Home The Bridge

Is it time for another poll?

When I first started, there was in game mail that included a link to a poll. The poll asked which faction the upcoming mega event should be about. They also asked which new ship and crew we would like to see. I liked giving my input and the character I requested (Killy) came along later. We've had a couple mega events since then. Do you think it's time for DB to do another poll?
Farewell 🖖

Is it time for another poll? 37 votes

Yes, it's great when devs ask what their players want.
54%
Rocpile William T. Riker[QH] He-Who-MeowsJim Raynor[TLA]  84wb[DB - Do Better]   Prowler[SSR] GTMETBanjo1012TP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)[10F] Belle'Anna Dirk GundersonAandraaRiria[IR]HoratioHornblower[S14] ElynduilsagimaBylo BandProontmuwooWhatMeWorry 20 votes
Not yet. Slow down and give them a few months, rookie.
5%
Capt. Pete OwenS31 2 votes
Why? My vote won't matter.
13%
[QH] Oxmyx(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]Jean-Luc KenobicmdrworfDavideBooks 5 votes
What's the point? The results won't change much.
27%
Althea BiermontHungry Dog DDMSvenLundgren[S47] ELiLOdo MarmarosaMr. LincolnCSR _WaylanderJoeSage2Dr. Creon (¥SA)Me [AUS] 10 votes

Comments

• Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I voted yes because this is hilarious.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes but only one that has relevance or is interesting
  • Dr. Creon (¥SA)Dr. Creon (¥SA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    What's the point? The results won't change much.
    I kind of wish there was another option along the lines of "I have mixed opinions on this topic" to answer with.

Yes, I think it would be nice for them to do because I do feel it is important to get feedback from the consumer as I believe a happy consumer is better for business. With that said, we can all verify from numerous threads/ posts that it is impossible (or at least nearly impossible) to please every player of the game.

"Why? My point won't matter" is a good option for me as well. I like Voyager as I have posted before in other places and it appears that this puts me in a small percentage of the community (again based on others' posts). So, when we were asked to choose among the different series, I knew already that my vote for Voyager would be like voting for an obscure candidate in a U.S. presidential election.

My chosen answer to your poll is the best for me from the options given. The community, in general, tends to have their opinions and are very strong minded when it comes to their beliefs about best series, characters, etc. I am not suggesting that opinions can't be changed or altered but I don't see that happening in this regard. All one has to do is look at the many posts we see in the weekly event announcements claiming that we will be getting another Janeway, Burnham, Burnway, augmented Janeham, etc. Even though it's been pointed out that we haven't had a Janeway for some time and Janeway doesn't even have the most incarnations, we still have those that believe she is too highly involved in the game...interestingly, no one brings up the characters that appear more often than her in this way. So, I believe that if we were asked again via a poll, the results wouldn't fluctuate that much. Unless, of course, the game has seen an influx of people with different opinions since the last poll was released.
  • Yes, it's great when devs ask what their players want.
    A poll about a poll? "This is soooo meta......." :smirk:
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    A poll about a poll? "This is soooo meta......." :smirk:

I didn't realize I was going all Genshiken on this. (Genshiken is an anime about people who watch anime.)

But uh... The old meta felt stale so I made a new one?
    Farewell 🖖
  • Yes, it's great when devs ask what their players want.
    I kind of wish there was another option along the lines of "I have mixed opinions on this topic" to answer with.

Yes, I think it would be nice for them to do because I do feel it is important to get feedback from the consumer as I believe a happy consumer is better for business. With that said, we can all verify from numerous threads/ posts that it is impossible (or at least nearly impossible) to please every player of the game.

"Why? My point won't matter" is a good option for me as well. I like Voyager as I have posted before in other places and it appears that this puts me in a small percentage of the community (again based on others' posts). So, when we were asked to choose among the different series, I knew already that my vote for Voyager would be like voting for an obscure candidate in a U.S. presidential election.

My chosen answer to your poll is the best for me from the options given. The community, in general, tends to have their opinions and are very strong minded when it comes to their beliefs about best series, characters, etc. I am not suggesting that opinions can't be changed or altered but I don't see that happening in this regard. All one has to do is look at the many posts we see in the weekly event announcements claiming that we will be getting another Janeway, Burnham, Burnway, augmented Janeham, etc. Even though it's been pointed out that we haven't had a Janeway for some time and Janeway doesn't even have the most incarnations, we still have those that believe she is too highly involved in the game...interestingly, no one brings up the characters that appear more often than her in this way. So, I believe that if we were asked again via a poll, the results wouldn't fluctuate that much. Unless, of course, the game has seen an influx of people with different opinions since the last poll was released.

Absolutely. While I voted yes, your response made me realise just how messed up this game could get without the developers considering balance.

The Burnway point was so apt, so sick of these 'jokes' - it's obvious to anyone who's joined since Christmas that Janeway hasn't even been featured once! And anyone with half a brain would realise that Michael Burnham is going to get a few cards happening to promote the new series.

The joke about your vote having as much impact as voting for an obscure candidate in a presidential election had me laughing out loud. Yep. Unless we are lemmings, everyone has a character they'd love to see which everyone else seems to hate (mine is Neelix) so if the devs listened to all those howling voices none of us would get anything special.
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/