Home The Bridge
Options

Were Dabo Re-Rolls/Bonus Spins nerfed

So I practically never get more than just one bonus spin any more. Is it just me, or did they get nerfed? Maybe there's some trick to get more, and if anybody's aware of it they can enlighten the rest of us?

Comments

• Options
    So I practically never get more than just one bonus spin any more. Is it just me, or did they get nerfed? Maybe there's some trick to get more, and if anybody's aware of it they can enlighten the rest of us?

You only get one free spin every day as they have a 24 hour timeout.
  • Options
    KayJay47 wrote: »

You only get one free spin every day as they have a 24 hour timeout.

Not so sure about that as I have had 2 and sometimes 3 extra free spins on Dabo. Often when it comes up with the scan warp but not a battle or away mission.

Maybe more comments will enlighten as to what other players are receiving.
  • Options
    FlayFlay ✭✭✭
    The ad-boosted spin has a 24 hours cooldown after usage, unlike the dabo wheel itself, which is on a fixed 24 hours timer, so thats a pretty silly design. It's best to write down the time when your dabo-ad is finished. The second rule is that you can't have used a different ad boost within the last 20 minutes (neither double reward nor free warp1).
    [GER - SF] Star Fleet - recruiting active captains with event participation. Our Starbase is level 134 and we use the Line App (optional) for spam, bragging, jokes, motivation and sharing tactics. German language.
  • Options
    DavideBooksDavideBooks ✭✭✭✭✭
    Flay wrote: »
    The ad-boosted spin has a 24 hours cooldown after usage, unlike the dabo wheel itself, which is on a fixed 24 hours timer, so thats a pretty silly design. It's best to write down the time when your dabo-ad is finished. The second rule is that you can't have used a different ad boost within the last 20 minutes (neither double reward nor free warp1).

I avoid any type of ad bonus an hour before, just to be certain. But what you wrote is what I've found and you put it very well.
  • Options
    Captain_WhoCaptain_Who ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the correction. I swear the first few days I got a few rolls, and even as recent as a week (maybe more?) ago I got a second. Oh, well, I'll just assume one and remember the hour rule.

I'd forgotten there was an hour cooldown on cadet missions in the past and was confused why I only got 4 or 5 in a day.
  • Options
    AldudeAldude ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it annoying that sometimes I watch an ad, and THEN it tells me that I've exceeded the limit, and can't get my free spin.
    Fleet Admiral of NCC UK Midlands."Leave any bigotry in your quarters. There's no room for it on the bridge." - J.T. Kirk, 2266
  • Options
    AviTrekAviTrek ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »
    I find it annoying that sometimes I watch an ad, and THEN it tells me that I've exceeded the limit, and can't get my free spin.

Yes, especially if you play on multiple devices, each device doesn't know when you've watched an ad on the other device. And then once you attempt to watch the free spin ad you won't get the option on that device for another 24 hours.
  • Options
    At least you get one per day, I have not received one since the first day it started.
  • Options
    My dabo resets @10am...my free dabo spin shows up around 1am
    ~ seeking out new life
  • Options
    Like the others have mentioned, I also have never seen the free dabo spin ad more than once every 24 hours (which is the way it is designed to work from my understanding). My "strategy" for it is simple...dabo resets at 12pm my time, I pay with credits for my first one, sometimes do 1 for 10 dilithium, then use my free spin with the ad. This way I know exactly when my free spin will occur and I know when I can use a 2x ad warp (1 hour before) and/ or a regular ad warp (20 minutes before).
  • Options
    (HGH)Apollo(HGH)Apollo ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited September 2018
    Odds of getting any top tier crew or item is so abysmally low since they nerfed dabo a couple weeks after it was released. I have not gotten anything decent from dabo in well over a year and a half. I am about ready to give up on dabo.
    Let’s fly!
  • Options
    WebberoniWebberoni ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sometimes I have found that when I am due for a scheduled ad-ward or 2x-ad-warp, I need to restart the app in order for the free dabo spin ad-warp to become available.
  • Options
    Matt_DeckerMatt_Decker ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aldude wrote: »

This. Thank you for posting. I find this particularly annoying as well.
    Fleet: Starship Trista
    Captain Level: 95
    VIP Level: 12
    Unique Crew Immortalized: 525
    Collections Completed: Vulcan, Ferengi, Borg, Romulan, Cardassian, Uncommon, Rare, Veteran, Common, Engineered, Physician, Innovator, Inspiring, Diplomat, Jury Rigger, Gauntlet Legends