Home Engineering Room
Options

Dabo - New Ads Feature Plays Ads, Doesn't Give Spin

Title pretty much explains it, but I watched the ad, and no free additional spin was provided.

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Happened to me once, but I believe it was just one of those wonky ads (the same ones that don't give you a warp after watching). But as in the case of ad warps, the option to watch the ad was still there for me after the first one failed. The second time it went through, and gave me the additional spin.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just to make sure that we are on the same page, watching an ad in Dabo doesn't give an additional spin.

What it does is use the spin you are currently at, at no cost.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Just to make sure that we are on the same page, watching an ad in Dabo doesn't give an additional spin.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, as that doesn't seem to correlate with what happened with me. What I did was, first I paid the 2500 (discounted) credits for a first spin, then I watched an ad and got a 2nd spin (as you can see by the two claimed items in the screenshot below). (No dil was spent.)

guu2oloyg8dn.jpg

• Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    As i understand it, the OP didn't consider the 2500 credits to be an actual cost. Most likely she watched the ad first, expecting to get a free spin and afterwards go for the 2500 credits spin - but as Shan explained, the ad just saved her from the 2500 credits cost. I've done the same today because I didn't know any better.
    Tomorrow i'll spin the wheel for 2500 credits first, then hopefully watch an ad to get the subsequent dilithium spin for free.
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    [SoCo] Matze[SoCo] Matze ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Had the same thing. Ad for the wish shopping app doesnt work for either the dabo spin or the double-up or the normal ad-warp. Tried watching it till the end 3-4 times in a row and it doesnt work. So whenever i see it now i close it and try to get another ad which hopefully works. There is also at least one different ad that is not working in this way as well.
  • Options
    [DC] Principia[DC] Principia ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    OP here: I had already done the credits *and* the 5 dil spin. I watched the ad, and it didn't give me the chance for another spin at 5 dil, or do an extra spin for me for having spent the 5 dil already. Button still says 15 dil. And no, the game has not given me another chance to watch the ad.

Just in case I'm still "misunderstanding", I hit the 15 dil button, and that gave me a single spin for which 15 dil was subtracted from my total. Next value is 25 dil. So as far as I am concerned, no permutation of what could be considered an extra spin is being provided here. Spent 2500 credits, spent 5 dil, spent 15 dil, have only had 3 spins that have provided 3 pulls off the current Dabo table.

And yes this is across restarts of the game and even rebooting the phone, before you try the "have you turned it off and back on again" step.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying, as that doesn't seem to correlate with what happened with me. What I did was, first I paid the 2500 (discounted) credits for a first spin, then I watched an ad and got a 2nd spin (as you can see by the two claimed items in the screenshot below). (No dil was spent.)

guu2oloyg8dn.jpg

Spins are half off since yesterday, so the cost appearing in your screenshot correlates with a 3rd spin.

First spin 2500 credits, you paid the credits.
    Second spin, 5 DIL, you watched an ad to not have to pay the 5 DIL.
    3rd spin 15 DIL.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP here: I had already done the credits *and* the 5 dil spin. I watched the ad, and it didn't give me the chance for another spin at 5 dil, or do an extra spin for me for having spent the 5 dil already. Button still says 15 dil. And no, the game has not given me another chance to watch the ad.

Just in case I'm still "misunderstanding", I hit the 15 dil button, and that gave me a single spin for which 15 dil was subtracted from my total. Next value is 25 dil. So as far as I am concerned, no permutation of what could be considered an extra spin is being provided here. Spent 2500 credits, spent 5 dil, spent 15 dil, have only had 3 spins that have provided 3 pulls off the current Dabo table.

And yes this is across restarts of the game and even rebooting the phone, before you try the "have you turned it off and back on again" step.

There is no extra spin, you can watch an ad instead of paying for the cost of the current spin.
    It sounds like in your case, you did encounter an ad that did not work properly.

Any info on said ad would be helpful, thank you!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Data1001 wrote: »

guu2oloyg8dn.jpg

Spins are half off since yesterday, so the cost appearing in your screenshot correlates with a 3rd spin.

First spin 2500 credits, you paid the credits.
    Second spin, 5 DIL, you watched an ad to not have to pay the 5 DIL.
    3rd spin 15 DIL.

Okay, thanks for the reply. I get what you're saying.

It may seem to the reader that we're hung up on semantics, but I understand why Shan has phrased it that way. ;) Here's a more detailed explanation for anyone who might still be confused: 

• As long as you've paid for the first spin with credits (and possibly the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc., spins with dilithium) before you watch the ad, you in essence are getting an extra spin by watching the ad.
    • However, if you use the ad on the very first Dabo spin (and don't pay for the credit spin first), it's not an "extra spin", since you only get that one, and it is in place of paying for it with credits. (Which is obviously a dumb thing to do, since 5000 credits is a drop in the bucket, and so it'd pay to do that first and then possibly get much better loot on your next one.)

• Options
    I tried it today and after watching the ad I got a message saying something about ad limit exceeded and no spin happened. If I wasn't going to be given the spin, that message should have been shown before the ad was watched.