Home Ready Room
Options

5 star or 4 star

I'm VIP 14 , soon to be level 69. I have a bunch of 5star cards I want to level up and a bunch of 4star cards that I am not sure about keeping. Question: Isn't it better to dump a bunch of 4 star cards in favor of levelling up the 5 star ones. I'm at a point where I only have a few galaxy map nodes unclaimed and the required stats seem to be above and beyond what any 4 star card could offer. I know that 4star cards can be useful in events, but then again aren't the 5 star cards ff fe way better? As far as collections go, I don't have many left to max out. What are your opinions? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    To me, four stars are only useful when they are event crew. Five stars all the way!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    And clearing all nodes is overrated.
  • Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I trust you've checked to see what the traits are on the episode nodes you have left — many tough ones can be cleared by a 4* with the right traits, though sometimes it takes a few passes.

I don't know how fused your Legendaries are, but 4/4 crew are usually considered at least as good, and often better, than 1/5 crew. However, if you're hanging on to super-rares that aren't FF, and aren't good in Gauntlet, and you don't have a particular soft spot for that character, then you may want to consider airlocking them, especially if space is an issue.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    I've had to use mostly 4/4's to clear the map so I recommend you check traits carefully before dumping anyone.

Also, clearing all the nodes may be overrated BUT with the ad double rewards you'll get some decent loot twice - I kinda wish I hadn't finished it long ago.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Wasting all my double lots on my cadet tickets.
  • Options
    AmphistaffAmphistaff ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you have the 4* cards fully fused, you should level them so you can at least freeze them if they aren't useful. Then concentrate on 5* cards that help you in some way. Either high base, good for gauntlet, a trait you need for a node, or a good voyage card.
  • Options
    muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    And clearing all nodes is overrated.

That's my favorite part of the game. I'd love to have more galaxy map stuff. Enjoy it more than events by a long shot.