Home Make It So!
Options

"Cloaking ability" for players without a Fleet

[GoT] Gabe [GoT] Gabe ✭✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Make It So!
Players who are without a Fleet, be it temporary or a permanent decision, should have the option to be removed from the suggested players list, essentially cloaking themselves from Fleets.

I've never experienced it myself but from what I've heard, these no-Fleet players are repeatedly and relentessly bombarded with Fleet invites and personal messages from the moment they become a free agent until the moment they join a Fleet. It has become common place to see players alter their in game names to indicate, and sometimes plead, to be left alone.

A cloaking device for these no-Fleet players would not only be useful for them but it would also assist the players who are recruiting on behalf of their Fleets by keeping the list of suggested players exclusively for those players truly interested in joining a new Fleet.

The Guardians of Tomorrow
Protecting the Galaxy's Future from Itself
Fleet Admiral

For more info on us, check our wiki page:
https://sttwiki.org/wiki/Fleet_Guardians_of_Tomorrow

GoT Bot server: https://discord.gg/R8QzpjW
All are welcome to join and use the Bot.

Comments

• Options
    Even if you are in a fleet for a long time, you can get requests to "poach" you from said fleet to their fleet. I have had that happen many times. In effect, it's very much like SPAM e-mails, unwanted and no way to get rid of it.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    I have had a few, and one just recently. Told the person I am the Admiral of my fleet, and am not interested in leaving, Also, I would never consider a fleet that requires an outside chat method.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, a non-fleet player can be swamped with messages and such. Especially when you are atop the leaderboard in an event. What they don’t realize is the occasional top spot an an event is all I would really contribute to the fleet. So I fear I would join them and sorely disappoint them
  • Options
    It also doesn't help that officers within the same fleet have no idea which people may have already been solicited by a fellow, therefore accidentally bombarding people with the same fleet invite repeatedly.

Makes me hesitate before approaching people honestly: I kinda feel bad about it.
  • Options
    Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    Yes, a non-fleet player can be swamped with messages and such. Especially when you are atop the leaderboard in an event. What they don’t realize is the occasional top spot an an event is all I would really contribute to the fleet. So I fear I would join them and sorely disappoint them

That would be enough to improve one squadron's rewards along with adding a little prestige. I'm in no position to invite to any fleet, but I know some fleets would have you.

That aside, I fully support this idea. Players should be allowed to fly solo with minimal hassle and annoyance.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Options
    When we have space in the fleet because someone has been idle for 2 weeks i do blindly click on the button offering people spots and i do try and avoid clicking on the same people twice but its hard with so many similar names etc.

I do agree there should be an option that you can click that says looking for a fleet and only people who click on that option should be in the recruitment list.
  • Options
    I eventually just created a fleet of my own - it stopped the spam and gets me a little honor most days. At some point I'll probably consider joining a proper fleet, but I'm not the most social, especially when chatting means typing on my phone keyboard.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Options
    I think It would be a great idea if there was some way to have people who a looking for a fleet as the only ones whose names come up on the recruitment list