Home Ready Room
Options

Crew selection for H.M.S. Bounty

I've finally got level 10 of HMS Bounty and tried to utilize my "dream crew" (Crit. Bonus + Crit. Rating), but is doesn't seem to work. Currently I have Katrine, Mirror Leeta and Ardra. The 4th slot is tricky, since there aren't many good combat characters with Medicine. I use Bell Riots Bashir, since his ability is very useful for such a giant hull.
Looks like my team simply lacks firepower. My Katrine has only two stars, and all the other characters don't impove Attack. So my combo is useless, as my critical strikes are simply too weak.
What do you use for HMS Bounty?

Comments

• Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use Reed, Klingon O'Brien, Surak and Bell Riots Bashir - it isn't the best set up but it is workable once you know workarounds on some particular cards. I am still in need of a decent heavy hitter too, makes a certain scandal all the more painful for me.

<Plays violin in a tiny corner>
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I decided long ago that I was comfortable staying at the 100 schematic reward level. Fighting beyond that is just far more trouble than the rewards are for me, though I hit it a couple times. To that point, I simply put in a bunch of heavy hitters who activate just after the cloak. I usually win, but then I really only play against people in the top 4000 level. This setup I discovered during the last skirmish event. It is not the fastest, but it is tough. And it beats spending my energy worrying about arena battles that give no real reward.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    My Bounty crew consists of an immortal Mirror Mayweather, immortal 1701 Jadzia Dax, 1/5* FE Captain Scott, and immortal Crell Moset. I have also used Rura Penthe Reed, Captain Janeway, and Undercover O’Brien alongside Moset, before freezing them to clear slots.

My setup doesn’t have any instant damage crew but does have +9 attack, +9 accuracy, and +7 evasion (plus some large passive bonuses) concurrently for 8 full seconds. If this isn’t enough to defeat my opponents, Scotty’s +5 accuracy lasts long enough to pair with the Bounty’s built-in attack boost ability to cover the time between the other crews’ cool down periods and when the cloak is ready again.

My battles usually go like this:

-pop Adjust Tritium Intermix as soon as it is ready
    -time the cloak to account for opponent’s T’Kuvma/Killy/Mirror Phlox (and the T’Ong’s Magnetic Pulse attack, when present)
    -engage Mayweather, Jadzia, and Moset when the cloak ends
    -engage Scotty 2-4 seconds later
    -Adjust Tritium Intermix again when Mayweather’s ability ends
    -cloak as soon as it is ready
    -engage Mayweather, Jadzia, and Moset again

I don’t think I have ever needed to go beyond this last step...someone is usually dead by then. Careful timing of the cloak is really important, especially when facing Cubes and T’Ongs with their built-in instant damage abilities, and even then the cloak’s cool down is long enough to leave you exposed to a second shot from Killy or T’Kuvma.
  • Options
    Shy KhanShy Khan ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use T’Kuvma, Ambassador Spock Princess’s Jadzia and Sith Bashir. Spock provides a +15K crit bonus coming out of cloak. I may swap in Jannar for Dax for additional damage while keeping an accuracy bonus.
    Come join the Steeler Nation Fleet!
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll give the same advice I give to members of our extended fleets: look for the same ship you have in the top spots on the leaderboards of that division and see what crew they're using.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I use Ardra, Wedding Dress T'Pol , Captain Killy andT'kuvma.(all immortalized)

I start with T'pol , then the cloak , after the cloak Ardra and Captain Killy and if necessary T'kuvma.

To reach the first rank is no problem, but I dont play for it each day.
  • Options
    I may use a slightly different approach.

Using Mirror Janeway, Tuskegee Mayweather, Dr Crusher & Assimilate Tuvok.

Janeway & Mayweather both have +20% attack speed. Combined +40% attack speed.
    Janeway, Mayweater & Crusher matchup with 12s init & 12s duration
    Tuvok just because of his 9 attack boost and 20s duration.

The speed increase really seams to makeup for the lack of punch. 2 attacks to 1.

Use your cloak vs opponents T’Kuvma/Killy, then go for it.

• Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ector wrote: »
    What do you use for HMS Bounty?

Klaa, Degra, Killy & Phlox. Has worked well enough for me for a long time.
  • Options
    Duras sisters, Killy, Lt Valeris, and Alanadale (LaForge)

Wait on killy until you activate duras sisters and valeris, instant kill nearly everytime. I'm number one once or twice a day.
  • Options
    Thanks everybody! Your info is very helpful, though I lack most of your crew :)
    I was stupid enough to skip the latest Killy offer since I've already have Rura Penthe Kirk, and he deals 500% damage instead of 400%. Of course, his +7 Accuracy is nothing compared to Killy's +10 Attack, but Killy activates only two times, and has -3 Evasion. I couldn't imagine a quick one-shot here.
    I've never seen T'Kuvma, though I've got almost 20 5*s, and had a lot of legendary beholds. Same about Crell Moset, Valeris and many others. Also, I didn't know that Duras sisters can be assembled :)

Now I've got a lot of information to think about.

I wonder, would the "all-evasion" strategy work? I've got a lot of good people with 10 Evasion. Hull repairs with Bell Riots Bashir, shield repairs with Laborer Spock, etc. etc. Maybe I can just outlive these one- and two-time abilities and slowly defeat the opponent?
  • Options
    TonyZeeTonyZee ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I dont think it will work. the evasion affects accuracy and attack speed tempers that, as well as accuracy, so someone with a high a accuracy will null and void those evasions, and your attack will be half of the opponent. You will never compete in the top ranks because those ship battles rarely last to the second round, very hard to "rope a dope" in the arena, but let us know how it works if you do try!

Duras sisters VERY WORTH IT if you havent already. Their +9 attack lasts 20 seconds. If the battle goes to a lull they are still firing on all cylinders.

One last tip is exploit the fact the computer activates crews and abilities as they are available, without strategy.
  • Options
    I've got a major improvement yesterday: two extra stars for my Rura Penthe Kirk plus equipment to upgrade him to 50th level. (I had only one star initially). Now I can potentially build a "Rura Penthe Team": Rura Penthe Kirk, Rura Penthe Reed, Mirror Mayweather (fortunately I've got him too) and somebody else. Just activate all Attack bonuses and shoot 500% damage from Kirk. What do you think?
  • Options
    I use the Bounty with Assimilated Tuvok, Reinforcements Stamets, Princess Jadzia and Mirror Phlox. I make sure to battle only against other Bounties that have T'Kuvma. I use my cloak just before T'Kuvma gets activated, neutralising him. I win 95% of all battles with this setup.
  • Options
    Would be intersting if they found a way we could actually fight each other, because the computer gets quite. predictable.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    TonyZee wrote: »
    the computer gets quite. predictable.

I've been finding just the opposite. I have done very well in Arena on occasion (hit #1 in all three divisions at the same time just last month), but sometimes the randomness of the AI totally throws me, and I'll have days where I can barely win a quarter of my matches, and cannot even get back into the top 1000.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    There is randomness as to whether kill shots land, and while I dont think I'm 'right', I do seem to think im observing that the computer activates abilities as soon as available, so you can kind of plan your battle if you're familiar with the particular crew you're challenging. Then sometimes, yeah, i'm dead in 6 seconds. I wonder if new ship abilities will help maybe the avenger or another ship top the Borg sphere? I havent dug deep into changes but I feel the reflect ability they added to HMS bounty made it feel more dominant today. I've even won battles where I didnt deal the most damage!
  • Options
    This "reflect damage" thing may even enable my initial plan of "evasion Bounty"! Bell Riots Bashir has Evasion 10 and repairs hull, Laborer Spock another Evasion 10 and repairs shields.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Tkuvma, Suus Mahna Sarek, Graduation Burnham and Mirror Phlox.
    I have been at #1 easily over the last two evenings... Until I get thrown down 12 seconds later
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Data1001 wrote: »
    I'll give the same advice I give to members of our extended fleets: look for the same ship you have in the top spots on the leaderboards of that division and see what crew they're using.

Good, sound advice. However, getting the ships that most of them uses, has been, at least, for me, an exercise in futility. Example - schematics for the IKS T'Ong. I've been sitting at level 9, 1381 since the turn of the century.