Home Engineering Room
Options

Steam issue

OK so I bought a new computer today and reinstalled steam.... all my other games installed fine but when I try to play Timelines, it loads a white screen then crashes. I have tried rebooting and reinstalling Timelines with the same results...... any suggestions?

Comments

• Options
    really, really...I still need help with this, I've tried everything I could think of or find on the net... nothing has worked so far.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I am sorry I do not know what to recommend.
    Please provide the specs of your computer, maybe it will help find something out.
  • Options
    [7TW] UnkieB[7TW] UnkieB ✭✭✭✭✭
    Perhaps a video card issue? Hard to give ideas without knowing the computer specs. When it crashes does it just go to desktop? Does it give any error messages?
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    4rgafghoynxx.png

I hope this helps
  • Options
    <TGE> Clifford<TGE> Clifford ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make sure all of your drivers are up to date.
  • Options
    Make sure all of your drivers are up to date.

OK, so I did that and it did have an effect, it is now crashing faster and without giving the error message. So what do I try next?
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    How much space do you have on the drive where all Steam games are installed?
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Shan wrote: »
    How much space do you have on the drive where all Steam games are installed?

844 GB

It brand new... I just bought it last week.
  • Options
    ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did you try other graphic and memory intensive games?
    What graphic card is installed?
    I saw a version of this computer with a 65W power supply, is that what you have?
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I can play Civilization 5 with no problem and all my other games work.... the only one that doesn't play is Timelines.

Card: Intel(R)hd Graphics card
  • Options
    Still need help this...…
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    If i may...i reccomend a complete uninstall of all steam clients and systems from your computer and then reinstall. If that doesnt work id reccomend getting an android emulator to run stt if you have to play on pc, at least until this issue is fixed. Now i have a dell and when i suspect i have an issue with a driver or something else i go to my devices and drivers web page for dell, and run a diagnostic which will run some sort of extensive test on my video and graphics cards and every other bit of hardware on py laptop. Id hope hp has something like that? Ill go check
  • Options
    edited October 2018
    Here is the link to get started
    https://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers
    provide the required device info and it should open up to what i described, somewhere there will be a diagnostics page. If that doesnt help there are some other more advanced troubleshooting options for you to try. They are too indepth to list here so i will wait for your response about the first options i listed.
  • Options
    Also read these forum posts as they my be of a help before you unistall everything steam from your pc
    https://steamcommunity.com/discussions/forum/1/620695877124981387/
  • Options
    If nothing of these works, pm me for more assistance!
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    edited October 2018
    Well, it seems nothing is going to make steam work..... however, the android emulator worked like a charm (took me a minuet to find and enable virtualization in Bios) so big THANKS to
    (CSF) Jesus Is Lord....you are my hero for today :)
  • Options
    EtienneEtienne ✭✭✭
    If i may...i reccomend a complete uninstall of all steam clients and systems from your computer and then reinstall. If that doesnt work id reccomend getting an android emulator to run stt if you have to play on pc, at least until this issue is fixed. Now i have a dell and when i suspect i have an issue with a driver or something else i go to my devices and drivers web page for dell, and run a diagnostic which will run some sort of extensive test on my video and graphics cards and every other bit of hardware on py laptop. Id hope hp has something like that? Ill go check

Is there any reason I shouldn't just continue to use the Android emulator? So far, it seems to work just fine and I sort of like it better then Steam.... I can do my warps w/o having to switch to my phone and I can toggle to my other stuff easer without having to shut down the app.
  • Options
    Etienne wrote: »

Is there any reason I shouldn't just continue to use the Android emulator? So far, it seems to work just fine and I sort of like it better then Steam.... I can do my warps w/o having to switch to my phone and I can toggle to my other stuff easer without having to shut down the app.

Well if you like it better then by all means keep it up, i didnt like it though because it was super slow (but my laptop is 7 years old so...its slow with pretty much everything lol) and when i used hyper v it created conflicts with some other programs i needed to run for my studies. This was all before i had a recent samsung phone, back then i had an lg which couldnt run stt without crashing so the emulator was my only option. But then hey, steam would make my laptop run so hot after about 10 minutes of stt that my laptop would shut down, so i always play on my samsung phone now unless i get a steam gift card and i dont play any other steam games so it goes to stt, i purchase the materiel with the gift card on steam then close stt on my laptop and open it on my phone and use the stuff i just got there. Glad i could help!!!