Home The Bridge

How the new ad double reward works and interacts with the existing ad-warp.

FlayFlay ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in The Bridge
It's actually rather simple - there are just two rules that are both being checked:
1. The cooldown needs to be expired (30 minutes for ad-warp, but 60 minutes for ad-double-reward-booster (edit: and 24 hours for the Dabo wheel)).
2. You cannot use one type of ad within 20 minutes of the other.

An example - let's say you wake up, so both types of ad rewards are available for use.
Minute 0:
You run a cadet mission, and use the ad boosted double reward. Now the 60 minute timer starts ticking.
Minute 20:
You run a high-chroniton mission with the good old ad-warp, because the ad-warp's internal 30 minutes cooldown has expired, and because 20 minutes since using the double rewards have passed.
Minute 50:
You COULD use another ad-warp now, because the 30 mins cooldown is up. But after reading this you are clever, and do nothing for another 10 minutes.
Minute 60:
You can now run another cadet mission and use a double reward ad, because the double reward's 60 minutes cooldown is up, and no ad-warp was used in the last 20 minutes.
Minute 80: You can use another ad-warp - rinse and repeat.

Alternative timeline for minute 70+90: IF you used an ad-warp on minute 50, you could run that double reward mission now, because 20 minutes have passed since the ad-warp usage. 20 minutes later, you can run an ad-warp.

I found no daily limit for both of these types of ads, just these cooldown timers.

BEWARE: The timers cannot be run THAT neatly, because the cooldown starts AFTER watching the ad and closing it.
Also, these rewards for ads are not available via Facebook or Steam.

Edit: The Dabo Wheel free spin is on a 24 hours cooldown (so it does NOT align with the fixed reset timer of the Dabo wheel). The 20 minute rule applies as well! Make sure to run the regular spin for credits first, otherwise you only save a few credits, instead of dilithium for a later pull.

Please let me know if you got different findings. What do you think, is it worth using the double rewards for anything other than cadet missions, or would the ad-warp come out on top?
[GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you
  • Thanks for this, its puzzled me and I've had no time to test it today.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    And speaking of ad rewards, there's also that Dabo Wheel ad - i saw a neat explanation for that from Shan in another thread. Looks like you have to spin the wheel first (for credits), and afterwards watch an ad to get a dilithium spin for free. If you watch the ad first, you just save the credits for the first spin.
    This one can only be done once per day, and I don't know yet if this uses one of the two timers, or if it has it's own timer.
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • edited September 2018
    thanks for the info
  • Much appreciated! I’ve been testing the double rewards ad warp and cave to the conclusion this morning, before reading this, that the cool down had to be 1 hour.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double your rewards on Cadets today is going to be ridiculous
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you @Flay this is really useful.
  • very much appreciated, I can't believe there's no limit to the double rewards. makes those high chron cost items much easier to get and complete legendary components!
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yateball wrote: »

Yeah... I thought I'd try it... Ended up with utter garbage anyway :(
    Maybe next week!
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Absolutely! I enjoyed getting my 12 x standard shuttle boost 10x packs, as well as about 20 of the 0* medical lessons, without having to spend any dilithium!

I can't wait until Saturday, when I'll be able to get ~ 950,000 credits without spending any dil!
  • are the new dabo options also tied to the ad warp/double rewards ad? b/c i just ran a double rewards ad, then went to dabo, and the 2 new dabo options were not there...
  • Yateball wrote: »

Yep. I bought 12 extra tix today. That's potentially 360 boosts! ;)
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭

Seeing as how you can only use the 2x ad thing once per hour, you wouldn't get very many of those doubled up. ;)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Data1001 wrote: »

Seeing as how you can only use the 2x ad thing once per hour, you wouldn't get very many of those doubled up. ;)

I was like a crazed man with the extra tickets. I too bought 12 (like I normally do) and was able to double all but the last 2. It wasn't that I couldn't as I had a total of 18 and I usually get less than 6 hours of sleep per day but between the event starting and 1 "oops, I forgot" moment I ran out of time.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Data1001 wrote: »

I was like a crazed man with the extra tickets. I too bought 12 (like I normally do) and was able to double all but the last 2. It wasn't that I couldn't as I had a total of 18 and I usually get less than 6 hours of sleep per day but between the event starting and 1 "oops, I forgot" moment I ran out of time.

Color me impressed. :) I just bought one more round (didn't do any double-ups on the first round) and finished up the last one with about an hour to spare.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    This double-up is great on MWF too, where each run can net you 50 chronitons and double the number of farmed items (ie: 2* security codes, 2* idic, 0* science experiments, etc...)!
  • OFC the downside for the player is that it takes 6 hours to run the daily cadets. On the other hand, the upside for DB is more ad revenue and more clik thrus. One does have to wonder though, what steam and the gameroom think about this as it is sure to drive more folks to andoid emulators rather than those 2 services if they play on a PC.
    "Never teach a pig to sing. It wastes your time and annoys the pig" Lazarus Long, Time Enough for Love, R.A. Heinlein
  • As far as the Dabo Wheel for ads, I have run twice throughout the day (after the initial spin) to get the free spins. I haven't bothered to time it for consistency.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's certainly encouraging me to space out my cadet missions in hour-long intervals, just so I can get my double loot.
    Saturdays are great - 900K in credits if timed well
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Frank?Frank? ✭✭✭✭✭
    So from what I can tell, the "refresh Dabo" spin is tied to a 24hr timer. So let's add that to the current math, and now my head hurts.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried the Saturday credit cadet missions while using both a supply kit AND the double rewards video?
  • So from what I can tell, the "refresh Dabo" spin is tied to a 24hr timer. So let's add that to the current math, and now my head hurts.

qnitnnqrhws8.gif
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried the Saturday credit cadet missions while using both a supply kit AND the double rewards video?

Yes. Double creds. I've bought many 90k pulls.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • MiT SanoaMiT Sanoa ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ads kind of puzzle me. I do not file records on my ad usage so... how can I tell in advance whether the double reward ad will be available or not?

At first I thought it was equal with the cadet missions being able to ad-warp, but by coincident realized that this is not the case and the doubelling can be done even if the ad-warp cannot. Is there any way to tell in advance if one did not stop the times from the last ads?
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ads kind of puzzle me. I do not file records on my ad usage so... how can I tell in advance whether the double reward ad will be available or not?

At first I thought it was equal with the cadet missions being able to ad-warp, but by coincident realized that this is not the case and the doubelling can be done even if the ad-warp cannot. Is there any way to tell in advance if one did not stop the times from the last ads?

There is a 60 minute cooldown on the double reward, and it also shares the 20 minute cooldown with the ad warp.

So if you run the double reward at 1:30 and then wait until 2:15 to run an ad warp, you'll need to wait until 2:35 to double reward again.
    Meh I have too many timers for games already. :blush: This is not worth the effort for me. But thanks for the answers. At least now I know that there really is no way to see it upfront.
    Wir, die Mirror Tribbles [MiT] haben freie Plätze zu vergeben. Kein Zwang und kein Stress, dafür aber Spaß, Discord und eine nette, hilfsbereite Gemeinschaft, incl. voll ausgebauter Starbase und täglich 700 ISM.
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    Meh I have too many timers for games already. :blush: This is not worth the effort for me. But thanks for the answers. At least now I know that there really is no way to see it upfront.

well you could do a cheap 4 chron mission warp and see if it offers the double up on that one and if it does then you can also double up a cadet mission.
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    kapu wrote: »

well you could do a cheap 4 chron mission warp and see if it offers the double up on that one and if it does then you can also double up a cadet mission.

That is what I do too if I am unable track it by hand.
    kapu wrote: »

This is what I usually do but it seemed to be a noob approach to me. :lol: I just thought there is some way to figure it out by checking different places where ads occur and sum the infos up to a yes or a no.