Home The Bridge

Any chance that there will be change to the crew selection GUI next week?

Being a skirmish and all it would be awesome if that will be addressed before the event.

Comments

• +1 I'd like to see this happen as well especially with the new (but originally intended) way we are suppose to play the skirmish events.
  • I guess I wouldn't even mind this format for bonuses IF they stacked the bonus structure. So if I'm using 4 bonus crew in the proper spots then I get 4X the bonus or some such. That should be the reward for the work of having to switch out the crew. That would actually make it harder, not impossible, for the bots to keep up.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disincentives the whole idea of bonus crew huh?
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Unfortunately there will not be any major changes to the UI.
    So crew selection will indeed still be annoying.

We know it hinders the enjoyment of this type of event, and it is on our list still as a needed improvement.
    UI revamps are no small feat, and typically take longer. We wanted it sooner but that was not possible.
  • OK, then I'm looking forward to a free weekend. Thanks!
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »

We know it hinders the enjoyment of this type of event, and it is on our list still as a needed improvement.
    UI revamps are no small feat, and typically take longer. We wanted it sooner but that was not possible.

Since it already has some kind of filter in place (since it shows "bonus" crew) is there not a way to just modify that filter in the interim so that it would show high bonus crew first? I mean I agree that the entire UI needs redesigning, but for now just giving us a better sort would do fine
  • edited September 2018
    Yateball wrote: »
    Shan wrote: »

Since it already has some kind of filter in place (since it shows "bonus" crew) is there not a way to just modify that filter in the interim so that it would show high bonus crew first? I mean I agree that the entire UI needs redesigning, but for now just giving us a better sort would do fine

Seconded, and heck even 3rd, 4th, and 5th!
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, i've ranked between 35 and 100 in each skirmish, but i'm probably out now unless traits line up to make not switching crew worthwhile.
  • I appreciate the forthright reply from Shan, but I have to wonder why skirmishes were not simply left "bugged" in the meantime. I'll probably just play on a more limited basis and take the hit for not switching crew to the extent that I *do* bother. Seems a number of others feel the same way.

I *liked* skirmishes.

*sigh*
    First Officer - Task Force April
    Squadron Leader - [TFA] Bateson’s Bulldogs
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    I appreciate the forthright reply from Shan, but I have to wonder why skirmishes were not simply left "bugged" in the meantime. I'll probably just play on a more limited basis and take the hit for not switching crew to the extent that I *do* bother. Seems a number of others feel the same way.

I *liked* skirmishes.

*sigh*

I don’t get it either. They know from the last Skirmish event people were frustrated with the rule changes and especially how they went back and rewrote the original blog post.

Why not just allow using one of the featured 4* crew to light up all the traits as a workaround? Like last time.

DB are actively chosing to frustrate players here.
  • KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, even if they did revamp the selection process to make it smooth as a Deltan's head, I just can't see myself crew-swapping for battle after battle after battle... I'll just jam Spock into whichever seat he fits in and take whatever points that gives me.

I'm not entirely against the idea of the new bonus system, mind you, I just feel like it puts maximum performance in a skirmish into the same bracket as pouring every last chron into a galaxy event, or paying attention to which shuttles have which missions in faction. That's okay (if the interface wasn't being an obstacle), I'm mostly a threshold-and-out player.