Home The Bridge

Frustration. Noun.

AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
Recalling a voyage at 7hrs 59mins 20secs.
With 1 AM left.
Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266

Comments

• Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you ever watch your timer keep resetting back the clock as you approach a dilemma?
  • Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you ever watch your timer keep resetting back the clock as you approach a dilemma?

At least four times!
  • Ah go with the 100 dilithium! You get two extra dilemmas for the price, and a whole run of 2 hours between where you can get some nice goodies!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only I had the dilithium...

Actually hit 8 hrs today. Nothing more than a green
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • muwoomuwoo ✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    Recalling a voyage at 7hrs 59mins 20secs.
    With 1 AM left.

I feel bad Awesoming this.
  • Went for a top 25 finish in this weeks event...
    Finished 26th
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Went for a top 25 finish in this weeks event...
    Finished 26th

Went for a top 1k finish in this week's event
    Finished 5077th
  • Went for a top 25 finish in this weeks event...
    Finished 26th

One of my fleetmates hit 16th. Good for him. I just can't do it. Went into Phase 2 ranked 54th, thought I'd finally push for my 25th place achievement and... just couldn't do it.

There are so many little frustrations, and obviously big ones, in this game that I just couldn't sustain my motivation. I don't even know why I sit on a massive amount of chrons anymore because ultimately I know I'll probaby never put the tedious grinding time in.
  • I was ranking around 150-200 at the start of phase 2. At that point my goal was to just finish top 1000.

I decided that I would collect 100 bonus items per day during phase 2 and cash them in 6 hours before event finish like I usually do. During this time, I totally forgot about using a supply kit!

However, I had more free time on Sunday than I anticipated and collected about 500 bonus items. When I cashed those in on Monday morning I found myself around 60th in rank, and thought to myself "let's go for that top 50 achievement award".

I spent Monday morning collecting another 150 bonus rewards, then Monday lunch time doing another 150. Once I cashed those in I discovered I was at around 30th in rank and thought "bugger it... lets go for top 25".

I literally spent the last hour and a half just building and warp-10ing and cashing in bonus reward after bonus reward. The only respite I had was that I had to drive home from work during that time (about 25 mins) and that probably cost me my place.

I cashed in almost all of my Sorritons which I had been saving up for over a year (about 10,000 if anyone is interested), and I burnt through around 12,000 chrons that I had accrued via Voyages, Cadet missions etc.

Was I upset that I finished 26th? Not in the slightest. The guy who beat me too it thoroughly deserves it.

It'll be a long time before I rank this high again... but now I know what it takes, I know I'll be back some day.
  • A more accurate title would be: Frustration. DB. Noun
  • Lesson for the rest of us: don't bother hoarding sorrytons for over a year. Gotcha thanks!
  • so close! too bad you couldn't have hung on!
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would you believe it happened to me again tonight? 7h 58m 40s with 2 AM to go... And recalled just before the hazard hit.
    And the hazard was for my lowest skill, there is no way it would've passed.