Home Ready Room

Drunk Commander Troi

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
At 1/5:
DIP 670+(211–421) / SEC 158+(203–253) / MED 379+(142–281)

Pulled her in the Tuesday pack... stats are terrible at 1/5, and even at multiple stars. I feel like this is one that would just take up a crew slot and never be used.

I want to junk her. What do you think?

Comments

• AntasilAntasil ✭✭✭✭
    Many versions of the main cast have low stats. Their best value is for events where that character features.

What is your reason to dump her? Not enough crew slots? Not enough resources to level?
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Antasil wrote: »
    Many versions of the main cast have low stats. Their best value is for events where that character features.

What is your reason to dump her? Not enough crew slots? Not enough resources to level?

Not a question of slots or resources, a question of necessity.

Let's say hypothetically she's featured in an event. It would have to be a faction event, because I already have versions of her with higher base scores in every skill. A faction event would be the ONLY way she would be of any use. So let's assume that happens two or even three times in a year. She's popular enough for that, right? That still means I'm keeping her around just in case that happens.

The card has terrible base stats, terrible proficiency, and I'm not even a fan of that art. Not with Mirror Inquisitor around. ;) The point is, I would only keep this card around to one day immortalize it. And given how many legendaries there are, and the infrequency of begolds, I probably never would. So at the end of the day I'm just sacrificing a crew slot and some resources.
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Agreed with Antasil, while I understand frustration at using up a slot for a low stat character, it's up to you if you feel you've got Deanna Troi crew covered for an event where she's featured. I would feel the same dilemma myself as I'm primarily a monthly card player, so don't have a large number of slots.

to help you with your decision have a look at her writeup on this link compared to other legendaries you've got:
    https://old.reddit.com/r/StarTrekTimelines/comments/9222um/the_big_book_of_behold_advice/

she's got the same number of potential event variants as Enterprise E picard for example (7 events), but has higher base DIP than him and has Med secondary so is less common of a stat combo for shuttle seats. She'd probably only ever be used in events.
    You know to be honest at this point I almost dread getting legendary characters. At least with the super-rares there's a higher chance of immortalizing them and getting them into storage. Worst case, the citations are cheaper.
  • You know to be honest at this point I almost dread getting legendary characters. At least with the super-rares there's a higher chance of immortalizing them and getting them into storage. Worst case, the citations are cheaper.

I hear you on that, a lot of people say never airlock a legendary, but I have a feeling those people spend more money than I do (and have a lot more slots), and have some legendaries frozen already. The only ones I've got immortalized so far are event crew from within 2018, so there's no power creep going on for me.
    I have 195 crew slots, and my active crew sits around 180, so that I can pull as needed for events. 81 of those are legendaries, only nine of whom are immortal. It's not exactly overstuffed, but there are a lot of these that I FE'd but will probably never use. Noonien Soong, for example.
  • Capt. ChaosCapt. Chaos ✭✭✭✭✭
    She's on a voyage for me right now, but yeah, she's underpowered.
    Legendaries I don't think I've ever used:
    Dark Ages McCoy
    Noonien Soong
    Mirror Bashir
    Frank Hollander Data
    1701 Sisko
    Grand Nagus Zek
    Admiral Kirk (sadly)
    Bashir, Julian Bashir
    Dancing Uhura
  • I have her 1/5 lvl100 FE and I perfectly understand you, @GhostStalker.
    I'm almost getting rid of all my 1/5 crew, including her.
  • Legendaries I don't think I've ever used:
    Dark Ages McCoy
    Noonien Soong
    Mirror Bashir
    Frank Hollander Data
    1701 Sisko
    Grand Nagus Zek
    Admiral Kirk (sadly)
    Bashir, Julian Bashir
    Dancing Uhura

Admiral Kirk?? he's the second best base dip (shuttle) in the game! I'm going to assume it's because you have him 1/5, but surely he's still getting use in kirk events at least.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Ages McCoy
    Noonien Soong
    Mirror Bashir
    Frank Hollander Data
    1701 Sisko
    Grand Nagus Zek
    Admiral Kirk (sadly)
    Bashir, Julian Bashir
    Dancing Uhura

You may have never used them, but they nearly all happen to be main cast crew so they have plenty of use in events (e.g. Mirror Bashir this coming weekend).

On top of that, some of them are event specific crew ... so you actually have a decent chance to add stars (should the even be re-run).

How have you never used Admiral Kirk, with a base DIP of near 1000?!? (starbase bonuses included for me, +12%) ... I only have 2 5*s who top that (though I only have 34 and not 81 like you ... and I freeze my immortalised 4*s) ... but according to the wiki he has the second highest base DIP for 5*s.

Anyway, personally I think it is a waste to airlock someone you don't have ... you spent money on the game to buy the pack and you're basically tossing it away.
    But hey to each their own, toss away if you feel you can't use that Troi.

The lesson from this should be; think before you spend next time ... I mean your other 5* options were Captain Scott (an oddity as a 1-skill 5*) and General Chang (a mediocre COM/DIP/SEC crew) which are arguably both WORSE than the Troi you got, so you can count your blessings in that regard. :)
    To top it off, the 4*s are even worse than the 5*s ... you got the best of the 6 featured cards by far.
    edited August 2018
    Believe me, I understand how bad I look right now trying to imply that the awesome Admiral Kirk isn't worth using, but yea, 1/5. Here's my current DIP base roster:

5tvn14lyi3tf.jpg

To his credit, that Dahar Master Kang and Dancing Uhura under him are both 2/5 and he's still way above them. The one in the middle is Darth Bashir.

Also, it really does disappoint me that my highest base DIP is a MED primary. I can't wait to get a few more stars on Zhiantara Odo.
  • Due to a run of luck(?) I recently fffe'd Drunk Troi. My first legendary non-mega immortal, btw. At 5/5, she's a regular in voyages and/or shuttles. Unfortunately, she has the same stat categories as Darth Bashir, Prisoner Cornwell and Guinan, so she's not as critical to me as her stats indicate. But this is a reminder, that those 1/5s occasionally become 2/5s or 3/5. and when you hit 4/5, you can DYC to 5/5. Vote for not useless, if you have the crew quarters.
    edited August 2018
    RaraRacing wrote: »
    Dark Ages McCoy
    Noonien Soong
    Mirror Bashir
    Frank Hollander Data
    1701 Sisko
    Grand Nagus Zek
    Admiral Kirk (sadly)
    Bashir, Julian Bashir
    Dancing Uhura

You may have never used them, but they nearly all happen to be main cast crew so they have plenty of use in events (e.g. Mirror Bashir this coming weekend).

On top of that, some of them are event specific crew ... so you actually have a decent chance to add stars (should the even be re-run).

How have you never used Admiral Kirk, with a base DIP of near 1000?!? (starbase bonuses included for me, +12%) ... I only have 2 5*s who top that (though I only have 34 and not 81 like you ... and I freeze my immortalised 4*s) ... but according to the wiki he has the second highest base DIP for 5*s.

Anyway, personally I think it is a waste to airlock someone you don't have ... you spent money on the game to buy the pack and you're basically tossing it away.
    But hey to each their own, toss away if you feel you can't use that Troi.

The lesson from this should be; think before you spend next time ... I mean your other 5* options were Captain Scott (an oddity as a 1-skill 5*) and General Chang (a mediocre COM/DIP/SEC crew) which are arguably both WORSE than the Troi you got, so you can count your blessings in that regard. :)
    To top it off, the 4*s are even worse than the 5*s ... you got the best of the 6 featured cards by far.

I also airlocked Abe Lincoln, you gonna call me unpatriotic too? If I only bought packs with characters that I definitely wanted, I'd never buy packs. And in fact I got Irumodic Syndrome Picard in the other packs I bought yesterday, so overall I'm very happy with the results. For me, sadly, an ever-increasing number of packs are resulting in 100% airlock. Which is why I'm buying less packs. One thing though - I really don't need to be told to "think before I spend," but thank you anyway.
    Roland 359 wrote: »
    Due to a run of luck(?) I recently fffe'd Drunk Troi. My first legendary non-mega immortal, btw. At 5/5, she's a regular in voyages and/or shuttles. Unfortunately, she has the same stat categories as Darth Bashir, Prisoner Cornwell and Guinan, so she's not as critical to me as her stats indicate. But this is a reminder, that those 1/5s occasionally become 2/5s or 3/5. and when you hit 4/5, you can DYC to 5/5. Vote for not useless, if you have the crew quarters.

Yea, I was trying to justify it by saying I'd keep her until she got more stars, but in almost two years of playing, this is the first time I've seen her. And I'm buying less packs than I used to, so I might never get her up high enough to be useful. To be honest I never do the DYC, to me that's just too much money to ask.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    As a side note ... the next Faction event re-run will probably feature Troi (next up is Children of Apollo 2 if they decide not to run Season of Love a third time (wrong Troi)).

I'll just let your other comments slide ...
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Ages McCoy
    Noonien Soong
    Mirror Bashir
    Frank Hollander Data
    1701 Sisko
    Grand Nagus Zek
    Admiral Kirk (sadly)
    Bashir, Julian Bashir
    Dancing Uhura

I used to use Soong a lot in the gauntlet, before getting better crew. I even used him on a few shuttles but with recent SCI crew additions he is worthless at 3/5* except possibly for a SCI/ENG voyage with a trait match.

I once used 1701 Sisko and 007 Bashir in the gauntlet, with terrible results. They do not go on voyages at 1/5*.

I have put Mirror Bashir into ENG gauntlets with trait matches and done well. He slips into a rare voyage as well, even with only two skills at 1/5*.

Admiral Kirk at 1/5* would rarely go in a voyage or on shuttles during a Kirk event or while my top COM/DIP crew are on voyages. I just lucked into a second star last week, so far with not much of an effect. Before Professor Sato showed up my plan was to put a fifth star on Arachnia and then cite either Admiral Kirk or Senator Vreenak to 5/5*...now, I might focus on citing someone else.
    You know in all honesty I left out possibly the most important piece of information - WHEN I got each card. If you're a new player, any one of them would be a great addition. But if you've got 10 (and even more frozen) higher diplomats when you pop Admiral Kirk, he won't be as helpful at 1/5.

Obviously I was wrong, in that I'm sure I've used the characters during their respective events, if they occurred after I got the card. I should have clarified that characters like Admiral Kirk or Dark Ages McCoy don't see ACTIVE use in shuttles, gauntlet, or voyages. However, I'm sure if they come up in an event, they'll be helpful.
  • t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I mean, MOST crew stink (really DB "stuck" -t is censored?!?!) at 1/5 these days due to stat inflation, stuff like the mentioned 1701 Sisko, Dancing Uhura, Hollander Data, and Mirror Bashir at high stars are very useful cards, despite age and power creep, my immortal 1701 sisko is nearly dual 1100s.

Also, Admiral Kirk mentioned above is the #3 Dip base in the game.....

edited August 2018
    I mean, MOST crew stink (really DB "stuck" -t is censored?!?!) at 1/5 these days due to stat inflation, stuff like the mentioned 1701 Sisko, Dancing Uhura, Hollander Data, and Mirror Bashir at high stars are very useful cards, despite age and power creep, my immortal 1701 sisko is nearly dual 1100s.

AT higher star levels. If you noticed my screenshot above, he's pretty much buried in my deck. And now with Sato, he's even lower. And as you can see, I have Zhiantara Odo as well. Someday, I'll star Kirk up. I love him. William Shatner in Star Trek II was a pivotal part of my childhood!

Meanwhile, I realize I shouldn't have put Mirror Bashir on that list. Not before this event, anyway. Makes me look like a dum-dum.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

AT higher star levels. If you noticed my screenshot above, he's pretty much buried in my deck. And now with Sato, he's even lower. And as you can see, I have Zhiantara Odo as well. Someday, I'll star Kirk up. I love him. William Shatner in Star Trek II was a pivotal part of my childhood!

Meanwhile, I realize I shouldn't have put Mirror Bashir on that list. Not before this event, anyway. Makes me look like a dum-dum.

I wouldn’t feel bad about Mirror Bashir’s inclusion on that list. I haven’t sent him on a single shuttle yet today because my 4/4* Mirror Mayweather is higher up on the SEC/ENG list than a 1/5* Mirror Bashir. Once upon a time it might have been safe to say that 1/5* or 2/5* crew were on par with immortalized 4* crew but power creep has affected crew of both rarity levels.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t know about at 1/5 but immortalized Dark Ages McCoy is voyage gold. With good starbase stat boost all three of his skills are over 1000
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am VIP0 and have 90 crew slots. Nearly half of them are legendary. I am at the point of airlocked 1/5s if the stats aren't worth it (unless it's a crew a really want)
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266