Home The Bridge
Options

Another Rookie Squad Question

Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
How does the bonus VP work when you share crew? Is it a percentage of the points your squad makes when the shared crew is on one of their shuttles?

Comments

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1/4 of the points earned by your teammates shuttles the shared crew is on.
  • Options
    Yes, you get 10% of the vp your squad mates get on missions featuring your crew.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    In my experience, it's 25%. (At least I've seen my shared number go up in 1000pt increments as the event proceeds, so...)
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man! My squad isn’t doing much then. I’ve gotten like 4000 points total so far. Still holding steady at 9th though. Guess I would be higher with a powerhouse squad
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, squads with less high-performing members may only drop 10 or 20k VP. But get a squad with a bit more advanced players and you can get 80k VP or more from them.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Eh, it is what it is. When I share in a 4 day event, I usually end up with 40-45K points from the squad. First day starts real slow, but they're rarely the kickstart-ing types. I'm just happy to get the points, and I hope they enjoy having the shared crew. We tend to rank in the 300's for faction.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Oh man! My squad isn’t doing much then. I’ve gotten like 4000 points total so far. Still holding steady at 9th though. Guess I would be higher with a powerhouse squad

Are you helping them tho? My squad leader is sharing a FFFE 5* Sato. He really doesn't need the extra VP, although I know he appreciates it. I however, am extremely grateful for this share, as are the others in our squad. Pretty sure I didnt contribute much a few months ago, but now I can clear threshold, sometimes with a day or so to spare I'm sure it all adds up 💪
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Are you helping them tho? My squad leader is sharing a FFFE 5* Sato. He really doesn't need the extra VP, although I know he appreciates it. I however, am extremely grateful for this share, as are the others in our squad. Pretty sure I didnt contribute much a few months ago, but now I can clear threshold, sometimes with a day or so to spare I'm sure it all adds up 💪

Yeah I’m helping them. What kind of question is that? I shared a 3:5 professor Sato plus I told them how to do the kick start and how to staff the AND shuttles due to the bug. Everything short of actually playing the game for them

• Options
    I think she's suggesting that the satisfaction of helping others can be its own reward. :smirk:
  • Options
    Elynduil wrote: »
    I think she's suggesting that the satisfaction of helping others can be its own reward. :smirk:

That's exactly what I meant. Clearly I did everything but spelling it out for you 😂 I just meant you were helping others, that's all. Plus it's just past the first day, VP should start building up a bit faster if your squad can hit the higher VP per shuttle. I'll shut up now because I'm repeating perfectly obvious stuff. My shuttle's are back in 15 minutes, then I'll get some sleep instead of annoying ppl on forums 😆 I do tend to waffle on even when I'm not tired...
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

That's exactly what I meant. Clearly I did everything but spelling it out for you 😂 I just meant you were helping others, that's all. Plus it's just past the first day, VP should start building up a bit faster if your squad can hit the higher VP per shuttle. I'll shut up now because I'm repeating perfectly obvious stuff. My shuttle's are back in 15 minutes, then I'll get some sleep instead of annoying ppl on forums 😆 I do tend to waffle on even when I'm not tired...

Oh I’m sorry. I’m just frustrated because I’ve done a ton to help and here I’ve held out so long to join a fleet and in the end it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. I’ve contributed heavily to starbase rooms and have had two upgraded in the last few days. Those weren’t even initialized cause it took two days for an officer to notice them. I’ve given them tons of tips and tricks they had no idea about. The fleet has not ranked above 1100 in an event. Now with me in it they currently sit at 335. No one in it is about competing in the game. @eXo | Frank do I still have a standing invitation to join your fleet?

• Options
    [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I’m sorry. I’m just frustrated because I’ve done a ton to help and here I’ve held out so long to join a fleet and in the end it’s not all it’s cracked up to be. I’ve contributed heavily to starbase rooms and have had two upgraded in the last few days. Those weren’t even initialized cause it took two days for an officer to notice them. I’ve given them tons of tips and tricks they had no idea about. The fleet has not ranked above 1100 in an event. Now with me in it they currently sit at 335. No one in it is about competing in the game. @eXo | Frank do I still have a standing invitation to join your fleet?

Having an active fleet is a huge part of the game, I know what it means for me. If eXo doesn’t have any openings, You would be more than welcome on TFA.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Having an active fleet is a huge part of the game, I know what it means for me. If eXo doesn’t have any openings, You would be more than welcome on TFA.

Thanks man. I really appreciate that

• Options
    I think any fleet would (and should) feel lucky to have you. You are active in the game and the forums and have plenty of knowledge to share. And, when you don't know something, you have no problem asking questions (as is evident from this thread). You have a sense of humor to boot too. Good luck to you in whichever fleet you finally land in, hope your future fleet experience is a better one. :)
  • Options
    Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    We need another resident whale because our mostly “free water” fleet lost our biggest one due to Polywatergate 😢
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    My (our) fleet has lost a few long term players recently as well over all the various gates over the last few months. We actually have 2 fleets, D3VIL DOG5 (level 110 starbase for captains level 50+) and D3VIL PUPZ (level 65 starbase for captains level 40+.) We have a handful of openings in both fleets. We run a combined (and more often than not, hilarious) side chat on Facebook for both fleets. If you’re looking for a new (and most definitely active) fleet, you could do a whole lot worse. Honestly, my fleet mates are the best thing about this game for me. Let me know if you’re interested, or have any questions. Good luck.
  • Options

Why don't you stop harassing others first?
  • Options
    Guys , really - recruiting in The Bridge? Where are your manners? :o

@Banjo1012 , I know exactly your feelings, it took me a long time to join a fleet in this game and then there was dead silence, no communication at all and no performing in the events.
    The only way, if you are not satisfied with your fleet, is to leave and find a nicer place to be. If you stay to long you will get stucked there forever.

By the way - joining TFA is one way to do that😆😆😆
  • Options

It does sound like you haven't quite found the fleet that fits you. Think you've already realised that 😂 I'd just like to reiterate what the others have said in that a fleet just makes the game even more enjoyable, you you shouldnt feel frustated. Mine are a source of help, tips and support. I'm sure any fleet would love to have such a high ranking player in their ranks and i wish you happy hunting ☺ There are some awesome fleets in game and I'm sure you'll find one in no time.
  • Options
    {DD} Smelly{DD} Smelly ✭✭✭✭✭
    FWIW, I was in a couple different fleets before I found a good fit. For every competitive fleet there are at least a hundred that are barely treading water. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. But if you’re competitive (and from what I gather you are) you definitely want to join a competitive fleet. My first fleet was dead. My second fleet was filled with clueless newbs and we never once cleared all our daily targets, which is why I ended up leaving. Now I’m in a fleet that clears all our targets every day and I’ve made some great friends that helped me to be more competitive. Don’t get discouraged, you’ll find what you’re looking for.
  • Options
    FWIW, I was in a couple different fleets before I found a good fit. For every competitive fleet there are at least a hundred that are barely treading water. Not that there’s anything wrong with that. But if you’re competitive (and from what I gather you are) you definitely want to join a competitive fleet. My first fleet was dead. My second fleet was filled with clueless newbs and we never once cleared all our daily targets, which is why I ended up leaving. Now I’m in a fleet that clears all our targets every day and I’ve made some great friends that helped me to be more competitive. Don’t get discouraged, you’ll find what you’re looking for.

Great post, agree with everything you've said. My first fleet I don't even remember, I was there about 4 days. Second fleet had lovely lovely people in it but they were quite laid back and I personally needed somewhere a bit (okay a lot) more competitive. I found 10F through fleet central in this forum and although there was a bit of a waiting list it was well worth it.

@banjo many of us (well, ok, me) have followed your journey from Lone Ranger to finding a fleet and I had really hope you'd found 'The One' hope you keep us updated 👍
  • Options
    Good luck finding the right fleet Banjo, you're a player and person who would be a great asset to any fleet.
    For me, a great fleet is the absolute essential in this game and at times has been the only reason I've stuck with the game. I've been really lucky in having found a good fit almost straight away - couldn't imagine a day without chatting with my Flamigos now - and feel privileged to be one of the fleet officers.

When you find your place it's the best feeling - I hope it happens for you soon.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think any fleet would (and should) feel lucky to have you. You are active in the game and the forums and have plenty of knowledge to share. And, when you don't know something, you have no problem asking questions (as is evident from this thread). You have a sense of humor to boot too. Good luck to you in whichever fleet you finally land in, hope your future fleet experience is a better one. :)

That’s awesome of you to say! I appreciate that

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    What a great group of people on this thread! Thank you all for the kind words and advice. Mutual respect for the love of Star Trek. It’s a beautiful thing!