Home The Bridge

When did DB offer "Doctor Chaotica or Arachnia Janeway" as compensation?

I know it was on the holodeck rerun. But, anyone remember what the issue was that ended up with DB giving everyone the choice of these two Legendary characters?

Comments

• I believe it was when failed shuttles gave higher rewards than passing ones
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    The event bugged giving some people huge scores when their shuttles lost
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    It coincided with their "stuff for failures" changes. Instead of getting 20% of the expected points, you got 10k+ (the exact number was like 10,328...wasn't an obvious power of 2 or other "programming number", but there was obviously a bit of a boo boo on the rewards system there).
  • When did this happen? I’ve been playing over two years and don’t remember it.
    “With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.” Captain Picard quoting Judge Aaron Satie.
  • The 3rd rerun of 'They Cane From the Holodeck' and cs was giving a choic of Arachnia Janeway, Chaotica, or 1,000 dilithium as conpensation. Had to be accurate :smile:
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    August 2017. As I recall, DB fixed the issue during the first day of the event, but folks that were quickly into the 4000pt missions were able to take significant advantage of it by deliberately failing shuttles. CS offered 1 copy of Arachnia, Chaotica, or 1000 dilithium (your choice) if you could make a case that it affected you.
  • Odo MarmarosaOdo Marmarosa ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was not annouced in game, nor was the compensation univeral. It had to be requested from CS.

Props on DB for stamping out the bug so quickly, but even so the integrity of the event was still compromissed.