Home The Bridge

I’m happy with the communications

I just want to say that we have spent a lot of time complaining and bashing Disruptor Beam. Now that we have had what I will call solid effort’s to reach out to the community about some major issues we should probably thank them and continue to support these efforts.

To me, it seems important that they have done something like giving out crew and celebrating Star Trek’s 52 year anniversary. Games that have the wherewithal to giveaway items on a regular basis tend to have a much more fruitful following. And then the effort to actually address issues that have been sitting out there unanswered for a long time is commendable. It must be hard for them as a smaller team to find time to discuss issues that may be due to some complicated technical difficulties and disagreements that are just part of these endeavors. I know that many people expressed concern that disruptor beam is going the way of some other development companies that no longer operate. Let’s do our best to be positive and keep a supportive message going to help make sure that doesn’t happen.

One idea I have is to be proactive and to keep your own list of issues in a central place to help the developers see what kinds of problems that fans are agreeing that they want fixed.

Comments

• SMMSMM ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I changed my mind.
  • Hello Dmeadz, I support you on most of this. I think DB is doing a incredible job. To make every player of the game happy is an impossible job. In "normal life" you will see that you can't make everybody happy with whatever is happening. With the number of people playing this game there will be always tribbles about the game.
    As I am now Admiral of my Fleet, it shows up once once, you want to keep all of the Fleet happy, but that is never possible.
    This also goes for the work DB has to do. I will not always be happy with DB does, just like my Fleet probably will sometimes dislike my decisions. But let's be honest, to put up a game like this, if anybody of the Captains that are always complaining, let them see how they are gonna do it.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cleaned this thread by removing 2 comments.
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Refreshing to see such a post in the usual negativity in here and I agree with you Dmeadz. For a small team DB does a good job. Sure, the heavy workload of them leads to countless mistakes etc, but cause of their size also many user wishes get and got implemented over time. That would not happen with any of the big companies. As a reconnection with my favourite Science Fiction universe, as an atmospheric Star Trek experience and as the resource management game that it is mainly I cherish what they created. I think Erin said earlier this year the next spectactular update can first be expected next year, but I am looking forward to what they will cook up. And hope this game and DB will last - at least for some more years to come!
  • My comment was meant to drum up business. I work with troubled teens all the time... :)