Home The Bridge

Skirmish Changes

Just had an in-game email saying that Skirmishes are changing again. This in my opinion puts them back to how they were (which was declared a bug by DB).
Good move. Thanks for listening DB.

Comments

• Now it's the way it should be, I like it.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Thumbs up - thanks DB!
  • My guess: They couldn't fix the "bug" so it remained a feature, and they just feigned listening to us for once. I still think the bonuses should stack.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they could fix the "bug". I think they 1. Didn't want more blow-back after recent issues and 2. Couldn't fix the crew selection interface.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they could fix the "bug". I think they 1. Didn't want more blow-back after recent issues and 2. Couldn't fix the crew selection interface.

To be fair, "fixing" the crew selection interface is a much more difficult/time intensive effort than rolling back how trait bonuses get applied.
  • My question now is, are the new ship abilities applied to skirmishes or is it just for arena?
    Hope DB IS still working on the UI to improve crew selection as the current really blows.
    Remember DB programmers- highest bonus listed first then medium and so on. Also, make crew selection like in the other events. Thx.
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Before we had only two tiers of bonuses, +50%, and +100%. Even though I thought the original communique made it sound like we'd have 3. Shan specifically says 3 tiers of bonuses again (small, medium, large). Which is it? And do they apply (we assume, but don't have confirmation) to the after battle Bonus Rewards too?

The good news, we get a new round of bug shooting and figuring out the rules.
    The bad news, we get a new round of bug shooting and figuring out the rules.
  • edited September 2018
    Before we had only two tiers of bonuses, +50%, and +100%. Even though I thought the original communique made it sound like we'd have 3. Shan specifically says 3 tiers of bonuses again (small, medium, large). Which is it? And do they apply (we assume, but don't have confirmation) to the after battle Bonus Rewards too?

The good news, we get a new round of bug shooting and figuring out the rules.
    The bad news, we get a new round of bug shooting and figuring out the rules.

It would be nice if DB made another video like they did the first time to demonstrate how the event was going to play out since that video was taken down during the Rufeegate. A clear, concise demonstration of how skirmish bonuses teirs do work would be more helpful to clear the air of confusion. But the UI really needs serious improvement. That in itself would be very helpful.
    I've wrote Shan about this, she said "No new video at this time."😔
  • Normally I'd just run a bounty with event crew (in this case it'll be kal-if-fee spock) in the first slot, undercover o'brien, mirror phlox and chaotica right the way through the event for max bonus points.

If I'm reading these changes right I dont think I'll be able to do that anymore will I?
  • [SSR] GTMET[SSR] GTMET ✭✭✭✭✭
    Normally I'd just run a bounty with event crew (in this case it'll be kal-if-fee spock) in the first slot, undercover o'brien, mirror phlox and chaotica right the way through the event for max bonus points.

If I'm reading these changes right I dont think I'll be able to do that anymore will I?

actually, what you are reading is that you can exactly do that.