Home The Bridge

Marion/Dontetras Ship Skill

Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
edited September 2018 in The Bridge
Is it me or should the event notes not include the ship skill stats? If i'm buying an event pack I should at least know what I am getting.

Jim
DB: Do Better

Comments

• DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initializes more quickly than the Duras Sisters, but not as long or as tough.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jim Steele wrote: »
    Is it me or should the event notes not include the ship skill stats? If i'm buying an event pack I should at least know what I am getting.

Jim

FWIW, Shan has said, in the past, that there are no plans on including ship information in the event announcement post.
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Awesome thanks and congrats to @Paladin 27 for another FTM.
    She doesn't look that spectacular and as I have Spock FFFE I think i'll just use him for maximum points.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about Donatra's ship skill? Her other stats are typically weak for a Romulan in this game.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    What about Donatra's ship skill? Her other stats are typically weak for a Romulan in this game.

I (or someone) updated the Wiki with her ship ability information around 1 hour ago:

https://stt.wiki/wiki/Commander_Donatra
    🖖🏻
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • What about Donatra's ship skill? Her other stats are typically weak for a Romulan in this game.

xio3dqq0vm6d.jpeg
  • [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭

m30t9crbzjdx.png

Not FF or FE, but here you go.
  • IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    Initializes more quickly than the Duras Sisters, but not as long or as tough.

The Duras Sisters do not give 20% Attack Speed. Marian looks pretty vicious.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭

m30t9crbzjdx.png

That's horrible. If it weren't for the fact that, as a Romulan and a Veteran she's in two collections, she'd be completely useless.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Jim Steele wrote: »

Jim

Glad to know that I'm not the only person who saw the art & thought Vash. I actually had to read her name to verify that she's *supposed* to be Maid Marion.
    [DCC] bebe
    Privileged to be Admiral of the Great Fleet
    Dilithium Causes Cancer, maxed Starbase level 134
    Featuring photonic flee free holodecks and
    All you can drink Neelix's Even Better Than Coffee Substitute!
  • Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    <snipped image>
    That's horrible. If it weren't for the fact that, as a Romulan and a Veteran she's in two collections, she'd be completely useless.

I think she'll be quite useful for newer players in the Gauntlet. (I may even end up using her here and there myself.)

Commander Donatra
    FE 1/4 level 100 CMD 336 (238-631), DIP 198 (60-178), SEC 206 (191-463)

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • One word - Yargate !

I know at least half a dozen people who ground out a sub 1000 rank for Yar purely for her ship ability.

Then, something happened...

Oopsy !

Too soon?
  • One word - Yargate !

I know at least half a dozen people who ground out a sub 1000 rank for Yar purely for her ship ability.

Then, something happened...

Oopsy !

Too soon?

What point are you trying to make here within this particular thread? Do you believe that they (DB) are going to nerf either one of these two new cards that are mediocre at best? Just in case you didn't know, there is a thread already devoted to "Yargate" which can be found here...

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/10780/dissatisfied-customer-pulling-the-rug-out-on-yar/p1

It has about 405 comments dating back to August 15th so not sure what you mean by "too soon" either.
  • He's probably replying to the requests for ship stats to be posted as part of the event announcement. If the ship stats are posted, I guess he/she's implying people would be even more upset if the crewmember is nerfed. Of course, we take care of sharing ship stats amongst ourselves anyways (in multiple threads, this one is entirely redundant) so it's a very marginal difference.
  • The point I was trying to make is that DB do not officially post ship stats in their Starfleet Communications nor, as Shan said, do they plan on doing so anytime soon. The info we received on Yar was, as always, provided by the community.
    Based on that community shared info I know of at least 6 people who decided to chase a sub 1000 rank in order to get what promised to be a great arena battle character, albeit weak in all other respects, only to have her stats nerfed soon after the end of the event.
    The "too soon" comment was in relation to the other thread(s) which are still ongoing, and still relevant in light of DBs recent announcement with regards suitable compensation.
    It was intended as a quick sarcastic comment. Always ruins the moment when you have to explain the joke though.
  • One thing I’ve noticed that seems odd to me isn’t that they don’t post the crew’s ship ability, but rather that when we have a Skirmish event, the event crew inevitably end up with mediocre or weak ship abilities. I’m not certain with Marian, but Donatra’s is just pure weak sauce. Heck, even with her Com roll being a pretty decent one, I’d say she’s a overall weak character. Far weaker than any recent new crew we’ve seen.
    Weirdly enough, I’m also Vulcan Housewife. Also, RNGesus hates me, like really, REALLY hates me.