Home The Bridge

New Starship States

Just ran an arena battle with my Borg Cube and discovered it had a new move:
Assimilation
Grants Shield Disruptor Status.

Anyone else discover any more new moves for other ships?

What does Shield Disruptor do?

Comments

• See the release notes:

- Four new ship abilities have been added to the game, this should spice things up in Battle Arena.

The new abilities are:
    •••• Interrupt Shield Modulation: temporarily drops your enemy’s shields to 0.
    •••• Overcharge: reduces all of your ship’s and crew's cooldowns.
    •••• Electroplating: temporarily reduces hull damage
    •••• Damage Reflection: a portion of all incoming damage will be reflected back to the attacker (this does not apply to Boarding damage which affects the hull, not shields)
  • NivenFresNivenFres ✭✭✭✭
    "If it wasn't for autocorrect, we wouldn't have Tuvok on a Giraffe."
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enemy ship has no shields while its up. Potentially dangerous depending on the ship and crew.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Can’t say the Borg Cube really got meaningful help with this. The problem? The new ability has fairly slow initialization time, so most of the builds centered around that timing are already capable of incredible DPS, and are easily capable of blowing most ships to pieces. If, and only if, they survive to that point. The Borg Cube’s surviviability is low compared to modern burst damage, particularly against recent premium ships. Until DB does something about that, maintaining strong placement consistently with the ‘Cube will be a struggle. Many good builds will be able to blow up the ‘Cube before we can negate their shields, not that negating their shields makes much difference when we’re mashing heavy damage through most times.

Given the horrible base evasion on the Borg Cube, it’s not like there’s real tools to build a meaningful defensive setup as an alternative to going for heavy DPS. At best, the ability will just help normalize Borg Cube performance between players of varying levels of top DPS crew availability. Which isn’t necessarily a terrible thing, but it’s also just kind of “meh” for overall metagame placement.
  • YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bounty is more OP than it already was with the reflect damage... Ohhh boy
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    You lasted 50 seconds at #1? Congrats. My reigns are usually much quicker. What's really going to be fun for you is how you can drop from #1 to #1200 before your ticket refresh delay even clears.
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was going to be my next test. I'll see what rank I am when I wake up.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • I see the T’Ong conspicuously got passed over, lol. Figures, since I just recently got it finally to level 10.
  • I'm still a T'Ong driver and that beast doesn't need a boost. Happy to see some more diversity near the top, already seeing more 5* NXs in the lists. It'll take a few days to get a handle on how the new abilities shake out.
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elynduil wrote: »
    I see the T’Ong conspicuously got passed over, lol. Figures, since I just recently got it finally to level 10.

I'm guessing it may have had to do with the fact that the IKS T'Ong dominates the top spots in Admiral Division, and they were trying to even things out a bit. Would be interesting to start seeing a lot of the Prakesh in the top 1000, for instance. But I do hope my T'Ong is still able to do well, even if it means I may have to work harder to maintain a decent rank.

So I'm glad I finally achieved this feat about a week and a half ago, as it may be a lot more challenging now...

i20y0bbh01o6.jpg

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has anyone tried the D'Kora? That cooldown reduction can really pump out some damage fast. I just need to find a way to deal with it being reflected back at me.
    Farewell 🖖
  • AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    After I woke up, I had dropped to 1078
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266