Home The Bridge
Options

Ship changes from 6.0

When DB did the ship changes for 6.0, they also asked for feedback. I haven't seen a thread in Make it So, but their question is more of a general question, so here it is.

I have been in the game two years, and most ships are maxed, so that is where I am coming from.

I was really hoping the changes would break the staleness in the Commander division. I have every 2* ship maxed except the borg and hirogen ones (these schemes need to drop more). I tried every combo I could come up with to kill the K'Vort, 3*Kang, 3* Obrien clones. No good. In a week of using 70 cadet tickets I dropped about 3000 places net.

So my feedback on the changes on the 2* ships is that it did no good.

I haven't gotten around to the 5* ship changes cause im happy with my combo for the Admiral division.

I doubt I will try the 3*/4*s because of the broken advantage of the Sphere. The ISS Avenger actually has 4 seats like the Sphere but I couldn't come up with a successful combo. But the Avenger starts with a disadvantage of the Boarding ability, versus the Sphere having a repair shield button AND a repair hull button.

I have no useful feedback on the changes on the 3*/4*s because of the Sphere.

General feedback is the Boarding capability damage must be boosted to make certain ships more useful.

My feedback outside of these ship changes from is 6.0 is:

Commander Division (1/2* ships)
Make all 2 star ships three seaters, and restrict to 2* crew or less
Rewards are 3* schemes

Captain Division (3* ships)
Crew should be 3* or less
Rewards are 4* schemes

Commodore Division (4* ships)
Crew 4* or less
All 4* ships shall have 4 seats
Rewards are 5* schemes

Admiral Division (5* Ships)
Rewards are honor (like 200 honor for top 1%)

Comments

• Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I once saw someone with a Suurok-class ship somewhere inside the top 1000 of the Commander division, but that’s the only different ship I have seen in months. I do occasionally encounter someone without Smiley (usually Odo) but never anyone without Kang.

I would love to try the Avenger in the Captain division but do not have it leveled up enough to count. I’m not sure how the slots work out but I would start with Robin Hood and Tommy Gun Dixon to work with the boarding skill.

Like you, I am happy with my setup in the Admiral division. Although I still see the T’Ong bug where it can fire through my Bounty’s cloak from time to time, I remain highly competitive against any ship in the division.
  • Options
    Mr. LincolnMr. Lincoln ✭✭✭✭✭
    Right you are, the T'ong bug is alive and well still. Rapidly hitting the point where rewards are nonexistent for two months, so I'm not concerned with that.