Home The Bridge

Gift Horse, Mouth, Me. Dismiss all? Seriously?

GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in The Bridge
DB just added an option to dismiss one or all of the characters pulled at the portal more easily.

Gee, thanks DB.

Basically, this is them saying "We know you keep getting fully fused drops and beholds, but we don't care about that and aren't going to address it. Here's a way to get rid of them faster so you can keep buying more useless packs."

How about that "Refresh" option on beholds like you just added to the Dabo wheel?

EDIT: Granted, it's useful, I'll give them that. It's pretty annoying to sit there and dismiss 10 characters from my crew screen while making sure I don't airlock existing crew by accident. Thank you, I guess?

Comments

• [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Something some have been asking for for a while.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't pulled a pack yet to see how it works, but in concept, I like it. It addresses a mildly annoying issue in a positive way.
  • GhostStalkerGhostStalker ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Haven't pulled a pack yet to see how it works, but in concept, I like it. It addresses a mildly annoying issue in a positive way.

I don't dispute that! It's great. Hence the "gift horse in the mouth" thing. What I'm saying is that it basically amounts to them saying "we know you're going to get nothing useful out of this expensive pack. Instead of addressing that, we're going to make it easier for you to throw away." It sidesteps the other issue.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't dispute that! It's great. Hence the "gift horse in the mouth" thing. What I'm saying is that it basically amounts to them saying "we know you're going to get nothing useful out of this expensive pack. Instead of addressing that, we're going to make it easier for you to throw away." It sidesteps the other issue.

I understood you on that one. I just didn't want to re-hash that part in detail - but yeah, it's incredibly annoying (and purchase-suppressing), but I can't envision them ever changing it.
    edited September 2018

I understood you on that one. I just didn't want to re-hash that part in detail - but yeah, it's incredibly annoying (and purchase-suppressing), but I can't envision them ever changing it.

It just hurts a little more now that they gave it to us at the Dabo table. Would a refresh button on a behold be so different? What's the phrase, insult to injury?
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dear dear Ghosty,

nice as I am I will tell you a "well guarded" secret:

Characters up to superrare can be aquired in many different game modes. So, "shocking, shocking", dublicates of cards with a high droprate and many ways to get them are the most normal thing in any kind of card collecting thingie. Go to your local store, buy football cards of the season packs. And it will happen to you already on day 1.

But that here dublicates of lower level cards happen to long term players like you is, again, "shocking, shocking" ;) The same thing doesn´t happen to you with legendaries, right? So you are complaining for around time number 1000 about something plain obvious for this type of game and your own personal choice to play, your focus.

Tze, finally you have your so desired crew slots. And still not happy and complainy, lol.
    edited September 2018
    Dear dear Ghosty,

nice as I am I will tell you a "well guarded" secret:

Characters up to superrare can be aquired in many different game modes. So, "shocking, shocking", dublicates of cards with a high droprate and many ways to get them are the most normal thing in any kind of card collecting thingie. Go to your local store, buy football cards of the season packs. And it will happen to you already on day 1.

But that here dublicates of lower level cards happen to long term players like you is, again, "shocking, shocking" ;) The same thing doesn´t happen to you with legendaries, right? So you are complaining for around time number 1000 about something plain obvious for this type of game and your own personal choice to play, your focus.

Tze, finally you have your so desired crew slots. And still not happy and complainy, lol.

Thank you for knowing me well enough to know how happy I was to get the crew slots.

In any case, seeing as I was the one with the initial idea of the "reshuffle" option on the beholds, I feel like this is something I of all people am uniquely required to point out. Whether it applies to me personally or not.
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    I *love* this feature. Most of the time I buy things it's with the intent to convert to honor. If I get something new that's a nice bonus but never what I expect. This is a time saver and a great one. :)
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm happy with the feature. How about adding it to Voyages? That would be sweet!

And the behold reshuffle... With all the ad stuff they've done, I'd say we have a solid mechanism for it.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Guys, DB needs to add more shiny glowing lights when we press the "everything here is useless" button. They should also have a pop that says, "Honour Reward!" or "Honour Windfall!"

Seriously DB, are you listening to your customers? We need more shiny lights! You solved the shuttle problem everyone was upset about by making every shuttle a winner, why don't you do that for pack pulls?

Frankly, while we're on this topic, I think the honour rewards for duplicate crew are a little too much. They should be scaled back a bit. Maybe we can get a couple thousand credits per crew instead? One can dream!
  • Great feature and long overdue. Whoever had to dismiss 300+ crew by hand, knows what i mean.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • @Althea Biermont Wow, i feel ur pain. :s
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • @Althea Biermont What the? How can that be real?!
  • Be careful with that button!

Took a screenshot of the EV Burnham and age of sail Crusher I pulled in one pack and I accidentally activated it while swiping my screen!! I put in a support ticket I hope I can get that Burnham back! I've been skunked on the last few developer packs no rain Robinson or Gary seven.

Screenshot of shame for reference:ur2b615dysrp.jpg
  • Just like cocaine, frequent use of the "dismiss crew" feature on premium pulls is likely God's way of saying that you have too much money.
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Paund SkummPaund Skumm ✭✭✭✭✭
    TonyZee wrote: »
    Be careful with that button!

Took a screenshot of the EV Burnham and age of sail Crusher I pulled in one pack and I accidentally activated it while swiping my screen!! I put in a support ticket I hope I can get that Burnham back! I've been skunked on the last few developer packs no rain Robinson or Gary seven.

Whoa... wait a second... so you’re saying using the “auto dismiss” button means they don’t go into that temp buffer where you can recover them like a regular dismissal?
  • TonyZee wrote: »

No need to be careful at all. All dismissed crew is showing here and can be reactivated. Of course only within a certain timeframe.

r0zi1pjtluas.jpeg

•SSR Delta Flyers•

No need to be careful at all. All dismissed crew is showing here and can be reactivated. Of course only within a certain timeframe.

r0zi1pjtluas.jpeg

I wrote the same thing above but in the other thread he suggests they don’t show up there... want to confirm if that’s true.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭

Whoa... wait a second... so you’re saying using the “auto dismiss” button means they don’t go into that temp buffer where you can recover them like a regular dismissal?

They did when I tested it with credit pulls
  • Zombie Squirrel Zombie Squirrel ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    They do 100% show up there. Tested it myself today(50 premium 10 pulls, so like 350 crew) even with a gold behold(double again). All showed up there.

He simply just waited too long to get them back and check.
    You only have 4hs to get dismissed crew back into ur crew quarters.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
    Yeah I just did a pull to test it myself and they show up there... move along folks... nothing to see here.
  • DeanWinsDeanWins ✭✭✭✭
    I have to say, I think DB did a great thing here, the feature rules! dismissing crew individually in the crew screen was a pain in the **tsk tsk**, and to be honest, was more of an insult to injury when you got duplicates, cause not only did you get a duplicate, but then you have to spend a half an hour turning them all into honor, like punishment lol. So bravo I like this change.
  • I love this feature, I’ve just dismissed all, but it’s great that they’ve thought that there might be one we want to keep. Just click on the icon of the one you want rid of and there’s an option to dismiss them.
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    I just panicked and didnt even think of looking in the airlock thanks to the quick thinkers though my embarrassment kept me from posting earlier.

I've got to say, when I first saw this, my first thought was "how many people are going to accidentally click it and put in a ticket", but I too completely forgot about the "buffer".
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • Kirki wrote: »
    @Althea Biermont What the? How can that be real?!

I was hoarding packs for quite some time. I kept buying offers and getting portals from events but I was not cashing any of them in because I was waiting for the portal to be updated with new crew. So once it got updated I had quite a bit of fun cashing them all in
    :)

• Kirki wrote: »
    @Althea Biermont What the? How can that be real?!

I was hoarding packs for quite some time. I kept buying offers and getting portals from events but I was not cashing any of them in because I was waiting for the portal to be updated with new crew. So once it got updated I had quite a bit of fun cashing them all in
    :)

Lol, I bet!
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing I really like here is the fact you can also individually dismiss from that screen... so if theres a purple or gold I wanna keep its easier to ditch the blues.