Home Ready Room

Repeat Voyage-Only Crew Drop?

Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
edited August 2018 in Ready Room
Have Voyage-only crew drops been changed from one-time only, or is this second Lucien I just got the pre-existing bug?

I would consider myself lucky if I hadn’t already spent the Honor to immortalize him...

vts4j02rdaai.png
Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!

Comments

• Man, I hope this bug won't be fixed, because this "one-time drop" design is asinine, to say the least.
  • RaraRacingRaraRacing ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be awesome ... I've been debating on whether to add the last star to The Clown or to Keiko this weekend ... will hold off for the time being on both!
    I can CONCUR!!

Just got Thot Gor a second time.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if this was changed with the downtime that occurred recently. it seemed some significant changes had been made to voyages given there are new tutorials showing. Perhaps it's reset voyages and you are able to collect the crew once more?
    Would be good of we could get some clarification on this. I'm a newer player so I only have 3 of the voyage crew, however a fair few of my fleet have bought the SR citation packs just to FF voyage crew.
    I'm undecided whether I am keeping all the voyage crew, I'm not spending so much honor just to chuck them straight in the freezer. If they drop again that will change, and I'll likely take the effort to level them up. Especially fierce Guinan as I have her from achievements already.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
    I wonder if this was changed with the downtime that occurred recently. it seemed some significant changes had been made to voyages given there are new tutorials showing. Perhaps it's reset voyages and you are able to collect the crew once more?
    Would be good of we could get some clarification on this. I'm a newer player so I only have 3 of the voyage crew, however a fair few of my fleet have bought the SR citation packs just to FF voyage crew.
    I'm undecided whether I am keeping all the voyage crew, I'm not spending so much honor just to chuck them straight in the freezer. If they drop again that will change, and I'll likely take the effort to level them up. Especially fierce Guinan as I have her from achievements already.

I'll pick his dilemmas again when I see them to see if I can get a third copy ... I spent 1 citation on him.

One a side note: The Clown is not that bad, even as a 2/4, so might be worth the effort depending on your crew. He's regularly on a shuttle as a 3/4 for SEC/ENG.

Heh ... I'm an "old" player but haven't hit the Fierce Guinan achievement yet.
  • Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    RaraRacing wrote: »

I'll pick his dilemmas again when I see them to see if I can get a third copy ... I spent 1 citation on him.

One a side note: The Clown is not that bad, even as a 2/4, so might be worth the effort depending on your crew. He's regularly on a shuttle as a 3/4 for SEC/ENG.

Heh ... I'm an "old" player but haven't hit the Fierce Guinan achievement yet.

I'll put The Clown in my favourites list, I'd considered him before but just never seem to get round to it with all the event crew I end up doing.

I hit fierce Guinan sometime the last week or two, I've not claimed her yet (need to put some mirror crew back in the freezer) I constantly run voyages, and in all honesty have a full blown addiction to this game. I stopped smoking almost 8 months ago and STT is what's replaced it. It's definitely better for my lungs 😁
  • PuknutiPuknuti ✭✭✭
    Just got second Jannar so somthing is going on.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I stopped smoking almost 8 months ago and STT is what's replaced it. It's definitely better for my lungs 😁

Awesome job!

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never understood why people used honor to cite these voyage only fools anyway. Stats aren’t great and it’s not like they’re going to have a voyage only crew event. Seems like a waste of honor to me
  • I cited Thot Gor up during the dominion event to have him for shuttle use. :(
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2018
    I cited Thot Gor up during the dominion event to have him for shuttle use. :(

I did the same, but the other 3 (Jannar, The Clown and Lucien) are sitting at 1/4 for me, while I have yet to get Guinan or Worf via voyages (I did get Guinan via the achievement).

I wish I had known this before I purposefully chose the 'wrong' option during part-1 of Lucien's dilemma at the 2-hour mark of my current voyage!
  • Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I never understood why people used honor to cite these voyage only fools anyway. Stats aren’t great and it’s not like they’re going to have a voyage only crew event. Seems like a waste of honor to me

It's called conspicious consumption. Why would you drive a Jag or ride a Harley when for less money you could get a vehicle that doesn't require constant maintenence? Why buy a huge gold Rolex when half the time they are too ugly to even look at let alone wear? Not in spite of the fact, but because they are expensive. Wasting resources on stuff you don't even need proves you're rolling in it.

God, I wish I could have all the voyage exclusives.
  • I just cited Jannar up, but I'm going to chase the rest now. Been saving up dilithium for a good run!
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got a second Thot Gor...
  • Second Jannar for me.

I approve of this!
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Now I need to pay attention to the dilemmas again. I haven't paid attention in months. This is good. It probably also means the ship schematics drops are back, too.
  • The fact Shan hasn't come on here to say I am checking with so and so tells me that it's not a bug. Good chance that it is now a recurring crew drop from their dilemma's. Not like it means much to me as I have all the easy to get ones FF from the $25/5 citation offers. To get more for Fierce Guinan and to get Colonel Worf I would be required to extend my voyages out and that is just $$ in DB's pocket if they get more people extending out to 20-50 hours.
  • OK, 3. Jannar just now, so no limit anymore.
  • PetrichorPetrichor ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I am new, especially to voyages, so I have a few questions since I'm too new to start my own post.

What are the current Voyage crew drops? Or is it random?
    How long into the Voyage does crew drop?
    Any chance I could get some VOY crew from these?
    How do I increase the number and value of rewards from voyages?
    How high do stats need to be to reduce the number of failed hazards?
    What exactly do dilemmas entail? I don't have to sacrifice any of my crew to get by them, do I?

Thanks!
    edited September 2018
    I am new, especially to voyages, so I have a few questions since I'm too new to start my own post.

What are the current Voyage crew drops? Or is it random? --> Basically (almost) all 1-4* crew can drop in a Voyage ... it is completely random which ones drop (exactly who is available check out the "portal pull" threads)

How long into the Voyage does crew drop? --> crew can drop from the first minute on in, but those will be 1* (or 2*) crew. The longer a voyage goes, the better crew becomes.

Any chance I could get some VOY crew from these? --> As in the show Voyager? Yes. Any of the 1*, 2*, 3* and 4* crew are possible.

How do I increase the number and value of rewards from voyages? --> the longer you can remain out, the better value your rewards become.

How high do stats need to be to reduce the number of failed hazards? --> check the voyage calculator on the main Ready Room page. That you canuse to calculate how long you can be out. It is based on probability, the better your crew score the better the chance is to succeed in hazards.

What exactly do dilemmas entail? I don't have to sacrifice any of my crew to get by them, do I? --> a dilemma comes up every two hours ... no you don't have to sacrifice crew. Check the wiki for rewards at each dilemma. Which one pops up is random, as is the reward.

Thanks!

Those are basic answers to each question ... you should check out the STT wiki (Google it) for more info on Voyages.

- This discussion thread is about crew that you can get that ONLY drop in Voyages (Colonel Worf, The Clown, Janner, Thot Gor, Lucien, (Fierce Guinan - you can also obtain her outside of Voyages)) and only at specific dilemmas ... for more info on how to get them check the aforementioned wiki.
  • RaraRacing wrote: »

What are the current Voyage crew drops? Or is it random? --> Basically (almost) all 1-4* crew can drop in a Voyage ... it is completely random which ones drop (exactly who is available check out the "portal pull" threads)

How long into the Voyage does crew drop? --> crew can drop from the first minute on in, but those will be 1* (or 2*) crew. The longer a voyage goes, the better crew becomes.

Any chance I could get some VOY crew from these? --> As in the show Voyager? Yes. Any of the 1*, 2*, 3* and 4* crew are possible.

How do I increase the number and value of rewards from voyages? --> the longer you can remain out, the better value your rewards become.

How high do stats need to be to reduce the number of failed hazards? --> check the voyage calculator on the main Ready Room page. That you canuse to calculate how long you can be out. It is based on probability, the better your crew score the better the chance is to succeed in hazards.

What exactly do dilemmas entail? I don't have to sacrifice any of my crew to get by them, do I? --> a dilemma comes up every two hours ... no you don't have to sacrifice crew. Check the wiki for rewards at each dilemma. Which one pops up is random, as is the reward.

Thanks!

Those are basic answers to each question ... you should check out the STT wiki (Google it) for more info on Voyages.

- This discussion thread is about crew that you can get that ONLY drop in Voyages (Colonel Worf, The Clown, Janner, Thot Gor, Lucien, (Fierce Guinan - you can also obtain her outside of Voyages)) and only at specific dilemmas ... for more info on how to get them check the aforementioned wiki.

Thanks!