Home Ready Room

Tough BeGold choice: Frank Hollander / First Officer Riker / Garak, Elim Garak

I have enough legendary CMD and SEC crew so none of these would help me much and when picking new 5* I mainly look at their voyage potential but here Garak and Riker are very close to each other.
Next think I look for is possible rerun of their event but that might never happen for any of these..
None of them is gauntlet worthy either, at least not for me.
Also, looking at which other versions of this crew I have:
All Garak versions except this one.
1* Romulan Data and FT Data plus FFFE Prospero
All 1,2,3 and 4 stars version of Riker FFFE (except Anbo-jyutsu at 1/4) but I don't have any 5* Rikers so that might make him the main candidate.
However, collections-wise I should pick either Frank or Elim.
Really tough choice for me...

47gprbz7mr96.png

Which one would you choose and why?

Tough BeGold choice: Frank Hollander / First Officer Riker / Garak, Elim Garak 22 votes

Frank Hollander
50%
uss_bonaventure[KM]VidemZann Calcore (ISA)IrialcmdrworfMatt_DeckerEmmett KarjunaDavideBooksDirk Gunderson[ISA] Big McLargeHuge 11 votes
First Officer Riker
27%
Neos472Jim SteeleAutomaton_2000Roland 359TonyZeeJem_1016368337394693 6 votes
Garak, Elim Garak
22%
[DB - Do Better]   ProwlerIronagedaveCaptain CrouchyLegate Damar Múspell[BAD] 5 votes

Comments

• Frank Hollander
    Frank is the only one who is in a collection at present - The Wild West
    We are recruiting for our sister fleet, Mirror Klingon Marauders! Contact me via private message if interested
  • [KM]Videm wrote: »
    Frank is the only one who is in a collection at present - The Wild West

Actually, Garak is in Cardassian collection but I have that one already completed so it doesn't count.
    Still, collections are my last concern, especially when it comes to legendaries..
  • take a look at this link to help decide:
    https://old.reddit.com/r/StarTrekTimelines/comments/9222um/the_big_book_of_behold_advice/

If you were low on voyage sec or cmd I'd go riker or garak respectively. Since you are neither, and Hollander is the ONLY data variant to have CMD (which is common on shuttle seats), I'd go with Hollander personally. Even has an arena bonus, which helps with skirmish events.

cut and paste from there (including ranks):
    (rank 7 group) Frank Hollander - Black sheep of the Datas; only one of six 5* variants to have CMD or be 2-skill - #26 base CMD. Variant-best CMD. 14 events (10 Data, 2 Android, 2 Hologram). Featured event crew 3 times. Useful arena ability (+9 ev, Immediately Deals 350% Damage). Western collection.

(rank 8 group) First Officer Riker - Bland crew, but reasonable SEC and voyage stat totals - #37 base SEC. #70 voyage total. #9 voyage SEC (3-skill). 6 events. Variant-best SEC.

(rank 9 group) Garak, Elim Garak - Uninspiring crew, but above average voyage total - #44 base CMD (primary). #68 voyage total. 7 (6+1) events. Variant-best CMD.
  • First Officer Riker
    I picked Riker cause I dont have him! Now yall are making me wish I chased Frank in last weeks pack!
  • edited September 2018

Thanks.. I forgot about TBB even tho I have a link somewhere in my bookmarks. I picked Riker on the end because I don't have any other legendary variant of him, unlike the other two.

The toughest part was that I actually like Garak and Frank even more as characters but I was being practical here. I have enough of other legendaries who need citations before any of these three.

Thank you all for your comments and votes.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Officer Riker
    Think you made a good choice. I've been debating moving Hollander down a bit and now that the new Data eclipses his CMD, he's lost a bit of his shine.
  • Synthetic CommanderSynthetic Commander ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    well, new data won't be in the portal for a while, so while he will affect hollander's value, not for regular drops yet.

that being said, it's always good to have a legendary of a main crew that you were missing.
  • Automaton_2000Automaton_2000 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Officer Riker
    Part of it is investment. By the time Hollander gets to 4/5 for his CMD base to be usable, There's a good chance AoS will be available. AoS's 1/5 CMD is within 3 points of a 3/5 Hollander.

Hollander's not dead in the water, but one of his unique perks is diminished.
  • Wow I did not piece together that you'd need 3/5 hollander to equal 1/5 AOS Data base cmd, that's a really good point. That's why I love reading your analysis when considering begolds, you are very good at considering all factors.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Officer Riker
    Riker, he's #1 after all.
    DB: Do Better
  • That's why I love reading your analysis when considering begolds, you are very good at considering all factors.

Of course.. He's an automaton, programmed not to miss any relevant variable. :D;)