Home Engineering Room
Options

Voyages bug I've never noticed before today

[SFW] Quick Claude[SFW] Quick Claude ✭✭✭✭
edited October 2017 in Engineering Room
Others may have already noticed this and reported it. On a voyage I started today, when assigning my crew, the gold Star was on Command and the silver star was on Security, so I set up my crew to be strongest in those areas. When I started the voyage, the silver star moved to Science, which was one of my lowest numbers. Just thought you should know. Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah... every once in awhile I see that
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    The skills change at the same time the Gauntlet does a reset. For me that's 11am. I send voyages out after that which is a pain. I generally have to restart the app too to make it clear, otherwise it still shows the previous 'days' settings and switches them on start.
  • Options
    cmdrworfcmdrworf ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah. That explains it.
    Sir, I protest! I am NOT a merry man!
  • Options
    BelleAnna wrote: »
    The skills change at the same time the Gauntlet does a reset. For me that's 11am. I send voyages out after that which is a pain. I generally have to restart the app too to make it clear, otherwise it still shows the previous 'days' settings and switches them on start.

I'll bet that is what happened.

• Options
    If you're configuring your crew for a Voyage at that changeover time, then yes it would shift the gold/silver skills after launch. I have only had the "issue" once and it was frustrating. But it doesn't matter what time it is or when changeover is, I always exit and restart the game before starting a new Voyage. This way, everything is reset to what it should be. I take about 5-10 minutes to adjust my crew, then send it off without an issue.

Some people report a change in skills in the middle of the Voyage. I have never had that happen. What I start with is what I end with no matter if it's 6 hours or 14 hours. And I have run Voyages across the shift change time.
  • Options
    There is a very simple solution for this bug (as with numerous ongoing BUGS) <heavy_sigh>
    Restart app just before you send a Voyage...