Home The Bridge
Options

Who will be the first F2P with a 20 hour voyage?

AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in The Bridge
The top F2P players are likely hitting 9 hours and maybe even 10. We now have 3 revive tokens. There are enough achievements that someone might have done a 20 hour voyage already. But if not, who will be the first?

Can anyone claim victory already?

Comments

• Options
    I would like to be the one, but if we're going by 2600 AM as the requirement to pass all fails during a 2-hour period, I think us F2P'ers are short 3 tokens at the moment.

That's just off the top of my head. Does anyone have the correct math to calculate the AM requirement per 2-hour period?

In the immortal words of Spock: "Live long and prosper"
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you're going with all tokens I agree you need another 3. Maybe you could do it with 5 if you had all trait matches and good enough stats to hit 9 hours before the first recall.

If you used DIL for the first 3 revives, it would probably be about 400 DIL and the 3 tokens. So a single crew achievement would be enough.

But my main point was, it's suddenly conceivable as an option without dropping 1k+ DIL to do it.

Although even that 1k DIL is achievable with crew achievements, so it's possible someone has already done it.
  • Options
    Sounds reasonable @AviTrek , but I think I'll keep saving my achievements dils for the inevitable crew slot sale! ;)

I didn't realize the first 3 refills worked out to be only 400 dils... That's good to know, thanks!
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given collections and immortal dilithium rewards it is entirely possible that a F2P has already accomplished this. It costs about 1000 dilithium (and probably significantly less if you use a token for the final revive) if i am not mistaken.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Given collections and immortal dilithium rewards it is entirely possible that a F2P has already accomplished this. It costs about 1000 dilithium (and probably significantly less if you use a token for the final revive) if i am not mistaken.

Given the finite nature of F2P DIL, I would be surprised if one of them burned it on something like that. Most F2Ps that would be capable of getting there did so through patience and that just doesn't strike me as something they'd be too likely to do.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Given the finite nature of F2P DIL, I would be surprised if one of them burned it on something like that. Most F2Ps that would be capable of getting there did so through patience and that just doesn't strike me as something they'd be too likely to do.

Agreed. Shuttles 3 and 4 would be a much wiser investment
  • Options
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

Agreed. Shuttles 3 and 4 would be a much wiser investment

Shuttles, followed by Crew Slots during a Crew Slot Sale.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think this is much of stretch for f2p. A 6-refill voyage is only about ~1200 AM. You can get that from just one collection plus the tokens or any random DIL you have leftover.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I don't think this is much of stretch for f2p. A 6-refill voyage is only about ~1200 AM. You can get that from just one collection plus the tokens or any random DIL you have leftover.

Oh, it's certainly feasible, I don't doubt that, but the mentality of most of the F2P users I've interacted with would deem such an expenditure very frivolous and wasteful. 1200 DIL is nearly 5 slots in a crew slot sale.
  • Options
    But... but... you would earn one-fifth of a gold citation. Surely that’s more valuable than a measly five crew slots? :smirk:
  • Options
    Several of us have discussed the possibility previous to receiving tokens, but none of us have been willing to turn lose of the ~1200 Dil (at least not that I know of). If I get some good trait matches soon, I might burn the ~400 Dil and 3 tokens to get to 20 hours.

But I value Dil differently than most other VIP0.
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    Elynduil wrote: »
    But... but... you would earn one-fifth of a gold citation. Surely that’s more valuable than a measly five crew slots? :smirk:

I'll take the 1/5th of the gold citation please.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    I'm definitely in the patient f2p camp. Got all 4 shuttles and 100 slots. Waiting to add more slots when The Sale presents itself.
  • Options
    t<G>e  Roonist<G>e Roonis ✭✭✭✭
    The first person to get additional compensation tokens for incorrectly failed voyages most likely.
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭

Funnily enough, most F2Ps buy 4* citations. So they can cite and freeze the threshold crew in a faction or skirmish event. They don't have the spare crew slots to keep them around for months waiting for them to be added to the portal.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Funnily enough, most F2Ps buy 4* citations. So they can cite and freeze the threshold crew in a faction or skirmish event. They don't have the spare crew slots to keep them around for months waiting for them to be added to the portal.

Eh, I think "some" do, but I'd be quite surprised if it's "most". One of my alt accounts, a level 50 F2P, certainly didn't do this, ever. I just airlocked those new SR event crew if I knew I was only getting 3 stars on them.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Don't know if I am the first, but I am F2P and did the 20 hour voyage shortly after getting the first extend token. It cost me 720 Dil, but could have been less as I had already claimed the token and had to use it first. My initial voyage lasted 9 hours 8 minutes, and then I got around 2 hours and 12 minutes between extensions. My last extension was around 17h55m and that got me to the 18 and 20 hour dilemmas. The reason I went for it was for the honor, wanted a 5* citation and this was a huge boost. It was the first 5* I bought. I always get the 4* for the reasons WhiteClifford mentioned above. I think that people who only have f2p accounts play them differently than if you have an alt f2p account.
  • Options
    I've got ~400 spare dil that isn't earmarked for the next slot sale and have extended a few times in the past. I'm probably going to take a run at the 20 hour now that we've got 3 tokens -- just need to stack another 9+ hour voyage first.
    Proud Former Admiral of eXodus
    Proud Former Officer of The Gluten Empire

Retired 12-14-20. So long, and thanks for all the cat pics!
  • Options
    Guest Guest  ✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »
    Eh, I think "some" do, but I'd be quite surprised if it's "most". One of my alt accounts, a level 50 F2P, certainly didn't do this, ever. I just airlocked those new SR event crew if I knew I was only getting 3 stars on them.
    I would be quite surprised if it isn't "most". An F2P account earns dilithium by immortalizing crew. It doesn't make a lot of sense to airlock a 3/4 because the 4th isn't in the portal. You'd citation it, freeze it, and move on.

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Guest  wrote: »
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I would be quite surprised if it isn't "most". An F2P account earns dilithium by immortalizing crew. It doesn't make a lot of sense to airlock a 3/4 because the 4th isn't in the portal. You'd citation it, freeze it, and move on.

The thing is, though, it takes quite a while to get to the point of not needing Honor for replicator rations (and, earlier on, trainers). There are plenty of other crew to immortalize without having to buy a citation for a crew you can only get 3/4.

Now, having said that, I would be willing to concede that perhaps a slight majority of advanced F2P players would regularly cite up such crew, but I'd been playing that alt F2P account every day for around 9 months, and hadn't gotten to that point yet. Knowing and talking to several VIP 0 people in our sister fleets, as well, I can surmise that there are a lot of people who were in the same situation as I was. For them, airlocking a 3/4 is a far better solution than spending precious Honor on a citation. Once you get to the point where you're pulling in trainers and replicator rations enough to cover all your equipping needs, then it's a different story. I just don't think the majority of F2P players are anywhere near that point.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    Maripacs wrote: »
    Don't know if I am the first, but I am F2P and did the 20 hour voyage shortly after getting the first extend token. It cost me 720 Dil, but could have been less as I had already claimed the token and had to use it first. My initial voyage lasted 9 hours 8 minutes, and then I got around 2 hours and 12 minutes between extensions. My last extension was around 17h55m and that got me to the 18 and 20 hour dilemmas. The reason I went for it was for the honor, wanted a 5* citation and this was a huge boost. It was the first 5* I bought. I always get the 4* for the reasons WhiteClifford mentioned above. I think that people who only have f2p accounts play them differently than if you have an alt f2p account.

Lock this thread.
  • Options
    elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    Unless you are one of those >vip 0 f2p people.
  • Options
    elemntee wrote: »
    Unless you are one of those >vip 0 f2p people.

Nope, true vip0. I've been tempted a few times to get the monthly card, but so far have held out.
  • Options
    elemnteeelemntee ✭✭✭
    B) You don't need it.