Home Make It So!
Options

Can we please make the Top 1000 more competitive.

I've just finished a Valdore too far and Ranked 950 or there abouts. I made sure I wasn't going to be pushed outside the top 1000 to get Vash then just gave up and finished the event with over 3000 chronitons. I could have easily made top 400 maybe even 300 but it wasn't worth killing myself to do it for what Two extra rare box pulls. The other incentives are a joke really. I play f2p and once you're top 1000 there's no point ranking higher because you're never going to break into the top 15 for an extra vash

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the top 1000 players are highly competitive but agree that the reward tiers are not well-differentiated. There are really maybe three levels that count:

1) Top 15/25 (depending on event type), for multiple copies of the event 5*.
    2) Top 1000, for a single copy of the event 5*.
    3) 1000-3000, for 1-4 copies of one 4* crew.

Anything else is a glorified party favor unless you are very new to the game and could use trainers, single premium portal pulls, or a single copy of a 3* crew.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the top 1000 players are highly competitive but agree that the reward tiers are not well-differentiated. There are really maybe three levels that count:

1) Top 15/25 (depending on event type), for multiple copies of the event 5*.
    2) Top 1000, for a single copy of the event 5*.
    3) 1000-3000, for 1-4 copies of one 4* crew.

Anything else is a glorified party favor unless you are very new to the game and could use trainers, single premium portal pulls, or a single copy of a 3* crew.

I'm with Dirk. I don't think the issue is whether it's competitive enough to land in the top 1k. The issue is that the rewards structure doesn't provide much incentive to make the top 750 or the top 500. They need to up the rewards at those levels.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Thirded. I'm also f2p and after quite a long haul I've finally broken top 1k a few times within the last month and, truthfully, felt like I got ripped off. Not that the designers did anything intentional, I actually mean that Fate ripped me off. I made top thousand and really didn't get anything I wanted. (Because I could only score high in events that had terrible legendaries). Could've made top 500 but...

Why.....?
  • Options
    KTzKTz ✭✭✭
    They can add an existing Legendary crew beside the new one, the stake will be higher and player will struggle for rewards.
  • Options
    we have had several threads on the restructuring of rewards for events. DB doesn't seem to be listening.
    I want to become a Dilionaire...
  • Options
    Indeed. Knowing I cannot compete to get more than one copy of the legendary (which I'll probably airlock), I've never had any incentive to place above 1000-1500. Or 1500-2000 for a galaxy event.

Same goes for squadrons. The rewards are worthless. Only time I care that my squadron members are even breathing is for shuttle events.