Home The Bridge

New planet, new faction?

Did anyone else notice an "undiscovered" faction? I'm just seeing it today. Please link me to a thread if this is already being discussed.
Farewell 🖖

Comments

• Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bug that happens alot it will go away
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @Banjo1012 . I restarted the app and it's gone.
    Farewell 🖖
  • kapukapu ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    the ghost faction will show up everytime a faction event ends... accompanied by a thread asking about it lol
    Captain Lvl 99; Vip0; 552 Unique Immortals; Fleet: Omega Molecules; Base Lvl 134 (MAX); Playing Since March 2016.
    It’s kinda wild that it still happens. It’s been going on since I started and prolly before
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    kapu wrote: »
    the ghost faction will show up everytime a faction event ends... accompanied by a thread asking about it lol

Huh.... I should have noticed one or the other in the past 5 months. Oh well. I saw it now, I guess. Glad to have folks like you to be patient with rookies like me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    It’s kinda wild that it still happens. It’s been going on since I started and prolly before

It's kind of a small window into how faction events are implemented under the hood.

For each faction event, they create a placeholder faction to maintain shuttle difficulty (so it's on a separate counter from the "normal" factions). All event missions will affect the current level of the placeholder faction.

When the event is over, the placeholder faction shows up as "undiscovered faction" until you restart.

Yes, it's certainly a bug, but other than seeing these posts every now and then, there's nothing actually damaging. I hope they spend their time on some of the other problems plaguing the game rather than this one.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did anyone else notice an "undiscovered" faction? I'm just seeing it today. Please link me to a thread if this is already being discussed.

Just to add support to what others have said.

Yes, the undiscovered faction comes up often after an event, long standing bug #3323.

Can understand why you might get excited over it though if you hadn’t seen it before.
    Banjo1012 wrote: »

It's kind of a small window into how faction events are implemented under the hood.

For each faction event, they create a placeholder faction to maintain shuttle difficulty (so it's on a separate counter from the "normal" factions). All event missions will affect the current level of the placeholder faction.

When the event is over, the placeholder faction shows up as "undiscovered faction" until you restart.

Yes, it's certainly a bug, but other than seeing these posts every now and then, there's nothing actually damaging. I hope they spend their time on some of the other problems plaguing the game rather than this one.

That’s good info. I didn’t know that