and Thursday in the cadet missions, but if I'm replicating something - which by the way eats up my credits like nothing else - then I'm only going to do it as a last resort. Or when holoprograms or science experiments are involved! Am I the only one?

EDIT: I should put this another way - When I replicate, I'm not replicating a SINGLE holoprogram or medical experiment. I'm doing the entire 3*, 4*, or 5* item. Easier than doing 12 holoprograms! So it wouldn't make sense from that perspective to have the 0* or even 2* items lying around.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

That's true, I farm medical experiments every Tuesday and Thursday in the cadet missions, but if I'm replicating something - which by the way eats up my credits like nothing else - then I'm only going to do it as a last resort. Or when holoprograms or science experiments are involved! Am I the only one?

EDIT: I should put this another way - When I replicate, I'm not replicating a SINGLE holoprogram or medical experiment. I'm doing the entire 3*, 4*, or 5* item. Easier than doing 12 holoprograms! So it wouldn't make sense from that perspective to have the 0* or even 2* items lying around.

...unless you’re trying to not bankrupt yourself with profligate credits spending.

I, for one, try to limit replications to 2* items or below. 3* champagne will always be replicated and I will replicate 3* science experiments as well when I have a good credits supply. I’ll only break down and do 4* or 5* items when it would be too onerous to acquire a litany of hard-to-get components. I got to this point because I almost ran out of credits trying to do as you do, only replicating 3* items and above. Sure, I have the max number of replicator uses per day...but how many people only have 3 or less and still can afford to spend 100,000-750,000 credits per day on replications?
  • Options

...unless you’re trying to not bankrupt yourself with profligate credits spending.

I, for one, try to limit replications to 2* items or below. 3* champagne will always be replicated and I will replicate 3* science experiments as well when I have a good credits supply. I’ll only break down and do 4* or 5* items when it would be too onerous to acquire a litany of hard-to-get components. I got to this point because I almost ran out of credits trying to do as you do, only replicating 3* items and above. Sure, I have the max number of replicator uses per day...but how many people only have 3 or less and still can afford to spend 100,000-750,000 credits per day on replications?

I got credits to burn. My biggest hurdle is usually my 7 replications per day. I often find myself waiting for the new day to lapse so I can replicate again.

I try to avoid replicating 5* at all costs. Usually you can replicate the 4* inside the 5* item and farm the rest. But sometimes you get those 5* items that have like FOUR 4* items inside them. I gotta replicate that stuff! Come on!
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often find myself forgetting to use my replications each day, but when I do remember I have a few crew I've left purposely only leveled to a certain point where they have an item that needs faction only things like basic Holoprograms, Ancient Films, Med experiments, etc. and use my replications up on those. For instance I kept a 3* Keevan around during the mega and used it so I could replicate dominion padds and have them on hand when needed.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I often find myself forgetting to use my replications each day, but when I do remember I have a few crew I've left purposely only leveled to a certain point where they have an item that needs faction only things like basic Holoprograms, Ancient Films, Med experiments, etc. and use my replications up on those. For instance I kept a 3* Keevan around during the mega and used it so I could replicate dominion padds and have them on hand when needed.

I'm in the same boat. For the most part, my entire roster is FE, so I have to make a point of it to replicate stuff, just to max out my 7 uses for each day. But the few crew I keep unleveled don't always have the item I need/want to replicate, so I agree that being able to choose what to replicate would be great. For example, I'd do a ton of 2* Science Experiments, just to build those up.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    I guess DB's response to that would be to kindly point you toward the shuttle missions. But yea, I know how you feel.

Today I wasted 3 of my 6 ex-astris-scientia cadet missions to get a single 0* holoprogram, when I could have just replicated it. I just didn't want to waste a replicator trip on something I could, with a little luck, have gotten.

If it's going to be 4 of them, like in that champagne, forget it! Replicator city.