Home Engineering Room

"An Error Occurred"

Clicking on almost anything in the game brings up this error message. I can't claim my dilithium card, for example, and it takes forever to actually get into the game for the multitude of errors it keeps throwing.

hidved1qv2nf.jpg

Comments

• Could be related to this and the fix.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11248/donatra-4-5-uniform-give-same-bonuses#latest

Usually should work again after a couple minutes.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Could be related to this and the fix.

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/11248/donatra-4-5-uniform-give-same-bonuses#latest

Usually should work again after a couple minutes.

Thanks! I will give it another go in a bit.
  • Master FooMaster Foo ✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Not gonna make a new thread or a support ticket, I'm guessing the staff have their hands full as it is.

Anyway, the game is unplayable for me today, both on mobile and steam platforms. Getting the spinning flower all the time and the occasional "An error occured" and "Game unavailable / interenet down" pop-ups, from time to time. Meahwhile, nothing loads, voyages are especially affected.

I checked my internet connection and it's working just fine.

EDIT: fixed some spelling errors.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master Foo wrote: »
    Not gonna make a new thread or a support ticket, I'm guessing the staff have their hands full as it is.

Anyway, the game is unplayable for me today, both on mobile and steam platforms. Getting the spinning flower all the time and the occasional "An error occured" and "Game unavailable / interenet down" pop-ups, from time to time. Meahwhile, nothing loads, voyages are especially affected.

I checked my internet connection and it's working just fine.

EDIT: fixed some spelling errors.

Hi,
    I am really sorry that this is your current experience.
    The game is up and running on our end.
    While your internet connection is fine, it does not mean that all providers between yourself and our servers are. Any outage or issue on that particular route could result in the issues you are seeing.
  • Shan wrote: »
    Hi,
    I am really sorry that this is your current experience.
    The game is up and running on our end.
    While your internet connection is fine, it does not mean that all providers between yourself and our servers are. Any outage or issue on that particular route could result in the issues you are seeing.

True, I'll try to examine the problem more closely. However, everything else is fine on my end, I guess it's upto my ISP. I'll give it some time then, things will probably sort themselves out.
  • i am having the same issues today .pages load fine the game is not
  • i should note i played on steam and android but now switched to fb .havent got an error in 15 mins so far
  • Ok, a little update: the Android version is now working great. Quick and responsive as ever. Steam version now loads after a few tries, but is a pure torture to play. And I'm using the same wireless connection for my desktop computer and my mobile, so I dont think it's a problem on my ISP's end.

Asked around my fleet if anybody has the same issues, I've yet to recieve a reply.
  • Cranky (SC) Cranky (SC) ✭✭✭✭✭
    Short of it: This would appear at first glance to be a routing issue. ie dependant on platform, broadband/WiFi (your internet provider) or your mobile/SIM internet provider. Some fair better than others.

Long/Giving DB some benefit of doubt:
    DB can only control so much. It’s possible you’re on a crappy/cheap ISP who refuse to pay for good routes onto the internet and many of its popular destinations. It’s also possible DB aren’t selecting their internet peers very well, or are cheaping out.

TLDR: 50/50. Could be you have bad internet, could be DB don’t want to pay for good peering.