Home The Bridge

Have the new ship capabilities changed your arena/skirmish strategies?

Now that we have these new ship capabilities to "freshen up the arena", are you doing anything differently?

Have the new ship capabilities changed your arena/skirmish strategies? 67 votes

No, sticking with the tried and true ships/crew I've been using.
65%
Peachtree RexCaptain_WhoZombie Squirrel V.Capt. Chaos{SST} Captain Magenta Borealis[QH] Oxmyx[QH] He-Who-MeowsJim RaynorStygianCpt. Caveman[SSR] GTMETHungry Dog DDMLarxene12345678 of 123456789(CSF) Jesus Is Lord [••••]AggeBanjo1012SMMAmbrosius77 44 votes
Yes, I have changed with better results.
8%
[TUFG] SiguardSunshineRikerAhab°Master FooBylo BandVeterinary Phlox 6 votes
I'm still experimenting with new combinations.
17%
Captain Q[10F] Fuzzy Moo[S47] ELiLOdo Marmarosa[10F] Beltalowda Banditguest_757423444811776TP do better!! ~Colli~ (PoF)[10F] Belle'Anna KarthonCmdr SinclairsagimaMe [AUS] 12 votes
Arena? Who cares?
7%
Captain DurfRocpileBobkyouJim SteeleJoeSage2 5 votes

Comments

• Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not yet, anyway. If I start slipping faster in the ranks that currently, I might re-evaluate.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • No, sticking with the tried and true ships/crew I've been using.
    Not really. The changes only improved the set up I already had going, so no need to change really.
    Drunken Dahar Masters is recruiting active players.
    PM for details.

So long and thanks for all the fish.
  • Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    The strategy that I have used for all of the skirmishes still works fine. I haven't had to change a thing. If anything, I'm blowing through the missions faster than in the past.
  • Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have done nothing to change my arena philosophy - the Bounty’s updated ship ability doesn’t really affect my Admiral division strategy and I don’t care about the Commander or Captain divisions. I’ll care even less for October and November when there is nothing for those of us who have played longer than six months to shoot for other than bragging rights.

As for the Skirmish, I haven’t gotten going yet but don’t expect too many changes there either. It will be interesting to try out the Cube’s new ship ability but I’m going to roll with the same crew I’ve used since day two or three of the very first Skirmish event.
  • No, sticking with the tried and true ships/crew I've been using.
    With the exception of some ships, it's a little different but not by much. Case in point, I'm mostly playing Capt. division and using Voyager which didn't get a "special power". I'm still climbing.
  • Ishmael MarxIshmael Marx ✭✭✭✭✭
    Skirmish, no, not at all. Cube, same 3 crew, and 1 event crew. Melts opponents just fine.

Arena, I haven't had enough time to consider all the options, but I may switch back from Kong to the newly-buffed Bounty.
  • Yes, I have changed with better results.
    A little. I'd generally stuck to the Bounty for it's cloaking, but switched to the 5* Ferengi Marauder for the cooldown effect. Both have worked well for me, but I'm enjoying the fresh ability.

My crew compliment hasn't changed much, beyond what was necessary for changing ships. Although my go-to for the Marauder already worked well with the new ability, so I didn't need to fine tune anything.
    Six degrees in Inter-species Veterinary Medicine. Treating all manner of critters, from Tribbles to Humans.

Starport
  • Jim SteeleJim Steele ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arena? Who cares?
    Meh, I only do the occasional battle to maintain rank. I'm pleased the bounty is even more overpowered and I have been experimenting with the new 2* Romulan ship which seems to melt opponents just fine.

Jim
    DB: Do Better
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Nope, no effect on my setup. At least there may someday, should the UI be updated, a chance for me to try something new.
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. Not one bit