Home Engineering Room
Options

Rare reward still showing up after three-starring a mission

2pigxkjwltg9.png

I have three-starred the mission, but it shows up as a location to farm a particular item.

Is that correct?

Comments

• Options
    Data1001Data1001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, it's not at all correct — and there are threads going back a very long time reporting the same bug. For whatever reason, it's never been addressed.

Could you please continue the petty bickering? I find it most intriguing.
    ~ Data, ST:TNG "Haven"
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks. It’s the first time I’ve seen it and didn’t see any recent topics, so thought it might be since the last update.
  • Options
    I have seen this before and didn't realize it was a rare reward so I kept trying to get the item I was going for. After numerous attempts I finally realized it was for a rare reward so I contacted support. They did give me back the chronitons that I used but basically said that they were sorry that the rng was not working in my favor. I sent back a reply stating that rng had nothing to do with it and that the mission shouldn't even show up for the item as the rare rewards could only be received one time. The reply I got back from this was very generic and basically made it sound like I didn't understand how the game works. :o So, they do know about it but, as Data1001 stated, it's never been addressed. The moral of my story for everyone else is...make sure you look to ensure you're not utilizing a rare reward mission but, if you do, submit a ticket. ;)
  • Options
    Yup, I've fallen victim to this multiple times so nowadays I always check first before warping to make sure I'm not seeking a nonexistent rare reward on a warp.

-Ed
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Keep an eye out for anything that says “Rare Reward” but also has a drop rate estimate. Rare Rewards are guaranteed one-time items and non-bugged entries in the mission list do not have drop rates.