Home The Bridge
Options

Inventory capacity.

Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
I don't remember seeing anybody ask for this before, but could we please have a way to extend our inventory?
In the past year we have got a lot of new items, from star base components, citations, voyage extensions, new equipment for crew and a huge amount of (thank you very much by the way) ship schematics.IO do feel that all of these new items have expanded and improved the game immeasurably, but my inventory seems to be getting smaller and smaller. I used to manage it by ditching unneeded items, but lately I find myself using things I'd rather to keep in my replicator to prevent other items being wiped.

Doesn't have to be a straight up increase, new rooms in the starbase would certainly do the job, or buying with dilithium as we do with crew slots.

Comments

• Options
    Bluebeard1Bluebeard1 ✭✭✭✭✭
    My apologies, I missed that one. Probably too busy looking at my full inventory at the time, lol.
  • Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    They only way to manage your inventory right now is via the replicator
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is an insult. A thoughtless and artificial arbitrary cap that's broken the game since it's inception and not a fix put into place.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have read good reasons for it, so thoughtless and arbitrary is possibly a bit strong.

However, it would be very nice if there were a non-replicator way to get rid of items. High value items would need too many replications and too many credits to be rid of. It would not be possible for me to do it. I manage currently, but that won't last forever.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would love to hear any possible reasoning for this. It shows a clear lack of foresight and inability to plan long term or for scale. And it's not in a bit or digit boundary, so those are out. We do, however, know that they were too lazy to even change default types, with all of our components being stored in signed 2 byte integers (or short/half word), instead of unsigned.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    DB keeps track of each players inventory. When we spin Dabo and win in the gauntlet the rewards are based on what we already have. The more we have, the greater strain on resources.

This makes sense.

I still would like a way to dump unnecessary resources.
  • Options
    It would be easier to make decisions on replication of SINGLE unique items if we could see the description of the single item from replicator add menu. Currently single items just get tossed-in unidentified. Because Mayweathers 4* Boomer Outfit who I know is immortal, uses the identical icon as a 4* clothing pattern when replicating I need to know which item I am grabbing. Thanks for allowing input.