Home The Bridge
Options

For those who opted to trade Poly Yar for a citation....

YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
Curious who you used it on.
I haven't spent it yet as 4* Crell Moset is on a voyage but I think I'm going to immortalize him, he's good for the Cardassian and Doctor collections

Comments

• Options
    Peachtree RexPeachtree Rex ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Holding it until the next mega event.

Edit: something to also consider is that Crell has a pretty bad voyage score (136th). I totally understand citing for collections, but the Doctor one is pretty easy to come by these days (good number of 1/2/3* Doctors) and Cardassian is pretty manageable too.
  • Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Reverend Phlox, I have him at 3* I only have 4 legendaries immortilised so it's a big deal for me and from what I can tell a MED/CMD combo isn't that common. I think I'll finish him when I've enough honor. I'm updating my crew sheet tonight so will make a final decision then
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018

Edit: something to also consider is that Crell has a pretty bad voyage score (136th). I totally understand citing for collections, but the Doctor one is pretty easy to come by these days (good number of 1/2/3* Doctors) and Cardassian is pretty manageable too.

Hmm... interesting, now you've cast doubt in my plans :D
    I actually have the Cardassian one maxed already now that I double check too.... dammit Rex!

I have DaVinci at 1 star only and am about 10K honor away from finally buying kahless so maybe I should wait
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably Reverend Phlox, I have him at 3* I only have 4 legendaries immortilised so it's a big deal for me and from what I can tell a MED/CMD combo isn't that common. I think I'll finish him when I've enough honor. I'm updating my crew sheet tonight so will make a final decision then

Nice, I've got him immortal and he makes it onto a LOT of my voyages
  • Options
    Yateball wrote: »

Hmm... interesting, now you've cast doubt in my plans :D
    I actually have the Cardassian one maxed already now that I double check too.... dammit Rex!

I have DaVinci at 1 star only and am about 10K honor away from finally buying kahless so maybe I should wait

FFed Kahless is in 90% of my gauntlet teams and probably 60% of my voyages.

FFed DaVinci is probably on 90% of my voyages.

Both are extremely good options for working your way up to FFed.
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thinking of saving my citation for the next mega 5*, since we seem due for another mega in the next few weeks.

I also have nearly 500k honor that I can't decide how to spend. I'm keeping 100k of that for Dr. Bev, and like to have another 50k in reserve for the aforementioned mega 5*, but that still leaves me with 350k unspent honor... so many good 1/5, 2/5 and 3/5 crew to spend it on, but need to determine what voyage skill combo I'm weakest in.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

The basic voyage ranking system has always bothered me. Moset might be 136th overall but for MED/DIP I would be shocked if he was lower than 5th. I have both Prisoner Cornwell and Darth Bashir immortalized, my immortalized Crell Moset is right behind them (and with a rarer third skill to boot).

I don’t know the 5/5* stats for Mirror Troi, Mirror Crusher, or the Mobile Doctor but I can’t imagine all three of them (or too many others) would be higher up for that particular skill combination - unless you throw in DIP/MED crew as well. Even then, Moset would be far from 136th place for his primary/secondary skill combination.
  • Options
    *Nomad* {PoF}*Nomad* {PoF} ✭✭✭✭✭
    Traded in 4 Yars for the citations, will use them to finish up Laborer Spock and RAF O'Brien to complete the ENG collection *does happy dance* :joy:
    Founding ADM - PoF family of fleets (POF, POF2 & POF3) - Dear TP: Non sequitur. Your facts are uncoordinated.
  • Options
    edited September 2018

The basic voyage ranking system has always bothered me. Moset might be 136th overall but for MED/DIP I would be shocked if he was lower than 5th. I have both Prisoner Cornwell and Darth Bashir immortalized, my immortalized Crell Moset is right behind them (and with a rarer third skill to boot).

I don’t know the 5/5* stats for Mirror Troi, Mirror Crusher, or the Mobile Doctor but I can’t imagine all three of them (or too many others) would be higher up for that particular skill combination - unless you throw in DIP/MED crew as well. Even then, Moset would be far from 136th place for his primary/secondary skill combination.

The easiest way to apply weights is to add a 3.5 multiplier to the primary skill and 2.5 to the lesser skill, since the primary skill makes up 35% of dilemmas and the secondary 25% (other skills have a weight of 1).

In the most favorable voyages (MED primary, DIP secondary) Crell ranks 6th:
    rorc1x9zzrf6.png

So, yes, if DIP/MED voyages are a weakness of yours, citing up Crell would make total sense. I did this myself recently when I cited up Reverend Phlox (16h overall) instead of Interfaced La Forge (7th overall) because MED/CMD was a bigger weakness of mine than ENG/DIP.
  • Options
    RennJaxoRennJaxo ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was kind of planning to bring Mobile Doc up to five stars, but I'm also notoriously bad at making decisions.
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

The easiest way to apply weights is to add a 3.5 multiplier to the primary skill and 2.5 to the lesser skill, since the primary skill makes up 35% of dilemmas and the secondary 25% (other skills have a weight of 1).

rorc1x9zzrf6.png

So, yes, if DIP/MED voyages are a weakness of yours, citing up Crell would make total sense. I did this myself recently when I cited up Reverend Phlox (16h overall) instead of Interfaced La Forge (7th overall) because MED/CMD was a bigger weakness of mine than ENG/DIP.

Since I have Cornwell and Riots Bashir immortal I think your advice of skipping Crell is still good advice
  • Options

I dropped 4 citations on DaVinci and have never looked back with regret!
    [GoT] Drunk Shimoda
    GoT Chief Communications Officer
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    I still have Ru’Afo at four stars so he’s the most likely candidate.

Although other options are three star Durango Troi and three star Commander Keen. I mean Kira.
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭

rorc1x9zzrf6.png

Indeed - ENG was by far my weakest skill about three months ago (just RAF O’Brien, Grand Nagus Rom, and some assorted 1/5* and 4/4* crew) but since then I’ve finished citing Mirror Cochrane and acquired, leveled, and immortalized both Ru’afo and Protomorphosis Barclay. ENG/SCI voyages went from maybe hitting 7 hours 30 minutes to one of my best combos because of those three.
  • Options

12wmqnzczgg7.png

• Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously, they actually think a one off trade for a citation or lower skill crew than we got is an acceptable solution. After SIX WEEKS of ignoring us and run around?!! Completely ignoring the resources spent, expectations destroyed, and time lost getting the crew?

This is the definition of terrible CS. No compensation for the fights with CS. No compensation for the "lies" and disappointment. No attempt to make things equal or better. No attempt to make the customer feel valued.

DB clearly has NO VALUE and NO RESPECT for the people paying to keep them in business and spreading the word of how great (or *terrible*) the company is.
  • Options
    IronagedaveIronagedave ✭✭✭✭✭
    I opted for killy, however FWIW I got a recent begold and chose da Vinci and I will say that he will most likely be my next citation project after interfaced La forge/ mega event. Unless I have a convincing argument to work on my 2/5 dehner instead.
    [was on Sabbatical/Hiatus] Currently a trialist at Galaxy SquadronSTAY SAFE and KBO
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm planning to wait to see the theme and recurring crew of the next mega, but unless there's a big surprise, I will probably use my citation to immortalize Professor Sato. Her diplomatic skill is unparalleled.

BTW -- on the note about Crell Moset -- note that Mirror Crusher has the exact same three skills, in the exact same order, and beats him in both voyages and base skill. So if you have those both, she's the one to fuse first. Moset will do his good work in gauntlet without being fused.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭

Used? As in past tense?
    I haven't received anything yet.
    I was planning on trading in maybe all of my Yars or all but one.
    I'd use the citations on immortalizing Leonardo da Vinci, Bell Riots Bashir, and Surak.
    Then likely use one to make 4 stars for my Captain Beverly Picard because she's the only strong CMD/MED person in game and she works well for voyages.

But have people already received their citations?

Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options

Used? As in past tense?
    I'd use the citations on immortalizing Leonardo da Vinci, Bell Riots Bashir, and Surak.
    Then likely use one to make 4 stars for my Captain Beverly Picard because she's the only strong CMD/MED person in game and she works well for voyages.

A couple of my crew-mates have, but I'm pleased to hear others haven't because I'm starting to get edgy. Every time I look at Yar I get angry. I can't wait!
    Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I'm still waiting as well, so I'm also glad to see I'm not the only one.
  • Options
    Shan posted somewhere they are working on it so it's coming. Also, I think CS reps start working in about an hour so I'm not sure what time zone they are in. I always get responses overnight.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    That would be about the right time for India if I am not mistaken
  • Options
    I think Eastern Europe would be 8 or 9 am now. Either that or night shift in North America somewhere. Not sure if they outsource their CS work.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I think Eastern Europe would be 8 or 9 am now. Either that or night shift in North America somewhere. Not sure if they outsource their CS work.

I know at least some of it is/was outsourced to the Philippines, don't know if it all is. At one time they had a separate German support crew too.
  • Options

I dropped 4 citations on DaVinci and have never looked back with regret!

Same. I use him on most of my voyages. Now getting 9hr no refill
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    YateballYateball ✭✭✭✭✭

Used? As in past tense?

Yah I got mine (Almost) right away after Shan posted it by replying to the ticket I already had been messaging them on
  • Options
    I used mine to immortalize Professor Sato. With her stats it was hard not to
  • Options
    I should be getting two plus I almost have enough honor for a third. I am leaning towards either Aviator Yar or RAF O'Brien both at 1/5 so I can put some 4/5 engineering in COM/SEC. I also have Mirror TPol at 3/5 and Commander Jadzia Dax at 2/5. Three citations would FF/FE either one but I have a logjam at both SCI and DIP. Anyone have any ideas?