Home The Bridge

Stat Inflation Making Offers Worthless

As you've seen, DB is consistently raising stat levels for newer cards.
Not every card, but the undeniable trend is to generally make newer cards more highly powered than older cards.
It's a smart strategy for DB. Indeed, it's th eonly possible strategy for DB.
If a player wants the newest, shiniest, high-powered toy...that player is more inclined to buy the newer card.
It's deliberate, planned obsolescence by DB for your old cards.
Which makes today's offer for Mirror T'Pol just silly.
An older, under-powered card that just isnt worth purchasing.
Now, if you're a card collector or a card-art collector, maybe its worth you while.
Same with the packs offered this week in the portal.

Comments

• IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a 1/5 Sato from a few weeks ago. Highest base DIP in the game.

She's yet to be on a Voyage, will not be in a gauntlet ever, is weak in ship battles and is worse in almost every faction event than the Bonus crew.

Mirror T'Pol I'll likely get more use out of even at 1/5.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can always go the MTG and Hearthstone route. Expire and rotate out older series, invent new traits and abilities and feature them in the new meta.
    But yeah, to make it so new players can be competitive ever, and keep older players purchasing, then power creep is required. One more reason we need multiple premium pack types, so the new stuff is worth something and not diluted by old sheet.
  • Prime LorcaPrime Lorca ✭✭✭✭✭
    But along those lines, you can't sell the old stuff for $25. Try $10 or $15.
    Farewell 🖖
  • JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ivanstone wrote: »
    I have a 1/5 Sato from a few weeks ago. Highest base DIP in the game.

She's yet to be on a Voyage, will not be in a gauntlet ever, is weak in ship battles and is worse in almost every faction event than the Bonus crew.

Mirror T'Pol I'll likely get more use out of even at 1/5.

Yeah, highest base DIP in the game, but not at 1/5 ;) Your reasoning is zero sound. Unless you are the kind of guy who also rates movies after having watched only a fifth of it :p

Also as you surely know ;) there all kinds of different cards, some are made for Gauntlet where 1 * is fine, some rule ship battles etc. Others, like Sato, are strong or in her case the current best basewise. And fully fused she either rocks my daily Voyages or my daily shuttles (especially the one seater diplomacy based ones). Since this is a resource management game many DAILY benefits.

And well, that worse in almost every faction event than the bonus crew argument is superfluous cause it goes for most cards. But together with the bonus crew she rocks shuttles with diplomacy seats as well ;)
  • Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m actually good with power creep. If they didn’t do this we would never see improvements. Your shuttles would never reach a certain percentage. You would never improve on your voyage time. Personally I enjoy pushing for more and the recent power creeps (Sato and Phlox in particular) have allowed me to do that.
  • Princess TristaPrincess Trista ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Not only these things all of you have brought up, but when I started playing there were like 200 less crew than what it is now, so the odds back then of pulling the crew you wanted in packs were greater.

Trista