Home The Bridge
Options

How many usable Gauntlet crew you have and have many do you actually use?

S31S31 ✭✭✭✭✭
So I am interested although I have plenty of usable Gauntlet crew actually most of the time I use the ''FIRST TEAM'' except for when someone gets a pretty big bonus.

My first team looks like this
Surak COM 477 DIP 554 SCI 679
Caretaker ENG 874 SCI 525 MED 404
Admiral Riker COM 562 DIP 513 SEC 437
Mirror Troi DIP 518 SEC 419 MED 642
Mirror Picard COM 783 SEC 470 SCI 93

When I want to switch thing it's usually Surak and Mirror Picard who get out.
My other usable crew are this

Mirror Phlox MED 870 SEC 420
Mirror T'Pol COM 384 DIP 455 SCI 594
Commander Donatra COM 656 DIP 189 SEC 495
Nurse Faith Garland DIP 334 SCI 120 MED 799
Mirror Geordi ENG 575 SCI 356 SEC 225
Weeding T'Pol COMM 235 DIP 658 SCI 244
Landry COM 248 SEC 716 SCI 118
Seven of Nine DIP 195 ENG 456 SCI 839

Could be useful for someone but I never really used them
T'Kuvma
Vreenak
Will Scarlet
Female Founder

Comments

• Options
    Seven of One Seven of One ✭✭✭✭✭
    I use:

Surak
    The Keeper
    Caretaker
    Those three tend to go on every gauntlet

The rest tend to be swings and roundabouts depending in skills needed and trait bonus. Have not had Mirror Picard very long and I miss him when he's not there now so I might add him to my 'always there' list, which means I'll cycle between Phlox and Garland for the best MED.
    Mirror Picard
    Garland
    Mirror Phlox
    Interfaced Last Forge
    Augment O'Brien

Reserve list (occasional use)
    Valeris
    Klingon Bride Jadzia
    Deulist Torres
    Antaak

Ten Forward Loungers - Give Your Best, Get Our Best!
    Check out our website to find out more:
    https://wiki.tenforwardloungers.com/
  • Options
    My staple crew is
    The Caretaker
    Seven of Nine
    Bartender Guinan
    Mirror Picard
    Surak

Occasionally iampicard suggests I use
    Mirror Phlox
    Nurse Faith Garland
    Wedding T'Pol

That's it. Kind of boring really.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have literally zero of those crew. This perhaps explains why The Gauntlet is less fun for newer players. It's like getting your first credit card; you cannot get one without having good credit, but you cannot get good credit without a credit card. You need to do well in The Gauntlet to get good Gauntlet crew like Caretaker, Guinan, and Locutus, but without those crew you cannot do well in The Gauntlet. I do OK, but eventually I mess up and get too many trophies and then have to face an endless swarm of Caretakers, various Picards, Guinans, Suraks, etc.

Sorry, this is off topic, my apologies.
  • Options
    I've been playing the game for 6 months, so I think I've been really lucky. I hit the number 1 spot before I got the caretaker, or mirror Picard, so some of it is RNG based (the top 10 people never played for the last two hours). If I get a behold I often ask in fleet chat what my best options are, otherwise I probably wouldn't have known about The Keeper at all. My fleet also advised me to take Mirror Picard, I wouldn't have such a great crew without them 😍
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    My core 5 are
    Locutus
    Surak
    Caretaker
    Guinan
    Sulan

But I occasionally switch to
    Mirror phlox
    Necheyev
    Mme. De neuf
    Mirror Picard
    Rev. Damar
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to switch things up a fair bit because I have been fortunate to get some variety in my Gauntlet stars, so I will break them down by skill:

COM: Mirror Picard, Enabran Tain, Revolutionary Damar. In the last few months I have also rolled out T’Kuvma and 1701 Sisko when they have two trait matches.

DIP: Chancellor Gowron, Bartender Guinan, Locutus. Abe Lincoln and Klingon Bride Jadzia make it when they have a trait match and I do have Kai Opaka, though I have not used her since she was leveled up.

ENG: The Caretaker, Mirror Geordi, Tempted Data, La Borge. Banjoman probably gets more usage than the others but each of the others will occasionally have a skill or trait advantage.

SEC: Gangster Spock, Ushaan Archer, Mirror Shukar. Spock gets used heavily but I will use the other two for single trait matches and Valeris, Mirror Uhura, or even Mirror Bashir if two or more traits match.

MED: Mirror Phlox, Nurse Garland, Antaak, Crell Moset, Alternate Future Bashir. Between these five I always seem to have at least one trait match. Nurse Garland probably goes more often but if no traits match I still prefer Phlox. Doc Crusher and Mirror Troi are outside possibilities with trait matches.

SCI: Surak, Yarnek, The Keeper, Dr. Daystrom. Surak is used the most and these four pretty much cover all the most common traits. When two traits match I will roll out Mirror Spock.
    ByloBand wrote: »
    I have literally zero of those crew. This perhaps explains why The Gauntlet is less fun for newer players. It's like getting your first credit card; you cannot get one without having good credit, but you cannot get good credit without a credit card. You need to do well in The Gauntlet to get good Gauntlet crew like Caretaker, Guinan, and Locutus, but without those crew you cannot do well in The Gauntlet. I do OK, but eventually I mess up and get too many trophies and then have to face an endless swarm of Caretakers, various Picards, Guinans, Suraks, etc.

Sorry, this is off topic, my apologies.

I don’t know that “doing well” is necessarily the path to getting the Caretaker, Locutus, or Guinan. Even sheer volume of rounds played is no guarantee...luck seems to be required. Being able to put together a streak, even if it is only three victories, is the number one thing you can do. Don’t chase trophies for rank...that’s how you run into walls of powerful crew.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dumped crew I used exclusively for gauntlet. 2* caretaker, 2* Guinan, 1* Spock and 3* seven of nine were only being used for gauntlet and nothing else. And I was still losing 5 out of 6 matches! They are gone now. I use mirror Troi, Nachayev, Surak, Tempted Data (these four cover all skills) then for the 5th spot I scroll for whoever has decent stats and a good crit rating
  • Options
    Dirk GundersonDirk Gunderson ✭✭✭✭✭
    Banjo1012 wrote: »
    I dumped crew I used exclusively for gauntlet. 2* caretaker, 2* Guinan, 1* Spock and 3* seven of nine were only being used for gauntlet and nothing else. And I was still losing 5 out of 6 matches! They are gone now. I use mirror Troi, Nachayev, Surak, Tempted Data (these four cover all skills) then for the 5th spot I scroll for whoever has decent stats and a good crit rating

Airlocked both The Caretaker and Guinan? Yikes. Both of them are somewhat regular voyage crew for me even at 2/5*.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to do well in The Gauntlet to get good Gauntlet crew

Not really, in fact I got most Gauntlet crew after low streak lootboxes like 6 wins (which is also possible with a weaker crew). So don´t give up hope.

• Options
    Cam TaliisCam Taliis ✭✭✭✭
    Chancellor Gowron
    Mirror Phlox
    Seven of Nine

Are who I use the most.

Delta Airlines Paris and LaBorge also come in often, based on traits/Crit chance.
  • Options
    JeanLucKirkJeanLucKirk ✭✭✭✭✭
    Airlocked both The Caretaker and Guinan? Yikes. Both of them are somewhat regular voyage crew for me even at 2/5*.

The USS Dogstar of Banjo is filled to the tilt with fully fused legendaries. In his case they would only shorten Voyages...

• Options
    KaiteeKaitee ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll be honest, I'm pretty meh about the Gauntlet - some days I forget to play it, or just don't feel like it, unless I'm saving up chrons for a galaxy event, then I'll usually slog through to see if I pick up some extras. In any case I'm not overly fond of the Caretaker (maybe if he was in jellyfish form, but I couldn't care less about some cranky old git from a farm) so I don't feel like I'm missing out really.

So I just let the game pick for me - at the moment that's Surak, Mirror Troi, Seven, Mam'selle de Neuf, and High Seas Bev. (And yeah I did just have to load up the game because I didn't actually remember.) I got lucky and picked up Guinan (off like three or six wins, something low) before the switch to Caretaker, I really should level her up one of these days, I just haven't gotten around to it.
  • Options
    Too many...i m even too lazy to scroll down the list everytime. Mostly using the same ppl.
    •SSR Delta Flyers•
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

After months and months they never made it on one voyage for me. My OCD made me drop them cuz I wasn’t going to use citations on them

• Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

The USS Dogstar of Banjo is filled to the tilt with fully fused legendaries. In his case they would only shorten Voyages...

Ha! Dogstar. I have a ton of SCI/ENG and MED/DIP. I didn’t need any more and they would not have surpassed the numbers of those I already had. My gauntlet success is pretty much the same without them

• Options
    First team is:
    Caretaker
    Kahless
    Gowron
    Guinan
    Mirror Phlox
    Surak

I have:
    CMD Kahless/ Mirror Picard/ Nechayev

MED Mirror Phlox/ Nurse Garland/ Doc Crusher (with the stupid hat)/ Crel Moset/ Antaak/ Gladiator McCoy and so on

SEC Gangster Spock/ Disguised Kira

DIP Gowron/ Guinan/ Kai Opaka/ Female Founder

SCI Daystrom/ Surak

ENG The Caretaker / Assimilated LaForge
  • Options
    IvanstoneIvanstone ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have:
    COM - Kahless, Mirror Picard, Damar
    DIP - Guinan, Locutus
    ENG - Caretaker, LaBorge
    SEC - Uh, lets not discuss SEC.
    MED - DPhlox, MPhlox, Nurse Faith, Doc Crusher, Future Bashir
    SCI - Surak, 7of9, Daystrom

Usually it comes down to traits. Sometimes a weaker gauntlet crew will get tossed in because of traits. Quark is a current example. I have a decent number of solid SEC gauntlet crew but no real standouts. Caretaker is the only closest thing I have to an auto-include since he's a good triple threat who also utterly dominates one stat.
    VIP 13 - 310 Crew Slots - 1055 Immortals
  • Options
    My Default crew is typically:

- Kahless
    - Gowron
    - Surak
    - Seven
    - Mirror Troi or Faith Garland

Kahless and Gowron are pretty constant, unless someone else happens to have a good enough bonus to warrant replacing. I also always make sure to have every stat filled with at least one person, although since I don't have Caretaker ENG is a very sore point for me.
  • Options
    My Default are usually
    Kahless, Gowron, Surak, Caretaker, Locutus.

I'll often sub in Sulan or Mirror Picard. If the traits match up Damar or Mirror Phlox might drop in. I've never used my Opaka and only rarely Nechayev or Riker.

Apart from Guinan, Defensive Phlox and Mirror Troi I have all the top Gauntlet crew but those are the only ones I have any use for really.
    Come join our fleet! We're a great social group that helps each other. You play the way you want to, participate as much as you want and if you want to be competitive, you can be! Check out our fleet ad:

https://forum.disruptorbeam.com/stt/discussion/5023/qh-the-oldest-fleet-in-timelines-l91-starbase-daily-targets-met
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really, in fact I got most Gauntlet crew after low streak lootboxes like 6 wins (which is also possible with a weaker crew). So don´t give up hope.

I will never give up, that's simply not in my DNA. But it is really frustrating. I am also thoroughly confused about the stated strategy of chasing streaks by going with the weaker opponents on the far right of the line with only 10 trophies. Nearly always, the foes on the right ranked 140th or so are actually stronger than the ones on the left with higher ranks and way more trophies, so I'm forced to fight the "easier" foe on the left and get tons of trophies just to get a win, which only makes my situation worse!

That may be the real flaw of The Gauntlet, not the RNG. Players with really great crew deliberately camping in the low ranks chasing streaks, making it exceptionally difficult for newer players to chase streaks. I basically chase rank and trophies because that is the only path available to me, the longest streak I've EVER managed was 7.
  • Options
    ~peregrine~~peregrine~ ✭✭✭✭✭

I will never give up, that's simply not in my DNA. But it is really frustrating. I am also thoroughly confused about the stated strategy of chasing streaks by going with the weaker opponents on the far right of the line with only 10 trophies. Nearly always, the foes on the right ranked 140th or so are actually stronger than the ones on the left with higher ranks and way more trophies, so I'm forced to fight the "easier" foe on the left and get tons of trophies just to get a win, which only makes my situation worse!

That may be the real flaw of The Gauntlet, not the RNG. Players with really great crew deliberately camping in the low ranks chasing streaks, making it exceptionally difficult for newer players to chase streaks. I basically chase rank and trophies because that is the only path available to me, the longest streak I've EVER managed was 7.

+ (2^15)-1
    "In the short run, the game defines the players. But in the long run, it's us players who define the game." — Nicky Case, The Evolution of Trust
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    I just ran (and lost) 5 rounds in The Gauntlet. I took screen shots of all 6 opponents in all 5 rounds, cut / pasted them together, and redacted the names of the players to show you what I am describing. In all 5 rounds, the opponent on the far right was either the most difficult opponent or equally difficult to the rest of the opponents.

ROUND 1
    llsweao2kiel.jpg

ROUND 2
    sifzroas0w0z.jpg

ROUND 3
    5bfx04oplcx4.jpg

ROUND 4
    j25ptx4tr83k.jpg

ROUND 5
    q6klgzkdx1qi.jpg

You tell me what a maxed out Kahless is doing ranked 118th with with 2 hours left, and only worth TEN trophies!

• Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭

You tell me what a maxed out Kahless is doing ranked 118th with with 2 hours left, and only worth TEN trophies!

When did you start your gauntlet? If you start then right after the last one ends the fields tend to be very tough.
  • Options
    Bylo BandBylo Band ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paladin 27 wrote: »

When did you start your gauntlet? If you start then right after the last one ends the fields tend to be very tough.

That's not really the point though. The point is that this is a fraud of a competition, because it apparently rewards tanking, or rather in many cases punishes you for competing.
  • Options
    Paladin 27Paladin 27 ✭✭✭✭✭
    People also sign up for them and barely play sometimes.

Depending on the time you okay there may be less than 75 or they may be 150 people with a kahless or mirror Picard. Signing up right after gauntlet end will get you closer to the 150.

Signing up the next morning or around dabo the next day may get you a much less competitive field.
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Depending on the time you okay there may be less than 75 or they may be 150 people with a kahless or mirror Picard. Signing up right after gauntlet end will get you closer to the 150.

Signing up the next morning or around dabo the next day may get you a much less competitive field.

I do this sometimes. I’ll start a gauntlet then forget to play for like a day. Especially since for some strange reason that little 5 doesn’t appear when your crew is refreshed.
  • Options

I do this sometimes. I’ll start a gauntlet then forget to play for like a day. Especially since for some strange reason that little 5 doesn’t appear when your crew is refreshed.

Yeah thats annoying. Sometimes it will appear if I restart the game but if im already in it doesn't appear. Have to try and keep the refresh time in my head and not forget!
  • Options
    Banjo1012Banjo1012 ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah thats annoying. Sometimes it will appear if I restart the game but if im already in it doesn't appear. Have to try and keep the refresh time in my head and not forget!

Yes, I rely on that as a reminder
  • Options
    Lady GaghgaghLady Gaghgagh ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    So my typical go-to gauntleteers are...

CMD - Kahless or Mirror Picard
    If she has a bonus then Nechayev may make an appearance, same with Damarm but I consider him a pretty cursed choice, seems like even when he has bonuses he rarely gets them.

DIP - Chancellor Gowron or Bartender Guinan
    If she has two or more bonuses then Ambassador Troi pops in, same with Mirror Troi.

ENG - Caretaker
    If he has enough two or more bonuses then Okona takes the stage, and very rarely do I break out North Star Tucker.

SEC - Probably my most fluid category, Gangster Spock is great, but I often use a lot of character's SEC as a secondary like Kahless, Mirror Phlox, and Mirror Picard so I may not have a SEC top notch person on the team.

MED - Used to be Mirror Phlox the most, but now I find myself using Captain Beverly more, her 3 skillness is more useful than I imagined.
    Sometimes my MED becomes secondary like the SEC crew, such as I might leave Guinan or Caretaker as my main MED in the same gauntlet. On occasion Gladiator McCoy makes it in when he has a bonus or two, but like Damar, I consider him a cursed choice, because it seems like even when he has bonuses he rarely gets crits.

SCI - Seven of Nine usually, but sometimes I put in Daystrom or Keeper in if they have bonuses.
    Like MED and SEC, sometimes I let SCI be secondary if I have Caretaker in play, because he handles SCI rather well.
    Admiral of the Haus of GaghGagh, Starbase level 94, we are not accepting members at this time.
    Captain of the voyage vessels: Queen of Bashir, Landsknecht, and Sunspear, the first luxury starship cruiseliners.
    Amenities include wifi, fully-functioning holodecks, a full-service bar, 3 party decks, a Trill spa, and a business centre.
    Fun fact: The ships are propelled by bouncy castle technology.
  • Options
    Kahless, surak, gary7, and caretaker make them all for me at this point.

Garland, Gowron, mirror phlox tend to fill the 5th spot...

I did just get bdsm troi though, so she might see a lot of that 5th spot.