Home The Bridge

new change to Voyages

Dear DB, have you tweeked Voyages again, with in the last 30 hours or so ?
At the moment, they seem better.

I hope this maintains.
(Nope, it's not RnG)
Just wanted to let you know it's noticed and valued.
Thank you.

Comments

• Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Out of curiosity, what is "better" mean in this context? Rewards? Lasting longer?
  • If by 'better' you mean the reason I have failed to reach the six hour mark in four out my six last Voyages, then 'better' **tsk tsk**.
  • FutureImperfectaFutureImperfecta ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited October 2017
    Well it's not perfect, mine haven't been reaching their full potential for out time either but I think in my case for that it's been that I've been stuck on Med/eng for the last 4 or 5 days..

But both myself and my wife have seen a dramatic up tick on chronitons (back closer to original voyage payouts) 3 stars and 4*s dropping again. Both of us on the same day, just all of a sudden it started paying out like before. If we were having alternate days, me good her bad and swao then I'd think nothing of it.. wouldn't have suspected a down shift, wouldn't notice an up tick..

Both of us were 4 star character dry for 5 or 6 days, both were getting Below average chroniton drop.. but same day we both start getting 4s and chronitons after at their good values like when Voyages started. (And 3 Stars, which weren't dropping at all for us)

I still feel like they may be running an A/b test.. maybe were back on the A side I donno..
    But it was too specific and at the same time for it to be rng

(Edited because my Android swipe typing spell checker only makes things worse and is dumb as targ waste)
  • DralixDralix ✭✭✭✭✭

Now we just need to wait for 5 people to come and post their counter observations.
  • I haven't had a 4* drop for almost a week and my voyages usually last 7-7 1/2 hours.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dralix wrote: »

Now we just need to wait for 5 people to come and post their counter observations.

I have no opinion.
    Skiz, yah, me to.. last night though.. it seemed to tick back up. Once your settled in the event, got who your gonna use sorted, send one out let me know how it goes. I (hopefully) bet you'll see an chron / character improvement.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't noticed any changes like that myself, but congrats on your good fortune :)
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    I had the same, over a week with no 4s, then 3, one at the 6 hour mark and the rest between that and 10 (one refill). Then the next day another 4 drop (one I actually needed too...woo hoo)

There seems to be now way to tell if its ebb/flow or if something is really changed.
  • Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've asked and watched over the shoulder of the production team as they checked Perforce - there were no changes made to drop rates on Voyages since the feature launched. I understand that your experience may make it seem otherwise.

For now, I think you had a great Voyage.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
  • Ppl just need to understand that there is a wide range , how many chrons, replicator rations, 4* crew, drop. Sometikes you end up with 100 replicator rations, nxt 2 voyages you get zero to 20 max.. it varies a lot.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • I have noticed it varies in proportion. If you have more crew drop, less chrons, and vice-versa.

The other day I had an 8+ hour run, and dropped 7 crew (1*-3*), 2 dilemmas with NO chrons or Honor, so chron total was just over 240, where usually it would be almost double that. Misc loot drops seemed to be higher also.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • sorinevsorinev ✭✭✭
    I've asked and watched over the shoulder of the production team as they checked Perforce - there were no changes made to drop rates on Voyages since the feature launched. I understand that your experience may make it seem otherwise.

For now, I think you had a great Voyage.

Yeah but is that like the purple crew being added to the time portal issue recently? Where "everything" was checked out, but as it turns out, something was missed?
    [SSR] Sorin08
  • Black PebbleBlack Pebble ✭✭✭✭✭
    sorinev wrote: »
    Yeah but is that like the purple crew being added to the time portal issue recently? Where "everything" was checked out, but as it turns out, something was missed?

Perforce is the tool we used to check in changes to the game. What I can tell you is that according to Perforce, as well as the production team, no changes were checked in that affected rolls for Voyages.

There's always a possibility that there's something we hadn't considered, and considering our track record of late, it's understandable why you'd have doubts.

But in terms of any intentional changes to drop rates for Voyages, that is not something that was put into place.
    Hosun Lee
    Civilian, Brand and Marketing
    Ex-Disruptor Beam
    edited October 2017
    I value your frankness Black Pebble :)

And I believe that it's the truth as your aware.
    ... But :). .. I do think something is altering the payouts in unintended ways.

We can all testify to the sudden part drops at dilemma points that never happened to anyone at all when it first debuted.. then universally everyone started getting them. That's not been explained either that I'm aware of..

It's never been listed as a bug fix or an "upgrade" (down grade)
    And someone in DB at the time (can't remember who) said something to the effect of "well I guess everyone is just making it further in their Voyages". (lol, after people had already been running 24, 48 and 72 hour Voyages..)

I do believe you are relaying the info as best as your aware.. there have not intended changes to the rates.. but have their been any "bug fixes" put in to place ?

Was there a bug fix attempt in the last 36/48 hours ?

Do any files associated with the (a) event push,
    Share or link with Voyages in anyway ?

If so, are they pre synced with the same output for the prize table or are they independent prior to push ?

I would look at that relationship.
    I think it's your most likely to cause an unintended change.

Thank you for your time.
    And I really enjoy seeing when you participate in the forums.