Home Make It So!
Options

make events worth more after achieving Threshold Rewards

WizzdomeWizzdome ✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in Make It So!
Would you please consider giving out honor for going past achievement awards during events???

Comments

• Options
    Yeah most people unless they are looking to FF the 4 star person do stop at the Threshold.
  • Options
    edited September 2018
    I have recently taken over a fleet as Admiral, I find it very frustrating, that crew members, don't talk and won't cooperate. I have been trying to rebuild and reform squads. However, I find it most inconvenient, to have to kick someone out of the fleet entirely, who is active, when they are in a squad leader position. I want to keep them in the fleet because their active, but if I leave them as squad leader I am diminishing my fleet productivity. Is it possible you could give fleet admirals more control over there fleet such as the ability do demot a squad leader without removing them from their squad or the fleet. Or the ability to drag and drop crew members where you want them?
    Respectfully, Captain, Harmon
  • Options
    I'm confused, Harmon:

Are you saying you want to demote squad leaders that stop at thresholds because they aren't continuing to help bring up their squad rank?

Speaking as a Vice Admiral and co-founder of my fleet (Cosmic Knights) I don't really understand the problem. I get it, rations are useful for very low level players, but honestly squad rewards aren't even worth noticing, and as long as the squad leader still has their share available to the remainder of the squad... They're still "technically" helping.

I'm just not seeing your problem, sorry.
  • Options
    Yeah personally I think if your running voyages nonstop like you run your shuttles nonstop... you dont need many rep rats... what you really need is holoemmiters... but some people over time dont do all thier dailies and they slowly lose intrest of find intrest in something like that... My suggestion is to make thier position on the game in the fleet look appealing enough for them to care about their spot in the fleet. You can easily tell who is participating by looking at the different sorts there are for the crew list in the fleet menu. Just before the daily clock runs out at the end of the day... peek into your fleet menu hit the sort button and select "Daily Targets" Then take notice of all the 0's. Those are your inactive people. If they have given a reason for the rest of your fleet to pull their weight then no big deal... but the rest of the the fleet with scores on the target board... are your active players and the ones you want to promote and get rid of the ones that dont... but not all at once... you get rid of non participating players one at a time to give other players a heads up that you are seriously an active fleet and that there are bound to be other players out there looking for a seriously active fleet. Just because someone is online all the time or logs on once a day doesnt mean they are contributing which is why you should use the daily target tab to see who you need to have chats with when you see them. If you call them out in the open "Hey (so&so), are you having problems doing daily?" and give them a chance to work it out, it is hard to let people go sometimes... but when you do and people see an active fleet they feel better about it... In Devil's Planet (chat is seriously slow at times) but everyone there does their job and pulls thier weight... good luck.
  • Options
    I have recently taken over a fleet as Admiral, I find it very frustrating, that crew members, don't talk and won't cooperate. I have been trying to rebuild and reform squads. However, I find it most inconvenient, to have to kick someone out of the fleet entirely, who is active, when they are in a squad leader position. I want to keep them in the fleet because their active, but if I leave them as squad leader I am diminishing my fleet productivity. Is it possible you could give fleet admirals more control over there fleet such as the ability do demot a squad leader without removing them from their squad or the fleet. Or the ability to drag and drop crew members where you want them?
    Respectfully, Captain, Harmon

You seem to have posted this in the wrong discussion board. There's a separate post entitled "better management for fleet officers" that your message would be better suited for than here. While I agree with where you're coming from in wishing for better ways to manage ones fleet, here your words are getting lost in the fray since they have nothing at all to do with the OP
    HIGH RANKING, HIGHLY SEXY FLEET SEEKS HOT & ACTIVE PEOPLE FOR SOME FUN PLAY.

Have you been naughty? Playing with yourself again? Has another fleet touched you in bad ways? Don’t worry, we will train you…. Gently. Light bondage only. Bring your own handcuffs, though…. We don’t supply them.

We’re not those other guys. Here we shower often, and we treat our members like family.
    We know how to whip some serious tail, yet no one is left to shiver out in the cold. If you need advice, help, strategy, tips or anything at all…. I and my officers are here to help you.

Currently, we're looking for more good people to enjoy the game with us, and we offer a TON to our members, in return. We prefer level 50 members and above. Lower level players than this will be considered on a case-by-case basis.

We use the DISCORD app for all our fleet chats (it's free). We're much better organized than many other top-tier fleets in the game, while a heck of a lot more relaxed and much more fun to be a part of. I have numerous other former fleet Admirals who joined me, and we have a world of knowledge and experience to share with you. Sure, we all love the game, and we enjoy playing it often; but we're also a fun family of kooky friends from around the world, who enjoy playing the game together. On top of playing, we also hang out often and share plenty of good laughs, an excellent supportive environment and one another's company.

It's OK if you don't play every day. You don’t have to be a daily player, but the more you play the more fun you’ll have with us. So long as you let me know ahead of time whenever you know you're going to be offline from the game for five days or more, I won't kick you for inactivity. You can send me that message on DISCORD at any time you need to; it takes only a moment. That rule helps keep our fleet as active as possible.

All Captains MUST have a name other than just “Captain” so that others may recognize you. We have no drama, but instead are a close-knit group of good people who treat each other as if we’re both friends & family.

WE’RE ALMOST ALL VERY HIGHLY ACTIVE, and help is never far whenever you might need it, at any stage of the game, nearly 24/7. Whatever your skill level, we can help you.

If you are interested in joining our fleet, please feel free to message me and I will be glad to assist you.

Free steak & Lobster available from our resident chef upon joining (alternate meal suggestions are possible), drinks available through our in-house bartender/barista/host. Please be sure to tip your wait staff. They're nuts, but they're worth it.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah I’m so confused by this thread. But I totally agree with the original post. This skirmish event I had the threasholds cleared in less than an hour. Gimme more man!!! Stuff to shoot for! Factions got it right. If I’m not going at it like a madman I usually hit the 250000 threshold Sunday night or Monday morning. Having thresholds to reach this late in the event would be great for the other event types as well.
  • Options
    **tsk tsk** when you hit threshold, and there is nothing more than rank motivate you in an event...
  • Options
    In the lower portion of the threshold, the rewards are closer in VP. Not every event is the same VP points to next reward. Between flashbacks, reruns, galaxy, mega, skirmish, and faction they do vary somewhat. However, once you pass the 100k or 120k section the amt of VP required to hit the next reward gets spaced out substantially. It may help to have some shuttle tokens, honor, rations, chrons, sm amt of di (like 20?), that is useful in daily play and events mixed in at smaller intervals between the big rewards.
    And also i might add why is galaxy the only event with community rewards that offers the full 4/4 if threshold is finished. Could it be to encourage everyone to deplete supplies and chrons by getting the 4/4 instead of 3/4 event crew.
  • Options
    In the full 4 day Galaxy events, I NEVER play past 130k VP. I'll have the tier 4* FF from community rewards. And the rewards that lie past 130k VP in galaxy events never outweigh the cost in chronitons to make it worthwhile to complete tiers.

Re-run faction events are even worse. I'll generally have both the Tier 4* as well as the Rank-reward 4* already immortal. For re-run galaxy events, I simply build ONE item, in order to collect community rewards. Even with a 5* sitting at 400k VP in a re-run galaxy, I've yet to come across a 5* that's worth investing that many chrons to get. If you put a Killy or a Gary Seven at 400k, I'd burn through my supply of chrons like there was no tomorrow to get them. Grand Nagus Rom, not so much.

The same thing is going to happen in the upcoming 11-28-2019 faction/galaxy hybrid. I have both 4*s in Captain T'Pol and Formal Dress Wesley Crusher fully fused. The re-run tier 5* Commander Kira Nerys is not very appealing: she has the common and boring CMD/DIP/SEC skillset, there's no chance of using her in gauntlet, and in arena her 16 second activation combined with needing the cloak trigger to activate her 400% damage makes her a non-starter for me. I'm not even going to waste time boosts kickstarting in the faction phase. All I'm going to do for this upcoming event is build one item in the galaxy phase, airlock the two 4*s form community rewards, and open my 10-pull once it drops when community rewards goals have been maxed. Unless the TBD Rank 5* is on par with the beta version of Polywater Yar before she got nerfed, I'll enjoy a nice vacation from events for a week.

I agree that more rewards are needed, especially after 130k VP in Galaxy events. I stop there, and I also advise newer players in my fleet to stop at 130k to conserve chrons. Throw in some dilithium, add a gauntlet crate early on and a gauntlet vault later on as we progress after the 130k mark through tiers. The prospect of getting gauntlet crew from an event is appealing to me. Also, you could throw in a 4* citation, and on non-rerun events put a 5* citation in that 400k VP slot and watch how the number of players who complete tiers skyrockets.
    01000010 01101001 01110100 01100101 00100000 01101101 01111001 00100000 01110011 01101000 01101001 01101110 01111001 00100000 01101101 01100101 01110100 01100001 01101100 00100000 01100001 01110011 01110011 00100001