Home The Bridge
Options

Gauntlet Rant

2»

Comments

• Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry that happened to you, I've considered posting something similar in this thread like 12 times recently, but I'm always so angry I stop myself. You have my sympathy.
  • Options
    GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another night where I did just a little too well and only got 3 chests instead of 7.

Caretaker came out February 27th. That's over 7 months ago. I'm pretty sure I had two or three Guinans in 7 months. Still no Caretaker. I've given up.
  • Options
    Another night where I did just a little too well and only got 3 chests instead of 7.

Caretaker came out February 27th. That's over 7 months ago. I'm pretty sure I had two or three Guinans in 7 months. Still no Caretaker. I've given up.

Your not alone, i have also given up, but then it doesnt really matter to me as gauntlet is the lowest of my game priorities, spining the dabo wheel is more important to me than gauntlet...
  • Options
    I've gotten a caretaker on a 3 streak, 15 streak, and top 5 reward chest.

I always shoot for the top 5, even though it's fewer chests. I've gotten tons of 4* and several 5* gear out of those that would have cost me hundreds or thousands of chron to build.
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I can’t even get to a streak of 3 anymore without running into a wall of Suraks or Caretakers.

They should really introduce different “leagues” in the gauntlet.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I see people with Caretakers so I'm forced to conclude it is somehow possible to acquire one, but I am at a loss to to how this is actually accomplished. I do Gauntlet because it is something to do, but I have zero expectations of being treated fairly in there, and that is not just limited to always getting bad rewards, the RNG that governs the battles and crit rolls is also nothing I would classify as fair. When you can strut into a battle with a 45% crit chance and comparable stats and get out crit'd by a crew with 5% chance regularly, it becomes impossible to maintain a sense that the Gauntlet is something to be taken seriously.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    the RNG that governs the battles and crit rolls is also nothing I would classify as fair. When you can strut into a battle with a 45% crit chance and comparable stats and get out crit'd by a crew with 5% chance regularly, it becomes impossible to maintain a sense that the Gauntlet is something to be taken seriously.

Do you have any statistics to back this claim?
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    ByloBand wrote: »
    the RNG that governs the battles and crit rolls is also nothing I would classify as fair. When you can strut into a battle with a 45% crit chance and comparable stats and get out crit'd by a crew with 5% chance regularly, it becomes impossible to maintain a sense that the Gauntlet is something to be taken seriously.

Do you have any statistics to back this claim?

That’s a fair point. I don’t have any myself but do recognize what Byloband is saying. I have a chancellor Gowron who seems to lose 9/10 match-ups even if his stats and Crit are higher. But maybe that’s just the bias of remembering the losses more than the wins.

I’ll see if I can gather the strength to start collecting data on my gauntlet matches.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I just usually commit suicide-by-Surak, sacrificing some lesser being to his god-like stats. I'm one of those sorry souls who doesn't have him FE yet.
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    Dr. Creon (¥SA)Dr. Creon (¥SA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I just usually commit suicide-by-Surak, sacrificing some lesser being to his god-like stats. I'm one of those sorry souls who doesn't have him FF yet.

Having him (or any crew) FF doesn't matter in the gauntlet. Gauntlet is dependent on the proficiency value (the numbers in the parentheses). What matters is having them leveled to 100 and FE...fully equipped. The only other thing that adds to that is starbase and personal bonuses that are added to the proficiency value.
  • Options
    Wildstar19Wildstar19 ✭✭✭✭
    I just usually commit suicide-by-Surak, sacrificing some lesser being to his god-like stats. I'm one of those sorry souls who doesn't have him FF yet.

Having him (or any crew) FF doesn't matter in the gauntlet. Gauntlet is dependent on the proficiency value (the numbers in the parentheses). What matters is having them leveled to 100 and FE...fully equipped. The only other thing that adds to that is starbase and personal bonuses that are added to the proficiency value.

Corrected: FE. Not everyone gets the lingo right...right?
    Hurry up before those things eat Guy!
  • Options
    My intention was not to upset you. Based on your post it appeared that you thought, as many have, that having a crew card fully fused is required to get better scores for the gauntlet. I humbly apologize.