Home Engineering Room

The wonderful new censor in the UC...

Hello, I appreciate that you guys want to try and keep the chat in the UC respectable... but this new edit to the chatroom is out of control. I cant look at the screen without seeing a long string of #'s in the midst of words and it is making the chat nearly impossible to read... I believe something should be done about this censor. If there is anyone out there who would like to comment or feels the same please feel free to comment.

Comments

• I agree with Wizz,,, it's so bad you can't even read 1/2 the messages in Uc,,,,it's just sad,,the decision to put this censor was really really bad,,,,but,,, Go with your strengths DB...
  • i believe they are deliberately trying to screw the chat up so badly that people stop bothering try. if the new chat filter is any sign of things to come, i don't expect them to remain in business much longer.
    they all ready sacked 1/3 of their personnel. now the chat becoming so trashed with garbage they may as well just bann the entire alphabet. i have noticed that they are now banning single letters.
    its just DB Forcing their TYRANT views on the people. who ever keeps adding more and more to the censor filter needs to have their head removed from their rectum. <== to put it in medical terms.
    at this point i assume that they found some jack **tsk tsk** from the Salem Witch trials to decide on what can and cant be said.
    HEY, DB, TRY READING THE CONSTITUTION. but i guess that's also banned.
    DB needs to fire the Ferrengi and higher more Engineers, Rom doesn't count.
    [FSC] Peace Keepers
    Gryphon [****] Adm
  • please remove Four Twenty from the censored list
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    the word 'in' is censored now. That's right, IN.
    Really, guys that's officially taking the cake.

fix it.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pallidyne wrote: »

fix it.

What was the context?
    The word itself is not censored at all.
  • ShanShan ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    please remove Four Twenty from the censored list

I have tried a fix for that, is it still an issue today?
  • four twenty fixed, ill edit and remove from list; thank you.
  • PallidynePallidyne ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shan wrote: »
    Pallidyne wrote: »

fix it.

What was the context?
    The word itself is not censored at all.

It was what city are you staying in?
    I then put 'in' on a line by itself

I am now not seeing it censored today. So unless there's some random tribble in the censor (which is more troubling than it being actually in the list of censored) then we're good for now.
  • The word "arena" is filtered. And if you type. "I just got 1 shot in the arena" it'll filter out everything after the word "got". They're basically trying to prevent people from complaining about the game cheating.