Home The Bridge

New Starbase Rooms

Shan - could you clarify how the new rooms work. Do we all get replicator rations each time a level is filled? And are there limitless levels? If these new rooms also have a maximum level we will still eventually run into the "nowhere to donate" problem so we need to know to decide on our strategy. Also, are they going to alternate between levels that don't require holoemitters and ones which do (which could also create problems). More information would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Dr. Creon (¥SA)Dr. Creon (¥SA) ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    It would be nice to get clarification but it would appear that 1 room is devoted to nanopolymers and tritanium while the other room is devoted to transparent aluminum and holoemitters. I'd also assume that, like the other rooms, everyone benefits from a level completion.
  • Fantastic. Thanks for replying so quickly. Do the donations required stay the same after a level is filled?
  • <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, if it isn't too much to ask... are you able to tell us how many rations each level will give?
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks Shan, how many Rep rations do they give once complete?
    Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the details Shan.
  • The in-game mail thats sent to the fleet, is there a cool down for joining the fleet or will any current member, regardless of join date get the mail?
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool. Now can I have something where I can spend my Replicator Rations? There's zero chance I'll ever be able to spend them using the Replicator.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    c8kaei5ai4ss.png
    Yes otherwise I will never get rid of them.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, can we please get info on exactly how many rations we get? 1, 5, 100? That would be really helpful info.....
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • You are a star, Shan. I can now go and discuss our tactics with the rest of my fleet. Many thanks.
  • *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    So the rooms have no levels, the donations amount does not increase.

The rewards are:
    5x Advanced Rations 4* for the Advanced Reclamation Unit
    1x Dynamic Ration 5* for the Dynamic Reclamation Unit

Thank you :)
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome, I can turn the things I use for replicator rations into more replicator rations in exchange for continuing to get 100 chrons per day.

DB: Huge missed opportunity to make this a true "trash" room which would allow us a little more direct control over inventory management.

I like this new tool. It solves many issues.

That said, I will second the idea that a "trash" room would be good. My inventory is not yet close to maxed out, but if it were, there is no way I could eliminate items just through the replicator. Even if there were a way to trash unneeded inventory without any benefit, it would be helpful.
  • So the rations themselves are significantly less than what we’d get from
    Voyages, but we can keep our daily chron rewards going by utilizing these rooms once other starbase rooms have been completed. Seems ok to me.
  • al103al103 ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    So...

(60000+60000)*0.2=24000
    110*5*50=27500
    110*5*40=22000

Barely worth it for 50 people. Essentially it's nothing more than chron-grinder.

(30000+30000)*0.2=12000
    260*50=13000
    260*40=10400

Absolutely same.

Well, it's solution for getting chrons at least.

PS. And with how components are distributed there is a risk of tritanium shortage for some fleets...
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    al103 wrote: »
    So...

(60000+60000)*0.2=24000
    110*5*50=27500
    110*5*40=22000

Barely worth it for 50 people. Essentially it's nothing more than chron-grinder.

(30000+30000)*0.2=12000
    260*50=13000
    260*40=10400

Absolutely same.

Well, it's solution for getting chrons at least.

Think of it like a trash compactor. You go from 'less dense' starbase components and crush them into 'more dense' replicator rations.
  • cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    With how short we always are on holoemitters, I don't think we'll ever use the dynamic room.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Knight RangerKnight Ranger ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Is there a reason why the Dynamic 5* room costs half that of the Advanced 4*? I would've thought the 5* one would cost more.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a reason why the Dynamic 5* room costs half that of the Advanced 4*? I would've thought the 5* one would cost more.

It takes Transparent Aluminum and Holoemitters where the other room takes the lesser components.
  • Ah, I get it now. Thanks.
    Level 99. Latest Immortal (957): Chancellor Gowron - October 2023.
  • TonyZeeTonyZee ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Ooookay, so our level 67 starbase should forget about it until were done, or hololocked. I like the solution, but if I complain that the one legendary replicator seems chintzy, am I out of line? That's only worth 300 honor in the honor hall.

I third a trash room, but we kind of already have one -- the replicator!

Would be great to view items in Replicator Room so i can see if i have them or not. For example, 4/5* event character rewards I get for characters I immortalized already. Hard to figure out which ones I need and which ones I dont. Maybe marking them duplicate, like the crew, would be useful?
  • We're getting close to the holoemitter bottleneck, so it's nice to see these 2 rooms show up
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    cmdrworf wrote: »
    With how short we always are on holoemitters, I don't think we'll ever use the dynamic room.

At some point (way in the future), if you have the other rooms done, the emitters will start to pile up. So it is actually a long term solution.
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."